[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the worst book you've ever read, and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (444KB, 1331x1199px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
444KB, 1331x1199px
What is the worst book you've ever read, and why?
>>
>>9552414
Some Danish fantasy novel. Amazingly generic, only read it for school
>>
>>9552414
JANE EYRE
>>
Infinite Jest or Broom of the System. Or Celine in english translation
>>
Infinite Jest because it was too long, and unnecessarily complex at times.
>>
>>9552414
Sabbath's Theatre. Never has transgressive literature been so dull and garrulous.
>>
Infinite Jest
>>
>>9552436
Wow, you read two DFWs?
>>
File: Temple_novel.jpg (56KB, 370x550px) Image search: [Google]
Temple_novel.jpg
56KB, 370x550px
I gave up on books of this genre a long time ago.
>>
Probably L'amant from Marguerite Duras. Never read a book that bland and boring
>>
your diary desu
>>
Dan Brown.
I hate myself.
>>
>>9552460
haha this
>>
it's not the worst of all time, but sartre's nausea was the only book i've ever dropped halfway through.
>>
>>9552460
yes!!! my nigga
>>
>>9552414
Reading it at the moment. It's called the man in the fith row.
First book i read that i was really annoyed with. Reading it for a literary bookclub.
Second book were discussing there, first was a nice read, this is just horrible.

The author seems to be trying to compensate their lack of literary talant with her own ideas and insights. She swamps you at the beginning, every small paragraph is finished with a deep fucking thought. It's hit and miss. Damn i'm mad, i'm looking forward to crush this at the meeting.

One question, i haven't read that much, other there have read tons, how can't they see that this is plain poison?
>>
Reading Stand in Zanzibar and it's really fucking irritating, the thought of finishing it makes me want to scream
>>
>>9552414
WHY must you torture me with the jezerbells, they got such large tits. I'm trying to be absent and can't touch my cock anymore. Devil stuff, you know what I mean. Lets just keep talking about books and not posting human bodies. I don't want to get tempted into showering and making an okcupid profile.
>>
>>9552533
>okcupid profile
Oh god anon no don't do it. It's not worth it.
>>
>>9552414
The sound and the fury. My teacher made us use a permanent marker to black out every single use of the word nigger because they were new copies for our year.
>>
>>9552414
Island by Aldous Huxley
>>
>>9552557
Nice pasta.
>>
File: horrorstor.jpg (29KB, 260x307px) Image search: [Google]
horrorstor.jpg
29KB, 260x307px
Horrorstor. Short ghost horror novel set in an Ikea rip off. Concept sounded fun, thought it would make a good distraction between more serious works.

It was fucking shite. Poorly written, uninteresting characters, standard horror fare that just wasn't scary or fun. Blurb described it as a horror comedy, it was just bad horror.

Shite.
>>
File: chvkem.png (753KB, 799x885px) Image search: [Google]
chvkem.png
753KB, 799x885px
>>9552414
The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury. Too dated and entirely predictable and just a slog to get through. Never like Fahrenheit 451 but absolutely loathed him after IM
>>
>>9552414

The last truly terrible book I read was the Wise Man's Fear. Such a pity to see an interesting setting be used for such outright masturbation.

I've read worse, but I also forget about the bad ones pretty quickly.
>>
>>9552428
why u hate Jane senpai?
>>
>>9552593
Yes
>>
Atlas Shrugged. Yes, I read the whole thing.

Ayn Rand's "philosophy" and world view is retarded.
>>
>>9552414
House Of Incest by Anais Nin.

I love dream-like rambling narratives like Burroughs but holy shit was that book dull. it was like 70 pages and i was so bored it took me around 4 hours to finish it.

