[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here read this book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 71c5xWv-fkL.jpg (170KB, 1298x2380px) Image search: [Google]
71c5xWv-fkL.jpg
170KB, 1298x2380px
anyone here read this book?
>>
most people here i would imagine
>>
Yes

Great to read both in short bursts while sitting on the toilet and in long stretches during a roadtrip.
>>
I read most of it

Never finished up the last couple chapters because I really lost interest towards the end of the thing
>>
>>9557251
Ye yeah read the whole series. What you need senpai?
>>
I read it once, then I tried reading it again and got like half way then stopped.
>>
>>9557285
How am I supposed to read it? Each page has 5 new names I've never seen before, without going into any detail what it actually is.
>>
>>9557300
Honestly the first book throws a lot of shit at you. A lot of characters. Just use the dictionary in the back. Remember that this book is actually setting up the 5 next books to come. They all get easier. Dune #1 I'd say is really boring until shit hits the fan and Paul gets into the desert. Just go with it. By halfway through the book you will be past the boring bits and millions of different characters and it focuses on a smaller group that's easier to keep track of. Like with every book Just keep reading senpai.
>>
>>9557251
yes I have
>>
>>9557251
this is literally the book i have started and stopped reading the most number of times. I don't know why but every time a few chapters in I just drop it. I've started it at least 10 times because everyone said it's some kind of classic but never can finish it for some reason
>>
>>9557251
What is it about?
>inb4 google it
You're better than google
>>
>>9558096
it's a cool story....just really badly written, and the characters come off as edgy tweens throughout it.

Watching the film depictions of it probably is the best way to absorb it.
>>
>>9558106

dune: dynastics on a drug plantation
dune series: history of a planet
>>
>>9558118
Wow, generic
>>
>>9558128

its one of those cornerstone texts anon, it broke ground
>>
>>9557251
My fav book desu
>>
>>9558096
Just get to when Pauls family get murdered then ur Goodman
>>
>>9557251
trash. its a long tedious read, garbage prose too
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.