[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think you have to be smart to come up with good stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: brainlet.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.png
10KB, 645x773px
Do you think you have to be smart to come up with good stories?

t. brainlet
>>
>>9564029
You need to be skilled not "smart." Intelligence doesn't get you very far in many endeavors, let alone writing.
>>
>>9564034
Thanks for contributing idiocy liberal arts moron.

Go read about intelligence & come back with an argument against it.
>>
>>9564043
This is probably the stupidest post of the year, including poltardianism and underage memes.
>>
No, OP, I am extremely intelligent but my stories are bad.
>>
>>9564043
He's not wrong you oaf. Standard formulas exist for creating stories. The details, overarching themes, and what they say about us now are what make them good. 'Good' was OP's qualifier. It is certainly possible to make a saleable story or screenplay with only a moderate intelligence.
>>
No, not really. You have to be imaginative, skillful and you need to have an eye for detail
>>
The stupid man that walks goes farther than the intelligent man that just sits on his ass.

Intelligence is not a thing to be possessed, it's something that only exists as it is employed. Perhaps you are not as stupid as you think you are, you are just sitting.
>>
File: 1427993819795.png (254KB, 631x395px) Image search: [Google]
1427993819795.png
254KB, 631x395px
>>9564066
Thanks Anon that unironically really made me think.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 576x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 576x440px
>>9564045 #
Go ahead and ignore evidence for general intelligence. You just sound uninformed, tossing away your credibility.

>>9564053 #
You're smart & you haven't. You think it works that way, but like any armchair analyst, you haven't gone into the arena and gotten curb stomped by reality yet.
>>
Good stories aren't hard to come up with. It's the execution that's hard. You know, the actual writing.
>>
>>9564112
My guess is that you're getting your internal emotions mixed up with your idea of your stories. I guarantee they're not good.
>>
>>9564119
Good thing we're not talking about me or my story ideas. Not everything is personal my man.
>>
>>9564139
>not everything is personal
Can you elaborate, my man?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.