[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bou dat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1496197255083617207905.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
1496197255083617207905.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
How am I doing /lit/?
>>
you got some books that you haven't and won't read. so on par with the average person here
>>
>>9575959
5 bucks a pop. Fuck it.
>>
I really dislike the texture of these covers. All waxy. 5 bucks for a new book really isnt bad though, I have a few of them. Also you should really clean your fingernails
>>
>>9575957
How is BK so small? It should be about 700pgs while the one you have looks 300 at most
>>
>>9576057
i have that copy and it only seems to be small in that picture. it's just an angular illusion.
>>
>>9576033
Naw I do manual labor it'll just be there again tomorrow.
>>9576057
Optical illusion. Notice there is also no way of knowing Candide is basically the size of a large pamphlet.
>>9575959
And you know what I have already read Candide so fuck off.
>>
>>9575957
STOP MAKING THESE THREADS

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED JUSTIFICATION FOR WHAT YOU READ? HOLY SHIT

THE MAJORITY OF LIT HAS ALREADY READ THESE BOOKS. YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL FOR JUST NOW BUYING THEM
>>
>>9576081
Just looking for some early insights on the books. I expected /lit/ had read them. Relax the 'tisms my dude.
>>
>>9575957
Pretty well, but never get the B&N translations of Russian works. I'd highly recommend another edition.
>>
>>9576131
why?
>>
>>9576131
Constance Garnett is decent enough.
>>
>>9576131
>>9576136
Pevear is supposed to be the best, certainly the most fluid. I do like Garnett's version of Notes though. The only other translation I'm aware of is the brit, who I really disliked. So imo
Pevear>Garnett>>>>>everything else
>>
>>9576081
>why are you trying to discuss lit on a literature board
>why are you trying to seek justification and correction on a board with a bizarre hard on for how well read you are
>>
>>9576078
>I don't need to shower, I will be dirty again tomorrow
>I don't wash my clothes, they'll need washing again in a few days
Jesus Christ dude
>>
>>9576217

Why do people with absolutely no expertise or even knowledge insist on spouting their completely accidental opinions?
>>
>>9576693
maybe share yours instead desu
and whether it differs for Tolstoy
>>
>>9576675
I shower. It's just that to get motor oil stains out of your fingernails requires quite a bit of work and often it is completely fruitless labor short of just trimming your nails down to the skin and starting over. You'd know that if you'd ever labored in a masculine field.
>>
>>9575957
>Barnes and nobel edition

Kek
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.