[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any books that deal with the "daily grind"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1438691082308.png (494KB, 998x734px) Image search: [Google]
1438691082308.png
494KB, 998x734px
Any books that deal with the "daily grind"?
>>
do you mean like fiction about "the daily grind"?
philosophy for how to deal with "the daily grind"?
or maybe something more marxist that criticizes "the daily grind"?
>>
How does anyone enjoy the "daily grind"? I've met people who are proud of it
>>
>>9572759
Anything honestly

It is kind of fascinating to me, I just recently made the shift from student to wageslave and it is not depressing, not satisfying, just meh.

>>9572770
I guess there are a few jobs that actually let you do things that you enjoy?

Dunno desu

Fuck literal wageslaves tho that defend working just because they're bitter and don't want to see anyone else enjoying life.
>>
>>9572783
stoicism is a very materialist philosophy so working people like it.
>>
The Pale King - Wallace
Philip Larkin's poetry
And Then We Came To The End - Jewish guy
The Office (Dutch novel) - Dutch guy
With The Flow - J.K. Huysmans
>>
Microserfs by Douglas Coupland, although you'll only find it relatable if you work in the tech industry.
>>
>>9572800
>The Office (Dutch novel) - Dutch guy
Do you mean The Evenings (Dutch: De avonden) by Gerard Reve? If so, very good book.
>>
>>9573102
Did I say The Evenings, you fucking weirdo?
>>
>>9573108
I'm Dutch and ive never heard of a book called "The office" or "Het kantoor" which would be the Dutch translation.
who wrote it?
>>
>>9573115
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Het_Bureau
>>
Thats what bupropion is for
300mg
>>
>>9572750
Almost any because most are escapes from it and thus they deal with it.
>>
The Pale King
>>
>>9572791
>stoicism is a very materialist philosophy
Not really, they just say that obtaining preferred indifferents (material goods) should not impede virtuous pursuits, nor should they define you as a person. If a stoic should lose all of his wealth in the stock market, they should not be bothered in the least. Wealth is meaningless as far as a stoic is concerned, it is simply an indifferent that is preferable.
>>
>>9572800
>>9573131
>>9573115

I own the set. Superb books.
>>
File: something-happened.jpg (39KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
something-happened.jpg
39KB, 326x500px
>>
Post Office

if you add chronic alcoholism and mental illness to the daily grind.
>>
>>9572750
read Stirner
>>
>>9572750
Start with the Greeks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.