[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth It?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Underworld.jpg (19KB, 300x431px) Image search: [Google]
Underworld.jpg
19KB, 300x431px
The ultimate question, will reading this book add in the slightest in a meaningful way to my life? Would I be much better served by reading something else or should I continue sticking it out.
>>
Sure. He's a talented writer writing about a complicated time (Cold War). What's the worst it could do?

That said, I've only read Libra and White Noise. I enjoyed both immensely. Learned more from the former than the latter, tho.
>>
>>9554174
How the fuck was underworld about the Cold War?
>>
>>9554163
No delilo is shit. His only good book is white noise and maybe libra
>>
>>9554174
>asks the ultimate question
>waits for the ultimate response
>"Sure."

Good Job.
>>
>>9554197
Idk I haven't read it that's just what a nigga heard ya dig
>>
DeLillo is a typical boomer cuck: worships blacks, idolizes jews like Lenny Bruce, and he has in turn received good goy points and heavy promotion by the jewish literary/publishing establishment that believes it has carte blanche to direct white cultural endeavors in its interests. Underworld isn't a very good book, but it is the prototype of what jews want 100+ IQ goyim to spend their time reading.
>>
>>9554201
No, white noise was not good
>>
>>9554163
read the first chapter and move on. everything after is a complete disappointment with overwrought prose. see:

>https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2001/07/a-readers-manifesto/302270/

for an in-depth polemic against his habits
>>
>>9554304
Wow that's a lot of buzzwords. When's the last time you had an original thought?
>>
>>9554304
But he's one of Bloom's 4 best current writers. Did I get memed? Is all postmodern /lit/ designed to destroy my people?
>>
I hate to be a part of the echo chamber, aside from the idiot post about jews, but Delillo just isn't that good. There are so many better door stoppers, I mean, it's definitely better than Infinite Jest but that doesn't mean anything. Mao II was a decent book but he's kind of America's Murakami.
>>
>>9554325
Are you really quoting that article? I keep going back to it again and again from time to time just to make myself feel better than that pleb and his shit argument.
>>
>>9554331
Bloom's a gatekeeper kike, too. Yes, they obviously manage the publishing field in their interests, and don't let their little minions like this >>9554329 oven-bound bitch convince you otherwise. Not all postmodern fiction is bad, but DeLillo is the cuck king of it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.