[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

b-bloomlets btfo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

b-bloomlets btfo
>>
If you're expecting any good reviews on Goodreads, you're just as much of a dilettante as this guy.
>>
He's right you know
>>
>>9574218
>dilettante

thanks for making it so obvious you're a pseud
>>
>>9574238
>pseud

thanks for making it so obvious you're a dilettante
>>
>>9574193
This guy is a god. He shits on plenty of stuff I like though.
>>
>>9574193
he's 100% correct in this review. that book is a waste of time
>>
>>9574193
He's right. Harold Bloom is a shitty, vague thinker.

But I wouldn't say that he's expounding "American" myth. Bloom is essentially a Romanticist. The problem with Romanticism is that it's nonsensical: most artists in history have never given a single shit about "imagination" or "the individual".
>>
>>9574245
>dilettante

thanks for making it so obvious you're a layman
>>
>>9574421
>layman

thanks for making it so obvious you're clergy
>>
He's right though. Which doesn't refute Bloomposters. Nobody reads Bloom's criticism besides Anxiety of Influence, it's all fluff beyond that. People only like Bloom for his hot opinions and a pretty good list he slapped together once.
>>
>>9574298
Okay, I think this is the pseud post to show people
>Shitting on famous writer (not pseud in itself)
>Writes off an entire literary movement as 'nonsensical' with 15 words of explanation
>Explanation is that most artists haven't given a shit about 'imagination' or 'the individual'
>>
>>9574626

Hot opinions are rewarded on 4chan, which is why I like this dude's response to people who say something so sweeping and inflammatory as the person he was responding too:

>>9574660

Is there a meme for this? When somebody just spews their spicy grabs on the board, what quick defense do we have? Where is an image I can just spam at everyone who does this?
>>
>>9574298
>>9574280
>>9574253
>>9574233
no discernible talent
>>
>>9574193
I get that he's complaining about Bloom being hypocritical but why does his review make it sound like conservative views are bad?
>>
>>9574771
He's a simpleton whose life revolves around a label. It's quite sad to be honest
>>
>>9574771
Because it's a very leftist site that circlejerks over conservative denouncement. He's not even entirely wrong with some of the things he said about Bloom, but that part of the review really annoyed me as well.
>>
>>9574193
>it made me think that I ought to be reading those books instead.
That was probably Blooms objective, desu.
>>
The part where he doesn't like Bloom's mystical/radical individualism, and how books are about self-improvement and reflection, is a little bit gay. Also the fact that he doesn't like it because it's "conservative". However, he's spot on in how a lot of Bloom's works are obsessed with
>retelling the plot line of other works
>the genealogy/influences on works
>>
>>9574193
>[...] it made me think that I ought to be reading those books instead.

That's the point. This guy's criticizing Bloom for being pointless while missing the point lol
>>
>>9574193
>America's obsession with guns
Can this faggot kill himself
>>
>>9574861
>Can this faggot kill himself
no, he doesn't have a gun.
>>
>>9575015
>What is Japan?
>>
File: mkk.png (115KB, 819x455px) Image search: [Google]
mkk.png
115KB, 819x455px
>goodreads
>>
File: 1493178539032.jpg (843KB, 648x2065px) Image search: [Google]
1493178539032.jpg
843KB, 648x2065px
>goodreads
>>
>>9575864
Why are you allowed to review a book that you never read and in this case not even out yet. Goodreads should delete all of these reviews
>>
>>9574298
IDIOT: THE POST
>>
>>9574193
A reasonable criticism, but, honestly, who gives a shit?
>>
This is actually the most coherent critique of bloom I've ever read.

Bloom BTFO. Trevor doesn't hide behind a veil of anonymity either when he's telling it how he is.
>>
You can't understand Bloom if you're unfamiliar with the Kabbalah, Kabbalah & Criticism is his best work by far, and I feel like /pol/'s anti-semitism is seeping into this board every day
>>
>>9574298
>"it just doesnt make any sense!!"
>ray face from gen kill
Guaranteed replies
>>
>>9575831
I'm literally SEETHING
>>
>>9574193
stupid criticism
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.