[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you support procreation, you're a dangerous idiot. Thank you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

If you support procreation, you're a dangerous idiot. Thank you
>>
Narcissistic belief that your own condition is in any way better than whatever comes in the future I see
>>
File: 1493219135900.jpg (54KB, 564x709px)
1493219135900.jpg
54KB, 564x709px
>>9576593
I don't support you procreating, does that count?
>>
If I think about what choosing to have kids means for any amount of time means, it seems unjustifiable. On the other hand, I'm not nearly as disgusted by it on a day to day basis as I would assume an antinatalist should be, the same way that anyone who is pro-life should be furious all of the time. Those are positions which, if you believe them, you should be more than slightly uncomfortable every once in a while as a result. I think that someone who supports procreation is just someone who's able to stop reasoning for a while. Even though they might end up crafting shitty pro-natalist or anti-anti-natalist arguments, I mean that as a compliment.
>>
>>9577444
Once you get into esoteric mysticism. Forget it. The dangers of consciousness are multiplied a thousand-fold. I spend a lot of time fretting over its implications but its hard to imagine a world where a species of anything pursues its own demise.
>>
>>9576593
Was antinatalist but lo, got a kid. I love him and will do all I can to make sure his childhood conduces to competent, responsible adulthood.
>>
>>9576593
I'm going to translate this guy's magnum opus once I can learn some fucking german
>>
>>9576593
I support procreation for others but not myself
>>
>>9579266
>ideals run counter to actions
>I guess I'll adjust my ideals then

Well it works for most Christians.
>>
>>9579888
>experienced phenomena presents an intelligible counterargument to your academic theory and model of life
>better reject reality in its totality and murder my fucking kid because muh ideals
>>
>>9579888
Haven't necessarily adjusted my ideals, but I do have a heart. Actions DID NOT run counter to my ideals-- I could tell a long, sad story, but why bother?
In short, I was with a woman for 5 years who went off bc without bothering to inform me. THAT split us up, won me the contempt of my family and most of my friends, etc. --5 years ago.
But I've kept in my child's life, live a block away from his mother, do more than what's required, and am probably a better father than most. Fact is, I love my boy.
Life's not so simple, senpai.
>>
>>9576593
Mainlaender cd be a Dessner twin.. triplet. Resemblance even more eerie in photos.
>>
>>9579983
I had a much bigger post which got eaten but I want to say I'm not telling you to hate your child. Now he's in the muck with the rest of us. In fact I'd say you owe him unconditional love and having love for each other and solidarity in this trial of life is the most important thing while we abide together. I'm just saying this personal experience is no justification to abandon antinatalism on principle. You don't need to flagellate yourself over it. You're right to say "life" is not so simple. But that once again mistakenly presupposes the immanence and necessity of "life".

>>9579937

I don't support killing anyone because it causes suffering and I'm not a materialist. I don't even think annihilation is very likely anymore. We don't know that death is the end but we know birth is the beginning of something.
>>
>>9576593
>Current year
Unironically if you don't have at least $200,000 in the bank for your child's education at the time of their birth you're condemning them to a life in the underclass 9/10 times.
>>
>>9580099
Or you could be born in a country that isn't America and not have to worry about most of this shit.
>>
If you don't kill yourself, you're a dangerous idiot. Thank you
>>
File: 1496283102720.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1496283102720.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>9581086
You better check your privilege, euro-scum.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.