[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So...uh...we gonna make a litchan or what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: 1425474754846.jpg (9KB, 322x321px) Image search: [Google]
1425474754846.jpg
9KB, 322x321px
So...uh...we gonna make a litchan or what?
>>
>making things
gay
>>
>>9563968
/lit/ is too slow and empty to survive on its own
>>
>>9563968
first post worst post
>>
>>9563985
the idea is that it will comprise of various SFW educational/creativity boards with enforced semi-anonymity. it wouldn't be limited to just /lit/
>>
>>9564001
I would love that
>>
>>9564001
Ew
>>
a 4chan only for literature!

It will be so fun! DFW, the greeks, the bible and maybe Ayn Rand! SO FUN!
>>
>>9564013
see
>>9564001
>>
>>9564001
For what purpose
>>
>patrichan
>>
>>9564017
Yes, of course! It will be like that.

And there will be girls that will show her boobs and god will tell us to write the bible!
>>
>>9564042
no it'll be sfw

dumb cunt
>>
>>9564044
>chan
>sfw

your fantasy world is lovely
>>
Did hiroshimoot announce 4chan's imminent demise or something
>>
>>9564001
so, you want an IRC channel. there's a /lit/ on rizon. extremely unsuccessful. you fuckers couldn't establish jack shit. i've tried, and i've been a great seed, able to bring women to any channel, the essential building block of any society, especially channels. No amount of incentive is going to attract women to a room with two guys and a dog talking about Ezra Pound
>>
>>9564067
Well what else is the dog supposed to discuss? Name a book other than The Cantos that has sections written in dog language.
>>
>>9564044
fucking SFWs, first the campuses now this
>>
>>9564067
No, imageboards are a great format. IRC a shit. Forums a shit. Reddit a shit.

Many people would like to not be tethered to a bunch of a retards, that's all.

Do you have money invested in 4chan?
>>
>>9564001
anon.yes
>>
>>9564115
not him, I don't see any advantage in this format
>>
>>9564001
fit board or riot
>>
>>9564129
It's pure content without unecessary fillers. Reddit puts too much emphasis on top posts and its replies. It's annoying to navigate and an eyesore. On regular forums half the page are user avatars and their cringey signatures. Waste of space.

Imageboards allow for quick and easy discussion and the catalog and replies that moot added before he left made it undistupitably the best way to discuss on the internet, imo. Only problem is that this site is attached to a retarded culture (/b/, /pol/) and could use randomly generated tripcodes to see who is consistently shitting up a thread.
>>
>>9564142
Plato was a wrestler. Of course we'd have a /fit/ and /sp/.
>>
>>9564161
Your ideological purism would sink "litchan", currently /lit/ blames all of our problems on /pol/, they serve as a scapegoat, remove that and we would consume our own like Reddit.
>>
>>9564172
>/lit/ blames all of our problems on /pol/, they serve as a scapegoat
You have to be blind to not see the amount of retarded pol shitposting and pol-style contrarian polemics under the guise of literary/philosophical discussion.
>>
>>9564180
And I'm sure the original inhabitance of /lit/ are disappointed with the amount of anti-religious vitriol you Marxists post, yet we don't see them complaining about immigration because they aren't hypocrites like yourself.

I thought you liked open boarders?
>>
>>9564031
patrichan org is available for 14.99
>>
>>9564172
>>9564194
Look, the problem with /pol/ on /lit/ is that they simply do not read and do not make even an effort to pretend like they read.

They're just bored and wander off to /lit/ and make threads which add up only to "Tell me there are right-wing authors before I go back to my home board."
>>
/phil/
/lit/
/his/
/sci/ ?
>>
>>9564115
i love IRC. you're just doing it wrong.
No, I have no money in 4chan, I just think the dynamic here is hardly one to bitch about. at least there are people here.
>>9564079
you're my new friend.
>>
>>9564067
>Women
Only intellectuals should be allowed
>>
>>9564194
>literally autistic poltardian hurrdurr in reply to a post complaining about poltards
like pottery
/lit/ has been a religion-friendly board way before your contrarian redditard shithole decided that "religion is le epic based traditionalism", newfriend
>>
>>9564216
/art/
/tv/ (for the purpose of shows with artistic merit, not mass entertainment)
>>
>>9564216
/fit/
>>
>>9564219
But you just said the irc was shit... The thing about 4chan is that it very often attracts intellilgent posters but they never stay.
>>
>>9564215
oh, so that's why you want your own chan. well, be my guest, let political fervor distract you. there are plenty who sift through for the DFW nuggets./pol/ will be /pol/, and the post here >>9564180
really sums it all up. you're falling into the muh safe space trap. my suggestion to you is to entreat the mods to do their job here. just don't come crying when philosophical discussions get zapped out of existence.
>>
>>9564215
And you think left-/lit/ reads? our philosophy last several posts, all discussing French theory, yesterday the neoreactionaries and accelerationists had three high quality threads on the front page.
>>
>>9564237
anything patrician so we can fill our elitist egos
>>
>>9564239
yeah, that lit channel was unsuccessful because the board it feeds on is bereft of people able to carry on a long term conversation. IRC is spectacular. and superior to most, if not all formats on the web. so pliable. IRC is not the problem. /lit/izens are.
>>
>>9564246
>three high quality threads
One was literally lefties/righties/BASED EBOLA autism, the other devolved into high-school drop-outs discussing evolutionary science, third was memes on memes. Maybe it's high quality by pol standards, but I'm pretty sure /lit/ has better threads every once in a while.
>>
>>9564255
>>9564239
>>9564263
Hilarious, It's like every private IRC channel ever, there's always that one fresher who thinks high quality discussion can be maintained on a per-message basis.
>>
File: gass.png (249KB, 353x429px) Image search: [Google]
gass.png
249KB, 353x429px
https://discordapp.com/invite/mqh4tKE