And the worst part is that i fucking love Anais Nin, her short stories collections in particular.
>>
>>9552428
Jane eyre is a bretty good book
>>
>>9552414
The Versions Of Us by Laura Bennett. Hated the structure enough to put it down.
>>
A tie between:

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown;
Kiss the Girls by James Patterson;
Purity by Jonnyboo Franztit
Less Than Zero by whatshisname
>>
>>9552428
This site is 18+. Please, leave.
>>
>>9552614
>whorres annoy
>>
>>9552460
Kek
>>
>>9552593
I though it was half decent
>>
>>9552425
What was its name? I'm Danish, so I might know of it. I was also forced to read shit in school
>>
Let the Great World Spin

Imagine a Britbong's only knowledge of NYC was through visits as a tourist and Lifetime/very-special-episodes regarding drugs, prostitution, etc. Now, imagine this Britbong actually and seriously writing a book about this caricature impression of NYC in the 70s/80s, as if it were the real thing.

It's so fucking bad, goddamn.
>>
The first 10 or so pages of 50 shades of Grey were awful. Terrible expressions like "my two left feet tee hee". Seemed written by a non-native English speaker.

Also Taipei by Tao Lin. Read two thirds of that garbage and it felt like a thousand pages. Boring, slow, pointless.
>>
>>9553050

"I should shoplift some batteries" he said, with a neutral expression on his face. Dakota Fanning laughed and tried to draw another giraffe on his arm.
>>
>>9552468
Why?
The idiot is the only one I've dropped half-way through. Idk loved C&P but there was almost nothing engaging about this one.
>>
>>9552414
There goes my nofap marathone. Fuck you OP.
>>
If we discount all the pulp and genre, then IJ without doubt.
>>
>>9552468
You you say you were...
>Nauseated
?
>>
>>9552414
Either "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens or "A Canticle for Leibowitz" by Walter M. Miller Jr.

"Great Expectations" is horribly written and super tedious.

"A Canticle for Leibowitz" got me super invested in the protagonist only for him to randomly die halfway thru the book. I felt like I had wasted a huge amount of time. It's not like Game of Thrones where there are multiple plots and protagonists, so it felt like the whole story ended, even though there was plenty of crap left to read.
>>
>>9553080
me too. I read C&P, Notes From The Underground, a collection of Dostoyevsky's short stories, and Brothers Karamazov, but The Idiot was just too boring for me too finish
>>
I figured I'd read something light, something comedic, that sort of thing, and this was being memed to hell and back in my homecountry.

Utter shit. The main character is a fucking asshole we're supposed to sympathize with because he's and old man, but also avuncular and cheeky, isn't that crazy? I don't know how to describe the style, but it's like someone trying to rip-off Forrest Gump and just fucking it up.
>>
>>9553005
Can't seem to find it, my memory is too vague. Female author, coming of age story, I believe there were nomads in it? That's about all. Honestly I just remember finding it insultingly stupid. If I was a greater person it'd probably have inspired me to try harder to write because apparently hacks like this author can get work
>>
Jesus that looks like my ex-gf

Same tits and everything. Kinda scared desu.
>>
>>9552414
1Q84, autor make fetiche Japanese, middle mediocre man teach fuck girl 18 years old big boob shyness
>>
hi i like boobs
>>
>>9552414
Omitting books I read for school, definitely Blood Meridian

the Judge is an interesting character (his destroying of historical artifacts gave me pause to seriously reflect on culture and meaning), but the book falls flat.
>>
>>9552414
i hated shakespeare because they forced it down our throats in highschool.

i hated how 2666 was pretentious and hypocritical, and also longer than it needed to be.

i remember when i read less than zero in highschool i was unimpressed. seemed vapid at the time.

infinite jest bored me.

but i guess the worst might be breakfast of champions. that being said, i dont mind some of vonneguts other works.
>>
>>9553321
sounds great
>>
>>9552917
jesus, less than zero was awful
>>
>>9552414
the alchemist made me want to puke
I didnt finish it but what I read of the road was bad
>>
>>9552414
How Many Miles to Babylon.

