[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Bible so hard to read/understand ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1242.png (60KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1242.png
60KB, 208x206px
Why is the Bible so hard to read/understand ?
>>
which bible
>>
>>9553551
Ok so I just went to a history museum today in Iceland and now i'm interested in the Bibble and christian history works
>>
>>9553555
KJV
>>
>>9553551
>>9553571

KJV was deliberately written with as simple vocabulary and syntax as possible to be accessible to literal plebs.
>>
how the fuck is the bible hard to understand? Are you all retarded?
>>
>>9553656
>how is it hard to understand
>people have been killing each other over the meaning of passages for two thousand years
Okay pseud.
>>
>>9553708
i bet you can't even read 1000 pages a day
>>
Because it's full of references to 3000 year old geography and cultures and is a literary adaptation of a colloquially developed religion. Get an annotated, modern English version to read alongside the KJV. Accept that there are going to be contradictions due to the limits of spoken language (lack of abstract concepts and having to anthropomorphize God in order to make him understandable, for example) and that, as you read, you are also reading about the development of the religion and culture itself.

Also, skip the New Testament.
>>
>>9553775
>Also, skip the New Testament.
Also, skip TO the New Testament, you mean
>>
>>9553775
Found the Jew.
>>
>>9553775

Mild kek.
>>
>>9553551
Pray and ask God to give you understanding of His Word. Ask for Him to give you insight and revelation as you read His Word. Thank Him for it. Praise Him for His Word. He will give you understanding if you ask in faith.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.