[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: alice.jpg (277KB, 436x648px) Image search: [Google]
alice.jpg
277KB, 436x648px
Hi /lit/, thank you for reawakening my interest in reading. You have helped me re-adopt a pursuit that I will ideally engage in for the rest of my life.

I read this book about a month and a half ago, and would like to know the community's thoughts on it, since I have never seen it mentioned here before. Apparently it is the 3rd-most quoted book after Shakespeare and the Bible, though I can't find verification for this. Comments about the author or anything else related are welcome too.

Thank you in advance.
>>
nice writing style dork
>>
>>9571412
It's a wonderful fairy-tale of rousing imagination and charm. You can always tell when someone lacks a sincere appreciation for literature when they approach the story primarily from a psychoanalytic lens, IMO. What'd you think, OP?
>>
A splendid fantasy full of character, a witty satire, and wonderfully structured. There tons of memorable witticisms as well as beautiful lines.

Dunno what the nerd said about psychoanalytic lens, but I think this and Through the Looking Glass can be read as a coming of age, Alice's response to absurdity is quite different in each novel, and the latter's metaphoric structures lends itself easily to the reading.

Regardless it is great and fun.
>>
it's the best death penalty bamboozle in existence. ten thousand chewbaccas got nothing on it.
>>
>>9571412
It's pretty entertaining, and there's nothing wrong with just that.
>>
Really fun and clever, one of the best children's books ever written.
>>
>>9571439
>>9571535
>>9571565
>>9571628
>>9571657

OP here. Sorry I haven't responded yet guys, I don't have time to tonight unfortunately. I don't know what 4chan's time limit is before archiving threads, but if this thread is still up by tomorrow afternoon, I will share my own thoughts on the book. Thank you all for your contributions regardless.
>>
>>9571818
Bump just 4 u
>>
Get Through the Looking-Glass if it wasn't in your book
>>
>>9571818
>time limit is before archiving threads
when someone starts a new thread the thread at the bottom of the catalog get sent to the archive.no one can post in an archived thread and it does not appear in the catalog. I'm not sure how long the red stay archived but otherwise content on 4chan is ephemeral.
this is a decent thread for a newfag so I'm not going to tell you to kill yourself. Just stay away from Reddit.
>>
>>9571535
i don't know if I'm anti psychoanalytic readings on principle but doing one on a this work seems retarded; the magic is in the explicitly stated logic not the subconscious one
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.