The PoV character came off as a sociopath in a situation where you are very evidently supposed to be rooting for them.
>>
>>9553050
Interesting new strategy Tao. Gearing up for the new novel release?
>>
some trash airport scifii novel i read when i was sixteen on holiday and only picked up because i liked the cover illustration. Something about a giant megacity having some mutagen cosmetic released by accident and turning everyone into beasts. Lots of stupid actions scene and some disgusting ones where the main characters love interest turns into a mutant but is still somehow sentient and there are vivid descriptions of her mutant labia producing a viscous slime because she still loves the main character. Ends in a big fight where it turns out that the cosmetic mutagen was produced by a lovecraftian AI god and they blow up the base and everyone transforms back and all is good but leaves it open for sequel from this hack piece of shit writer to make more money off stupid teenagers and bored accountants.
>>
Doing an application for an agency… They sent me a book to do a reader's report on. Made me feel more comfortable with my taste
>>
>>9552436
Of course that's your answer.
>>
The bible
>>
>>9553007
Fuck. I bought the book on a whim, and now I have to believe it's bad because someone on an anti-moose Hungarian hoverboard said so.

I can't even find the receipt to return it.
>>
>>9553502
Which book?
>>
>>9553507
Hard to pick one, the old testament has a lot awful ones like Deuteronomy.
>>
>>9552533
kek
>>
>>9552414
Fahrenheit 451
>>
File: 80570.jpg (19KB, 311x475px) Image search: [Google]
80570.jpg
19KB, 311x475px
>>9552414
This. It was required for some shitty writing class I had back in high school. I refused to finish it. Everything about the book is terrible, the prose is garbage, it's boring as fuck, and it offers no insight beyond "drinking too much is bad". Wow!

How this absolute drivel was critically acclaimed is completely beyond me.
>>
>>9552436
What other translations of Celine have you read?
>>
>>9552886
This. It was so intellectually dishonest.
>>
>>9552414
IJ
>>
>>9552414
Hunger by knut hamsun
Because i just lost a few IQ points by finishing it 5 minutes ago.
>>
>>9553399
What about BoC did you dislike?
>>
>>9552447
I read those a long time ago. I don't remember them being offensive for what they were.
>>
File: IMG_7063.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7063.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
I was in a shitty book club where in our second meeting I was the only one who had read the book
>>
>>9552526
really enjoyed that book.
once you understand the crazed disjointed "modern media" bits. Its actually a depiction of the future not to far removed from this present timeline. Persist you may well be rewarded
>>
>>9553802
please clap
>>
>>>9554071

Lol
>>
>>9552414
I once read the Twilight series, because autismo 5th grade me ran out of shit to read, and the teacher figured "these are thick, that'll occupy him."
Obligatory Harry Potter
As for a single book, I'd say Tangerine by Edward Bloor. It was required for a class in 7th grade, and from the set-up on the back cover, I figured I'd at least get some decent fantasy/spook out of it (given that it mentioned things like a house that had been hit by lightning 3 times, and an underground coal vein that was accidentally lit on fire, and continued burning.)

No. It was just about some special as fuck kid with thick as fuck glasses, learning to play soccer. And also
>muh spics
>>
>>9552414

The Celestine Prophecy by a fair margin. Got through about 10 pages before I realized what a crock of shit it is.

Hidden Messages in Water was also a laughable crock of shit for gullible people.

The reason I hate both is that dumb people point to them as examples of their "not religious but spiritual" worldview, which disagreeing with makes you "closed minded." I hate people like this and hate the retarded pablum they read to feel smart and enlightened.
>>
>>9552414
To kill a mockingbird
>>
Probably The Unvanquished, if I'm not counting trashcan lit. I need to give it a second go, though.

