[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>self publishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>self publishing
>>
>publishing
>>
File: 1493794270157.gif (3MB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493794270157.gif
3MB, 384x480px
>>9571233
>90% of the sentences start with the subject
>about 60% start with "she"
>>
i read it all, god bless this faggot i hope he keeps writing

like mary sue dark elf chick isn't going to be turned into a film someday
>>
>>9571317
ya I do that too but only in pre-edit. I just do it when i know ill go back and rewrite and wanna get down the plot
>>
>Dre likes to sell dope
>>
>>9571351
>dark elf not getting raped
>>
>>9571450
That's a bad habit mate.
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This shit reminds me of how I used to write, holy fucking shit I am glad I stopped writing like that. You give these fags a Legend of Drizzt book and they all write like this. I wasted 600 bucks on a short story class at community college when I was there because I had to take an elective and some mongoloid wrote some shit that read like an Assassin's Creed fanfiction and the writing style reminded me so much of this. Is this a common writing style for fantasy?
>>
Even if this was written 1000x better do people actually read stuff like this? This is just narration for an RPG or something. Go play Skyrim ffs
>>
>>9571608
i need to know if Veldriss Myth can level-up her bow

there might be intra-weapon romance scenes
>>
>>9571233
>I read the whole thing
Jesus Christ. People actually enjoy reading stuff like this? The first two pages were just pointless descriptions of her outfit. That writing was horrendous and uninspired. Nearly every sentence is just telling me what this girl I don't care about is doing. And the rest are not so subtly telling me about the authors fantasy of being cucked by a dominant amazoness.

Time to go read another short story from Winesburg, Ohio to bleach this from my mind before I sit down to write for the night.
>>
>>9571652
are there dark elves in ohio
>>
>>9571233
>that paragraph

I call it the: "I only wrote 20,000 words but I want a 200 page book" style
>>
>>9571661
No but there are some qt black haired girls that are quite unruly
>>
>>9571233
I recommend you go read some of Sanderson's work (Way of Kings) and compare his prose to yours... you will immediately notice some stark differences. As a start, don't begin every other sentence with 'she', and try varying the lengths a bit more. Short is sweet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.