[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: atwood1.jpg (468KB, 1006x1563px) Image search: [Google]
atwood1.jpg
468KB, 1006x1563px
What does /lit/ think of pic related?
>>
it's a book
>>
File: e96.jpg (36KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
e96.jpg
36KB, 607x608px
its shit unless you want to understand the delusional beliefs of feminists who think it is an accurate predictor of the future
>>
>>9565330
It's not a sci-fi as much as a way to write indirectly about feminism for 3rd world women
>>
>>9565330

>It's another Hunger Games tier dystopian novel

Christ, is this the only thing women can write now? What happened to your Emily Dickensons, Virginia Wolfs,Sontags, Brontes, Adlers or Rands? This is embarrassing.
>>
>>9565549
>now
it's over 30 years old
>>
>>9565330
Pretty good. People get triggered by it, but it's a good read. Very depressing though.
>>
>>9565330
Personally I disliked it. Very obvious and shallow political critique aside, the pacing of the story was trash and Offred was the most useless protagonist of all time. I did like the epilogue though, where the future historians discussed that time period. Only part that actually stuck with me.
>>
Impure bullshit.
>>
>>9565549
It's because teenage girls read and are super vocal about the little they do read. They like trash fantasy masquaraing as realistic with dystopian/post-apoc literature. The strong teenage girl bringing down the patriarchy is their fantasy.
>>
>>9565560
It's a shallow straw man of the political right which abuses shitty emotional triggers to make you invest in the story and useless protagonist.
>>
>>9565330
fertile myrtles
>>
Hackwork. It's all about the "message" which could be written on the head of a pin.
>>
>>9565330
'80s paranoia weirdly resurrected to buttress the left in its moment of absolute triumph.
>>
>>9565330
timely
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.