[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunter S Thompson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What does /lit/ think of Hunter S Thompson? Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is the reason I read every day now, I loved it.
>>
>>9572984
Fear an Loathing is great, but F&L on the campaign trail is his absolute best, and desu, some of the best writing I've ever read. Funny, sincere, scathing, honest.
>>
>>9572984
i'm not that into f&l actually but i like his other shit, the hell's angels book, the various stories in great shark hunt, and most of all f&l on the campaign trail 72.

campaign trail is the best thing by him i've read but it might be hard to follow if you're not familiar with that election, because he wrote that as election coverage for rolling stone and assumes the reader knows what's happening. what i've done is read it after first reading nixonland, the last part of which concerns the 72 election from a more detached historical perspective, and then you get this immediate, subjective, emotional take on the same events from f&l on the campaign trail.
>>
>>9572984
He's just ok.
>>
Really liked Fear and Loathing and Rum Diaries, but then again I haven't yet read much else by him. Those two are my essential summer reads tbqh lads.
>>
File: 1493696145560.jpg (227KB, 1230x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493696145560.jpg
227KB, 1230x800px
>>9572984
the second vol of his letters was a good read , sad that the third will never come out
>>
Could anyone explain to me what exactly is AMERICAN DREAM?
>>
>>9572984
Take a pseud and pump him full of hallucinogens and he's still a pseud.
>>
>>9573884
>hey guys, i only watched the gilliam movie but i have opinions
>>
meh wasn't for me, I didn't think it was bad but there was something about the writing style I didn't like, it felt somewhat schizophrenic, but not in a good way.
>>
decent writer but a sad and broken person whose life should serve as a warning on how not to live. unfortunately his more zealous fans ignore his works and rather just admire his "lifestyle"
>>
Great. The essay about the Kentucky Derby is a searing indictment of class in America.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.