[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: most /lit/ dictators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: Antonio_Salazar-1.jpg (374KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Antonio_Salazar-1.jpg
374KB, 1195x1600px
ITT: most /lit/ dictators
>>
Drumpf
>>
File: GOD.jpg (216KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
GOD.jpg
216KB, 960x640px
>>
>>9564698

> CHRUMPFFE
>>
>>9564686
Xi Jinping
>>
>>9564717
fpbp
>>
File: César_(13667960455).jpg (180KB, 800x1216px) Image search: [Google]
César_(13667960455).jpg
180KB, 800x1216px
>>
File: wtf_i_love_china_now.jpg (64KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_i_love_china_now.jpg
64KB, 780x438px
>>9564717
In Xi’s two-hour talk, Guancha reports, the president reminisced about his youth, and how much he loved Hemingway’s The Old Man and the Sea. On his first visit to Cuba, he specifically visited the locale where Hemingway wrote that novel, and on his second visit, he went to a bar Hemingway frequented and “ordered Hemingway’s favorite drink — rum with mint leaves and ice cubes”. We suspect he may have been referring to a Mojito. The report continued with the the lengthy reading list Xi had disclosed previously:

“…Krylov, Pushkin, Gogol, Lermontov, Turgenev, Dostoyevsky, Nekrasov, Chernyshevsky, Tolstoy, Chekhov, Sholokhov, Montesquieu, Voltaire, Rousseau, Diderot, Saint-Simon, Fourier, Sartre, Montaigne, La Fontaine, Molière, Stendhal, Balzac, Hugo, Alexandre Dumas, George Sand, Flaubert, Alexandre Dumas (fils), Maupassant, and Romain Rolland… ‘Not to exaggerate, I read all the classic literary works I could find at that time’.”

With his stunning litany of high-brow European tastes, Xi also recalled reading The Red and the Black and War and Peace, and confessed that he likes Pushkin’s love poems and Lermontov’s A Hero of Our Time, and preferred Tolstoy over Dostoyevsky. He said he was overwhelmed by Hugo’s Les Misérables and Ninety-Three, and was a fan of Cézanne and Degas.

New additions to his list of authors include Byron, Shelley, George Bernard Shaw, Dickens, Goethe, Schiller, Heinrich Heine, Walt Whitman, Mark Twain, and Jack London. Xi, evidently, reads rather a lot.
>>
>>9564776
>preferred Tolstoy over Dostoyevsky

typical souless chink
>>
>>9564782
To be fair, Dostoevsky was really inconsistent. Brothers K had great peaks but terrible lows. Could have been easily cut down to 400 pages.
>>
File: IMG_2643.jpg (89KB, 640x885px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2643.jpg
89KB, 640x885px
>Ayatollah Khomeini is said to have been inspired by the Platonic vision of the philosopher king while in Qum in the 1920s when he became interested in Islamic mysticism and Plato's Republic. As such, it has been speculated that he was inspired by Plato's philosopher king, and subsequently based elements of his Islamic republic on it, despite being a republic and deposing the former Pahlavi dynasty[3]
>>
>>9564717
gesundheit
>>
>>9564811
that's pretty cool
>>
>>9564686
He doesn't even know how to hold a book.
>>
>>9564792
well, he died before he finished it. probably meant to edit it a wee bit as well

a real shame. could have surpassed war and peace
>>
>>9564813
And people say I'm crazy when I say that.
>>
>>9564782
>muh deep dosty soul

fuck off, Tolstoy is far superior to Dostoevsky
>>
>>9564776
Sounds exactly like Kim Jong-il's golf game. I'm not certain I believe it entirely.
>>
File: ayyyyy.png (236KB, 595x528px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyy.png
236KB, 595x528px
>>9564776
He clearly has not read Marx.
>>
>>9564759
>tfw to smart for corn
>>
Mussolini did write a dirty novel.
>>
>>9564776
Doesn't seem like it matters one bit, he became a nice little technocrat anyways and the arts aren't exactly flourishing in China
>>
>>9564931
Can you think of any more examples like that? Well-read guys who ended up selling out or at least doing things seemingly contradictory to their earlier selves?

I'm thinking of Obama and his praise for T.S. Eliot going against the liberal bourgeois.
>>
>>9564931
Very ignorant statement of yours. I assume you feel very smart for spouting such a general and unindividual opinion (China is lead by technocrats, arts are kill)
>>
File: joe.jpg (186KB, 1200x1737px) Image search: [Google]
joe.jpg
186KB, 1200x1737px
stalin was a poet in his youth and was well read af
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.