Rules for Radicals was also offensively bad, more because of Alinsky being everything wrong with modern liberalism than for any literary reason.
>>
the four agreements. never read rupi but i bet its right alongside her pile of dogshit.
>>
>>9552414
What a beautiful woman
>>
>>9553226
>Canticle for Leibowitz

There are three sections each 600 years apart, everyone dies, anon. The only lasting characters in the book are the church itself and Lazarus.
>>
>>9553088
>having this little self-control

You'll never make it bud, enjoy Avīci faggot.
>>
>>9552593
All that just to trip balls
>>
>>9553226
Oh my fucking god.

There's two sections after that in different points of time (in the future of that post-apocalyptic world)

What the fuck anon. Just read it. I'm mad just thinking of how badly you fucked up.
>>
>>9552593
* (anything) by Aldous Huxley
>>
The stoner
>>
It was a horror story. Some Stephen King knockoff, maybe Straub. Standard haunted/cursed hotel story, ghosts playing with people using people from their past to frighten or disturb them. It was the book equivalent of Manos: The Hands of Fate.
>>
>>9554661
Oh, and the why: I was working as a security officer at a sawmill, overnight shift. I read to pass the time, forgot to bring anything with me, but someone left that behind. It was all I had.
>>
>>9552533
This is your brain on Christfaggotry
>>
>>9552414
Katie.com (A Girl's Life Online)

It was assigned reading in high school. My freshman year English teacher thought it would help us understand how dangerous it was to talk to strangers on the Internet.

It was trash.
>>
Hemingway's The old man and the sea

Terrible writing style, non existent plot and to top it off, an overrated author :^)
>>
>>9554967
Wew lad. Way to go against the grain. Gj. Gj. xD
>>
Blood Meridian. Just all around bad. Atrocious, pointless, meaningless and stupid. It was boring as shit.

Tie for #2 would be The Stranger or Fahrenheit 451.
>>
Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance

I've grown allergic to naive positivity (or maybe false hope, or maybe just hope. I'm depressed).
>>
Orhan Pamuk's Snow. Because it's shit.
>>
>>9554015
hunger was amazing.
your just a psued.
>>
>>9552414
Lolita
It's probably because of the butchered translation from Russian to English, but Nabokov's method of writing is just painful to read. Anastrophe everywhere and awkward French sentences placed in the middle of a scene seemingly for no reason.
>>
>>9555385
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 kys
>>
>>9555016
nigga I'm depressed and I love that book.

ur dum
>>
>>9555013
wtf please explain
what on earth do you like and what are your expectations?
>>
>>9552533
did you get a circumcision?
>>
>>9552428
Jane Eyre is waifu.
>>
>>9555385
>butchered translation from Russian to English,
Almost bit. Well done
>>
Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy because the series was all over the place

Ring world Engineers because Niven can't stop being philosophical. The first one was great though. RWE went on and on for what seemed like forever. It took me four months to finish it.
>>
>>9552468
Don't get the dislike of this book. The lunch with the autodidact is worth it alone.
>>
>>9553080
The Idiot was the worst facets of Dostoyevsky's writing combined, the cliche virginial god botherer, endlessly weeping women, and lots of bloat.
>>
>>9553399
I'm so glad I didn't have to read american 'literature' in school.
>>
>>9553399
Shakespeare shouldn't be taught to children because none of us can understand it when we're 12, but teenagers in their later years should absolutely be exposed to at least one of Shakespeare's most popular plays. It's such a basic foundation of storytelling and modern entertainment in general, imbedded in culture still but slowly declining.
>>
>>9552414
The Picture of Dorian Gray
It's shit
>>
>>9558179
You're shit.
>>
>>9552414
Slaughterhouse-Five
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 309x475px
>>9552414
>>
>>9553597
What exactly did you expect? It isn't some fantasy novel
>>
File: 12528.jpg (12KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
12528.jpg
12KB, 314x475px
>>9552414
An American Childhood by Carol Ann Duffy
>>
>>9553080
The idiot is goat, it sure is a XIX century russian soap opera but for me that just added to the book
>>
Probably Breakfast of Champions.
>>
>>9554056
What book is that?
>>
>>9552533
that hits me right in the feels
>>
>>9552414
The lies of lock lamora
>>
>>9552468

that book is incredible and you should suck hot coals for not having enough good faith as a reader to finish it

