[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about writing a book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3057.jpg (69KB, 470x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3057.jpg
69KB, 470x960px
I have a lot of free time this summer and I'm thinking about writing a non-fiction book about the History of South Africa as a way to make a little extra cash and as a resume builder. I'm pretty knowledgeable about the subject, so I think it's totally possible. I love history, so it's not a bother. I would probably sell the book for like 5 bucks on Amazon available online only so it doesn't need to be published or anything. Obviously it would take more than a Summer to finish, but I think I could knock out a rough draft and finish it by next year easily.

Is this viable? Bad idea? Any advice from people who've done this? Zero copies sold type of deal? Any help is appreciated.
>>
>thinking about writing
>is it viable
>good or bad idea
>any advice
>how much will i sell

you'll never finish
>>
>>9565417
What kind of history book? What would you focus on?
>>
>>9565429
A narrative of the history of white settlers, primarily Boers, in South Africa. It would begin with discovery by Portugal and fast-forward to settlement by the Dutch and go on until Apartheid ends, then touch up on modern times.
>>
File: IMG_3023.jpg (77KB, 598x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3023.jpg
77KB, 598x543px
>>
>>9566001
kill the jurors, this is the most rational choice seeing as you actually have something to gain this time
>>
>>9565442
Make sure to read about 10 of the most respected books and papers on the subject matter using oxfordbibliography and jstor
>>
https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/
>>
>>9566001

Bye bye jury.
>>
>>9566187
That's how I figured I'd release it. Probably make like 20 bucks, but I could at least say I "published" a book for resume and shit.
>>
>>9566116
>>9566196

But you would be killing 12 people in front of the Judge and your lawyer. The Judge reports you and now you are on the hook for murdering 12 people.
>>
>>9567326
Actually, you could claim that you had nothing to do with it through inaction. You're safe either way
>>
>>9566001
Brainlet here, doesn't this count as duress?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.