[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend me something similiar to House of Leaves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Can anyone recommend me something similiar to House of Leaves?
>>
>>9556122
the familiar.
>>
>>9556136
Does it contain horror elements?
>>
File: 3QZMe.jpg (199KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
3QZMe.jpg
199KB, 500x433px
>>9556122
yep
>>
>>9556136
how are the rest in the series? does the concept warrant a full 27 books?
>>
>>9556340
Can I have a quick rundown on this and why should I read it?
>>
>>9557005
"Necronomicon for the 21C?"

It's sort of like Negarestani's worldview as a continental philosopher combined with a big postmodern horror novel. RN's view on things is ultra-dark, but if you like reading outer-fringe continental stuff you might find it a kind of enjoyable darkness, because he's a really smart dude with things to say.

The best way to get a sense of what it's actually about would be to browse through this. It's a bunch of academics, intellectuals and other guys writing essays about it. If this kind of writing or ideas interests you, you might go ahead and read the thing itself. I read the book a couple of years ago and found it a struggle, much harder than HoL. But this was just as thought-provoking in a way, maybe even moreso.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=wt2gAclC27EC&pg=PA27&lpg=PA27&dq=nick+land+humanity+oil&source=bl&ots=j84mMjrkuM&sig=b8vZGbys3fSmuU8Ee1vazO5C08U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKueaM9I3UAhUBExQKHfYoBSoQ6AEIUTAI#v=onepage&q=nick%20land%20humanity%20oil&f=false
>>
130 pages in and I've had to put reading this novel on indefinite hold. It's just so tedious and gimmicky. I really wouldn't mind the Navidson plot if it was just written straight. I really think if this book were published today it would be filled with emoji.
>>
>>9557382
Having read the whole thing I can honestly say there are many parts you can skip, and it gets worse as the story progresses unfortunately.
>>
>>9557389
Does the Traunt plot move past descriptions of one night stands? Had to really speed read through that trash.
>>
>>9556926
The concept doesn't even warrant 1 full book.
>>
>>9557382

The only good part is the spooky house story, the rest is tryhard YA tier.
>>
>>9556340
Cyclonopedia is basically Nick Land fanfiction, he desperately tried to reaction the same style and fails.
>>
>>9557840
Does it describe the world Nick Land preaches about?
>>
>>9557877
Not really, Its mostly just a continuation of CCRU, but instead of Caycian Atlantis it goes with a Islamic aesthetic.
>>
>>9557891
>Islamic aesthetic
doesn't sound very inviting
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.