>when Roquentin stabs his hand in the library and bleeds all over the page
>"I think I'm going to stop writing my novel about the M. de Rollebon"
>when Roquentin eternally btfo of humanism and even Sartre's own later political views
>not gazing at the perspiration on your beer glass
>>
>>9560109
diary of an oxygen thief
>>
>>9552886
Currently about 3/4 through this. It's just frustrating through and through, the way she'll contradict herself between philosophical rants. I'm going to finish it because at this point I've sort of personified the book and will feel defeated if I don't. Also because shit-talking Rand with my friend who is also reading Atlas Shrugged is too fun
>>
>>9560642
The sequel is even worse.
>>
File: 1324813461004.jpg (341KB, 1119x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1324813461004.jpg
341KB, 1119x1199px
Hard to say. The book I least liked reading was 'A Super Sad True Love Story' which is basically brave new world rehashed for the modern age.

>>9554268
The other end isn't bad either
>>
>>9560766
DELETE THIS
>>
>>9554015
You seem like the kind of person who can't afford to lose too many of those.
>>
>>9552414
Communist manifesto
>>
>>9560766
j-j-j-j-j-j-j-jesus
>>
I had to go digging around to remember the title of this fucker. 'The Great Zoo of China' it's called.

In the book the Chinese discover that dragons are actually real so they breed them and stick them in a zoo to show off to wealthy foreigners. The dragons don't dig this and kill just about everyone except the bland, stupid main characters.

I thought it would be light fun but boy did it plod. Whoever wrote it needs to hone their craft a little more, I shouldn't be bored while reading a scene where the characters are being chased through a collapsing tunnel by vicious mythical beasts.
>>
I want MILK
>>
>>9552414
The book that doesn't end in her unbuttoning her shirt and slobbering over my testicles soon after
>>
>>9552425
>>9553005
Did you guys ever read Knusum Kranikum?
It's probably horrible in hindsight, but when I was a kid I enjoyed it. Was probably my first brush with fantasy too.
>>
>>9560766
braaaaaaap
>>
>What is the worst book you've ever read, and why?
Confederacy of Dunces

"'Laugh out loud funny'

That was the review that made me decide to read this book.

Laugh out loud funny...really? To conjure a mental picture of me reading this book, imagine someone almost catatonic with boredom from the total inanity of reading this novel...staring blankly into the middle distance as tumbleweed rolls across my path and a church bell clangs a deathtoll somewhere in the distance.

Laugh out loud funny? I guess you may find this book amusing, perhaps if you're a teenage hipster then you'll probably find it oh-so hilarious. But then you'll have to keep putting the book down at the end of each chapter to pat yourself on the back in congratulation to yourself for getting the joke. I guess you might also find the book funny if you're an utter moron. If you find farce funny, if you find people dressed in amusing clothes funny, if you find page after page of inane 'I'm rambling against the man but actually I'm an idiot' monologues funny then lucky you (yes I get it, it's meant to be ironic). I despised this book, there are several books I've found dull, not my thing, haven't liked the person particularly. I've never found one so engagingly annoying. Toole topped himself after writing this because it wasn't a runaway success. They then decided to posthumously award it the Pulitzer...draw your own conclusions. Utter tripe. "

-Charles Baudelaire
>>
I can't let this thread pass without mentioning On The Road. By far the worst book I have ever had the misfortune of reading.
>>
File: 0385343671.1.zoom.jpg (27KB, 300x463px) Image search: [Google]
0385343671.1.zoom.jpg
27KB, 300x463px
The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman

An exploration of the events that led to and coincided with the closing of an English language international newspaper based in Rome. Each chapter focused on the perspective of a different employee or person intimately involved with the newspaper. Half-hearted commentary on the death of the newspaper industry, but Rachman sold that idea to the personal struggles of the individual characters, who were all shitty people.

