[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate him again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1200px-Hermann_Hesse_2.jpg (296KB, 1200x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Hermann_Hesse_2.jpg
296KB, 1200x1434px
Why do we hate him again?
>>
He writes feel good books and likes to self insert a lot "he you see, this kid was very smart WAY MORE than all the kids his age ;)"
>>
Do we? I don't

>>9564967
Isn't that essentially what you think at that age?
>>
why would anybody hate hesse
>>
>>9565016
There are those who would sell their soul for (you)s.
>>
Not Catholic enough is my guess.
>>
>>9564967
>t. literally hasn't read a single book by Hesse
When will all the faggots go already?
>>
>>9564967
>it's OP creates a retarded bait thread, realizes nobody cares and samefags a bait reply episode
kys yourself
>>
>>9565078
lol I've read under the wheel, Demian and steppenwolf, its always the same self congratulatory shit, we get it Hesse you're really "not like all the other guys xD" Dostoevsky is better to convey existential dread, way more honest
>>
>>9565095
>hasn't read his most important works for which he's praised
>presume to know or understand him to the point of making edgy generalizations
kys
>not like all the other guys
that's an integral part of any Bildungsroman, you daft cunt
>>
>>9565095
>brainlet with shit taste
>muh Dostoyevsky
Kek. Every time.
>>
>>9565114
How is Demian and Steppenwold not one of his most important works? Are you telling me that he suddenly changes his style so much in de glass bead game? Tell how I am wrong in my generalizations please "daft cunt"
>>
>>9565121
How is Hesse better than Dostoyevsky in your opinon anon? Or why is Dostoyevsky bad?
>>
>>9564940
We don't, but it's only fair to avoid him in your adult years.
Still, when it comes to literature foe teenagers he is the best in the game: if I'll ever get to have a son or a daughter, I'll certainly buy her a copy of Siddharta. I know she won't be able to learn any wrong concept, attitude and worldview from it.
>>
>>9564940
I can only assume that anyone who hates Hesse does not know German. If you can appreciate the way he uses the language, there is no way you can hate him.
>>
>>9565136
Neither of those were his points retard.
>>
>>9565136
Hesse isn't better and Dosto isn't bad. It's just an interesting trait of brainlets - to compare everything they read with some 'high-brow' "reference" work (with Dosto coming up a lot), as if literature is something one dimensional and every piece of it serves same purpose and can be assigned a number on a scale. Obsession with r8ing in charting is understandable when you're 16 and autistic, but quite pathetic otherwise. Comparing doorstoppers dealing with morality and faith and to coming-of-age novels is idiotic in the extreme.
>>
>>9565230
What are his points anon, please tell me
>>
>>9565238
But I was talking about a particular point that both authors were writing about
>>
>>9565126
>Are you telling me that he suddenly changes his style so much
Are you telling me that style is more important than substance? Did you read Crime&Punishment and skip the rest of Dosto because the style is the same? Siddhartha and N&G are arguably the best pieces of coming-of-age ever written. GBG is a masterpiece in its own right. Side note pro-tip: prose style is literally the most retarded thing to criticize about Hesse.
>>
>>9565255
With style I was refering to the things he write about and how he writes about them, that was my bad I didn't made myself clear
>>
>>9565245
You weren't, you just said "he conveys a certain feeling better". Which is subjective of course, but also strange considering that Hesse's work is one of the most beloved amongst adolescent while Dosto is every Russian high schooler's nightmare you have to endure through.
>>
>>9565259
Well, you don't argue about tastes as they say, but 'hating Hesse' is pretty retarded. He's an absolute master in his field.
>>
glass bead game is so far above everything else he wrote
>>
>>9565263
Well then I don't have many arguments for not liking him really, I actually loved Demian when I was younger but when I tried reading steppenwolf later in life it felt so melodramatic and fake, I couldn't finish it, also I feel like the reason to why I liked Demian so much is because of that self insert quality that it has, on how much you can see yourself in Sinclair but in the end is just a feel good story (or that how I see it now), I was projecting, its fine if you guys still like Hesse
>>
>>9565095
>All Hesse is trying to do is convey existential dread

Damn...
>>
>>9565288
why?
>>
>>9565242
that you're an idiot. you would have realized this if you werent an idiot.
>>
>>9565555
Don't bump, faggot, it's a slow board. Also everything there is to say on topic has been said.
>>
>>9565083
That post wasn't made by me and this isn't a bait thread. A lot of people on /lit/ consider Hesse lowbrow or just outright bad for no particular reason, for example the thread about the new 2017 chart:
>>9549008
>>9546396
>>9545682
>>
>>9565615
>quoting ""top 100 chart"" thread
>quoting autistic contrarian teenagers
>quoting people that think Murakami and Salinger are great literature
>quoting people that don't know who Pasternak is and dismiss Bulgakov
Why are you bothered by opinions of idiots and people pretending to be idiots? This is 4chan get a grip and just filter all this underage shit.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.