[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good books about nature.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: wolfee.jpg (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
wolfee.jpg
1MB, 1200x900px
Just saw this neat video on Everglades National Park and it got me peaked my interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPrPtCns5Lc
Anybody got any good novels that havr nature as one of its central themes?
>>
Nature and wilderness books aren't something that have lent themselves to a fundamental work in the genre, in the way romance literature has Stendhal, or how science fiction has Dune.

The suggestions you may get will be adequate, but I recommend getting out of the genre as soon as possible, though the idea of nature literature is great.
>>
The descriptions in Heart of Darkness are really good.
>>
>>9563220
As a particular example of the issues I addressed in my first post, that posts like >>9563220 can be considered earnest and decent suggestions, even though they only touch the major themes of nature writing tangentially, shows that the nature genre of books is lacking substantially.

I could actually recommend about 20 classic works that I compiled 2 years ago, but this is a relatively low energy thread, and spoon-feeding is bad, mkay.
>>
File: 28458._UY475_SS475_.jpg (34KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
28458._UY475_SS475_.jpg
34KB, 475x475px
>>9563068
Apparently this is top tier
>>
so i mean, do any of you faggots have anything good to recommend in the thread?
>>
>>956306
Besides Walden Thoreau also wrote a sort of journal about traveling through old school backcountry america. Would reccomend
>>
>>9563284
>20 classic works that I compiled 2 years ago,
Just do it faggot
>>
the fishing section in The Sun Also Rises is top-tier comfy outdoors. It inspired me to plan a fishing trip with mon negre this summer!
>>
>>9563068
Read Jack London
>>
>>9563344
Nah, fuck this board.

The only environmentalist that I have partiality for is John Nolt of U10SE, who I've corresponded with. Unfortunately, I think of even him as an impotent druid. Sad life.

I'm going back to wasting my time on LoL until I drift onto something better to do.
>>
>>9563220
>>9563293
>>9563340
>>9563350
>>9563355
God, are you guys even listening to yourselves? Do any of these works sound fundamental to the locus of nature writing? Are any of the mentioned writers monumental minds that will echo through the ages with utmost distinction? The answer is no. Find the source.
>>
>>9563381
i suggest looking for the source of your faggotry, fucking retard. I genuinely hope you kill yourself right now. nobody enjoys being around you, and you will never create anything that persists after your death. it's time to give up.
>>
>>9563381
> Are any of the mentioned writers monumental minds that will echo through the ages with utmost distinction?

Yes you fucking moron Thoreau already has.
>>
>>9563391
>muh walden is good

walden is okay but not great. it's just a standard work since nothing better's come up. if you take into consideration what nature writing could be--consider the possibility of a walden taken to a melvillian scale--then it becomes overwhelmingly apparent that walden is merely step one to something greater than itself.

>>9563390
thanks. i get that a lot in lol. but y'see, i'm usually only a faggot as it would befit the locals.
>>
>>9563068

That's a super comfy video anon...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.