[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was William Blake schizophrenic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 24777906932_3643c3c776_b.jpg (710KB, 841x1024px) Image search: [Google]
24777906932_3643c3c776_b.jpg
710KB, 841x1024px
Was William Blake schizophrenic?
>>
Yes, probably
>>
No, probably
>>
Maybe, probably
>>
Mayhaps
>>
>>9560016
Yes. His art has that vibe of someone who discerns the horror under ordinary images. He's very good at expressing the terror in merely existing.
>>
>>9560016
I don't know, probably
>>
Probacirclejerkly.
>>
Most great artists would be diagnosed with some serious mental illness.
Carl Jung claimed Joyce was schizophrenic like his daughter (who was his patient).
>>
Schizofrenia is a spook.
>>
>>9560958
Jung was a brilliant guy but schizophrenia was barely understood back then.
>>
>>9560967
Mental illness is a spook.

Now, we have a wide range of people who act in different behaviors. Some act very similar in behavior and the behavior they act is negative to their well being and the well being of society. We will categorize them and treat them by category so as to help with their mental health and the health of society.
>>
>>9560016
He had a bicameral mind, so yes.
>>
why do you draw that conclusion? do you even know what schizophrenia is?

(implying this isnt your remedial english high school assignment)
>>
>>9561001
t. somebody who has never met somebody with schizophrenia

its a thought disorder, how can you say that all the symptoms are behavioural when they might be thought blocking or hearing voices, which they tell nobody about?
>>
>>9561001
go to bed Foucault, you're drunk
>>
>>9561616
>>9561635
I was making a point that the concept of mental illness makes sense, and calling it a spook is being retarded.
>>
Blake was ahead of his time throwing hipster drawings in his sketchbook despite it being the 1800s and neither weed nor boutique coffee shops existing
>>
>>9561664
>incredibly detailed and anatomically well-done line drawing of mythological figures
>quotes from the Bible, pieces of Hebrew, bits of poetry and Kabalistic mysticism arranged around it
>"Hipster drawing"
>>
Wasn't Blake quite conservative later in life? I know he abandoned unconventional sexual practices.
>>
File: blake's America.jpg (568KB, 1103x1600px) Image search: [Google]
blake's America.jpg
568KB, 1103x1600px
>>9560016
Nah, just a Gnostic/occultist. He saw things a lot more clearly than the supposedly sane and normal.
>>
>>9561786
Fuck off with your -isms rethoric and trashy concepts
>>
>>9561786
Nah. He became more pessimistic, and stopped wearing the Bonnet Rouge after being disillusioned by Robespierre's actions in the FR, but retained his hatred for hierarchy and imposed order as represented by Urizen. The biggest difference is his perspective shifted from strict dualism (Marriage of Heaven and Hell) to a "fourfold vision" with more possibilities/ambiguities.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.