[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nietzsche and his philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: nicze.jpg (14KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
nicze.jpg
14KB, 220x298px
Can I understand his books and his philosophy if I never touched anything related to philosophy? I think I might be too stupid and I am afraid of trying reading.
>>
>>9555294
No, you can't.
>Hurr Durr can I understand non-euclidean geometry if I never learned long division?
Nietzsche mainly critiques others, if you don't even know what he's critiquing why would you read him?
>>
>>9555305
so what or who am I suppose to read before reading nietsche
>>
>>9555305
check the catalogue
>>
>>9555294
What made you want to read Nietzsche if you don't read philosophy? Because there are multiple threads like this all the time and I'm starting to think it's all just one big unfunny forced meme.
>>
>>9555352
brief description of nihilism seemed very interesting to me. Overall philosophy is interesting topic to me but it looks like getting into it is very very hard
>>
>>9555361
>nihilism
oh, so you're one of those people...
>>
>>9555361
Nietzsche hated nihilism. One of his only positive projects was an attempt to overcome nihilism. Nietzsche would also be the first to say that philosophy isn't for everyone.
>>
>>9555369
>>9555379
Well now you know why I want to read him. I know nothing about him or philosophy that's why I even posted this thread.
>>
>>9555294
Bumpb
>>
>>9555294
No, start with Hegel.
>>
>>9555309
He's a philologist of the Greeks who can't shut up about the Greeks, so maybe you could start with the...
>>
>>9555361
>nietzsche was a nihilist
Not this meme again

Look, you have nothing to lose by reading him. Pick up a copy of Beyond Good and Evil or The Will to Power and read them for a bit. Be completely honest with yourself about if you feel that you're understanding or getting anything out of it. If not, start with the basic of philosophy. If so, keep reading and occasionally come here to share your views and compare them to the interpretations of others. Not that hard.

I would however really recommend doing some basic research into the philosophical and societal shifts occurring in the West around the time of the era of enlightenment and industrial revolution. You really need to get some grasp on that before you can actually understand a statement like "god is dead," which must be one of the most misinterpreted quotes in history
>>
>>9555309
>>9555294
Start with the Greeks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.