inb4 hotpockets gets buttmad again and deletes this post while leaving blatantly baiting shit untouched
>>
>>9564243
I'm literally not falling for the safe space trap. I've read a lot of "right-wing" authors (although I personally resent the left/right dichotomy). I just think we could be more demanding and elitist, but we're dragged down by a lot of crap boards, not just /pol/...any of the weeb boards need to go.

>>9564255
Well, I honestly think using IRC is a bit of a pain in the ass. By all means, show me the light.

>>9564246
Land is stupid. He's a meth head who can't remember what he writes.
>>
>>9564282
>discord
>>
>>9564272
you simply have never existed in a fully fledged IRC channel. i pity you. but, i digress. this thread is futile. there is already a board. already an established group of literature interested people.
>>
File: lit.png (47KB, 912x528px) Image search: [Google]
lit.png
47KB, 912x528px
reposting this just to show my solidarity with the concept,

please reply with suggestions for the next iteration of the banner and I will endeavor to incorporate them in a second draft due tomorrow AEST as I need to nap off all the broccoli I just ate for a midnight snack.

Goodnight friends, I will dream of you.
>>
>>9564294
>you simply have never existed in a fully fledged IRC channel
t. rizon weeb
>>
>>9564284
oh my gorsh. you want it all to be shaven off? well fuck you. you don't like this place? leave. you'd be a shitty member to any channel i frequen on IRC so you're on your own there. i will assure you, though, IRC is incredibly simple. you have to press enter after you shit on the screen instead of play find the vehicle.
>>
File: 4925778-3x2-940x627.jpg (78KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
4925778-3x2-940x627.jpg
78KB, 940x627px
>>9564297
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>9564299
>implying rizon isn't one of the best
i bet you only go to undernet, you grisly faggot.
>>
>>9564297
Nice solidarity but your pic is retarded. The whole point is to get away from an e-culture that condones lazy meme posting.
>>
>>9564304
Again, you're not helping your case.
>>
>>9564312
>my case
you've already shown yourself as a whiny little bitch who wants animefags obliterated. you can't just leave shit alone. no one is going to follow you anywhere.
>muh /pol/ is ruining /lit/
good luck with your quest for pure literature discussion.
>>
>ITT: Newfie's
There's already several different litchan's.
>>
>>9564031
it must be this, if its made
the opportunity cannot go to waste
>>
>>9564304
>play find the vehicle
>not using legacy
ultra pleb
>>
>>9564366
well, i do, but it was a theatrical comment, a joke, one might say.
>>
the rizon lit irc was busy in 2012-14 but nobody has been using it since then, really. It died a slow death, culminating in the beginning of tinychat rooms which lasted about a year and a half before the drifted too and resulted in discord rooms being established.

This is all beside the point however; they are vastly different formats to an imageboard. You can't really carry on multiple conversations about different topics with thought-out responses in any sort of chatroom, but the persistent, multi-thread nature of imageboards does allow for it.

Not to say such a board would survive long, but "hurrr irc better" "no discord more gooder" is irrelevant.
>>
Why is there a need to make one in the first place? It's not like /lit/ will get shut down anytime soon.
>>
>>9564284
>I just think we could be more demanding and elitist, but we're dragged down by a lot of crap boards, not just /pol/
m8, i'm a demanding elitist and your board would be a cacophonous echo chamber of babbies who spout shit they've been spoonfed. there's nothing wrong with /lit/ except that you spend too much time on it instead of books. if you can't cope with crossboarders, you'll fucking kill yourself if you ever meet a competent editor or critic. learn to paper a motherfucker or go play vidya.
>>
>>9564318
Anime posting is terrible and no one uses IRC except install gentoo fags.
>>
>>9564470
yeah, ok, hiro

your site sucks
>>
>that guy who thinks he's just gonna up and make a new chan and people will use it
I'm sure THIS time will be different.
>>
>>9564805
>he's this desperate for japmoot to recognise him
you know he trips and responds to people more than moot right? just go over to /qa/ and you can pretend you're at the big boy table with the real owner
>>
No reason to.
>>
>>9564284
>any of the weeb boards need to go
>4chan
You need to go, fucking hell, what goes wrong in a leftist's brain to make them so blindingly destructive to every environment they enter?
>>
>>9564846
> anyone who hates my girly manchild cartoon reaction images is a leftist!

im praying for you
>>
>>9564846
>leftists cannot love cute girls doing cute things
It's like you think we're not a bunch of paedophiles or something.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.