[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books would you recommend for a fan of Pathologic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: pathologicvidya.jpg (47KB, 701x438px) Image search: [Google]
pathologicvidya.jpg
47KB, 701x438px
What books would you recommend for a fan of Pathologic?
>>
>>9555507
I have actually never played the game but I guess you can't go wrong with Roadside Picnic.
>>
Bumping. Got the game on a steam sale. Seems legit but I never played it before.
>>
>>9555546
You gotta give it a go. Its a bit stressful and quite slow paced, but very original and well written.
>>
Ligotti has a very similar atmosphere and tone.
>>
Platonov's Foundation Pit maybe because of how closely the struggle in the book represents trying to play this game
>>
>>9555507
Lovecraft I suppose?
also: http://forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14863
>>
Twenty Days of Turin
>>
Start with the russians.
>>
>>9556164
How good is this btw? It seems interesting.
>>
listen to bonus rpk
>>
Dostoevsky's novels have a similar feeling to it
>>
Mircea Eliade, Johan Huizinga, Thornton Niven Wilder, probably good choice to you, if you really like Pathologic
>>
>>
File: plague.jpg (38KB, 322x499px) Image search: [Google]
plague.jpg
38KB, 322x499px
>>9555507
>>
the road
swan song
>>
>>9556631
epic
>>9555932
>>>9555507 (OP) (You)
>Lovecraft I suppose?
>also: http://forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14863
>>
>>9556180
It's very interesting and quite eerie. I'd recommend reading a little about the Years of Lead beforehand to really frame up the story.
>>
This >>9557038
and some Ruski shit, all have the same sort of atmosphere to me. Just look for some flowcharts on the wiki or something.
Also great game, one of the few that I've ever managed to enjoy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.