[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You only like Moby Dick because you have been conditioned to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
You only like Moby Dick because you have been conditioned to
>>
What book is that?
>>
>>9577933

It seems you bought a book written from the bottom to the top. This isn't how books in English are normally written, so you'll understand that I'm not going to want to read that.
>>
File: MOBY_DICK-2.jpg (79KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
MOBY_DICK-2.jpg
79KB, 328x500px
>>9577933
I have loved it for 25 years, since I read this at 10. When I was 18 I read the real version and I loved it then too. The finality of action is amazing, the Nantucket chapters are ripe with imagery and mounting suspense, and Ahab is an anti-hero extraordinaire.
>>
i only like Moby Dick because i have been conditioned to
>>
>>9577933
You're only saying that because you have been brainwashed.
>>
i only like conditioning because i have been conditioned to

by a giant whale

the irony is off the charts
>>
>>9577950
Translation Studies Reader
>>
>>9577962
"In the US, he or she will tell you that Moby Dick is a great novel, one of the masterpieces of American literature. He will tell you so because he has been told so in school, because she has read comic strips and extracts in anthologies, and because captain Ahab will forever look like Gregory Peckas far as he or she is concerned."

>>9577950
Andre Lefevere - Mother Courage's Cucumbers: Text, System and Refraction in a Theory of Literature
>>
All your desires and likes have been conditioned
>>
File: try_harder.jpg (41KB, 372x500px) Image search: [Google]
try_harder.jpg
41KB, 372x500px
>>9577933
>trying to condition people into not liking Moby Dick anymore
>>
The Sea-Wolf is better.
>>
>>9577933
Same applies to videogames, the language (you) know, and most everything else. Funny how relatively few have been conditioned to like MD, however. That is, relatively speaking.
>>
>>9577933
>he hasn't read Darden
alright
>>
>>9577933
>psychological state is conditioned
say it aint so
>>
>>9577933
Isn't society all about conditioning the blank slate into a certain ideal?
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 224x224px
>>9577933
>tradition
>bad
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.