>You're thinking "They were supposed to be shitty, because humans are shitty and the author was trying to humanize them."

Nope, just shitty. Literally every character in a relationship was having an affair. Do people cheat? Of course, yes, I understand. Might it be more socially acceptable or even tacitly allowed in Rome? Maybe. But every, single, character? That was a serious comment on the author's framework for how a relationship works, and forced me into one of three mindsets. Either he's a cynic in the interpersonal way, he doesn't understand how relationships actually work, or he's hopelessly cucked.

I hated each of the archetype characters passionately, which was not the author's intended effect. My furor is all the more distinct because at the time the book was quite popular, and was bought for me as a present and a recommendation. It still enjoys generally positive reviews, 3.5/5 on Goodreads.

>Saving grace might be the second to last chapter, a part or co-owner of the paper had a dog that was killed by a vengeful staff-member of the soon to be defunct paper. That made me feel a feel.

I otherwise found it to be complete trash.
>>
I can't let this thread pass without mentioning The Road. By far the worst book I have ever had the misfortune of reading.
>>
>>9552414
Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk. What kind of stupid faggot do you have to be to think that writing a book in broken English is a good idea.
>>
Nausea, American Psycho both were so boring that i couldnt finish.

I respect Sartre and his ideas but Nausea was so empty i felt i was just wasting my time

I felt like i had read the whole book of American Psycho after whats his face gets some "coke" and its probably just splenda but he hopes it isnt and still "gets high" from it. The whole book right there. Just idiot scenes of truly unhappy individuals desperately clinging onto their materialism and egos hoping to find some kind of solace but never getting any and hating everyone else for it.

That being said i just finished Infinite Jest and yeah there were times where the book was a slog (especially the fucking ebonics fuck you dfw), but given the narratives about pleasure the book hopes to emphasize i learned to enjoy the drawn out descriptions that went on for pages only to just barely get a glimpse of what it was he was saying
>>
>>9560725
>>9552886
>>9553967

This. It's poorly written and frustrating to read if you know anything about philosophy.

>>9554268
>>9560766
Search "Candy Girl" on imagefap. Include the quotes.
>>
File: 1441595979855.png (142KB, 408x340px) Image search: [Google]
1441595979855.png
142KB, 408x340px
>>9562149
>Search "Candy Girl" on imagefap. Include the quotes.
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>9562119
>American Psycho...just wasting my time
Wow, you must be completely humorless
>>
>>9562119

It's too black for you I guess.
>>
>>9562119
>person number X to call Nausea the worst book they've ever read ITT

I came to it during a period of quasi-isolation and while reading nothing but English poetry assignments for a class. Nausea was a shotgun blast of feeling and emotion for me. Roquentin's voice puts such a fine point on so many feelings and problems. The Sartre that wrote this, Being and Nothingness, and the Age of Reason is so much more interesting and in touch with suffering than the meme shaman he blossomed into after the war. It is so very, very far from empty.

Either way, I find your assessment to be overly severe and if your heart is not deep enough or sensibility not wide enough to appreciate this work, then I question your credibility as an amateur 4chan literary critic.

I don't particularly give af about American Psycho or IJ, tho. Hate all you like. In fact, if those were the reading choices you brought up alongside Nausea then I dread to think what your preconceived notions and mental point of departure was when you opened the cover. It sounds like you went through some "edgelord manifestos and hip writer circlejerks" reading list.
>>
>>9562392

I point out the fact I was reading nothing but classic English poetry to get to how drowning in sentiment I was. Not to shit on the writers, but it was all starting to feel so mawkish and fake. When he's sitting in that cafe listening to that married couple whine about the food while reading Eugenie Grandet - it's hard to put it exactly but I get it.
Among other things, Nausea is all about the alien-ness of the world and the constructs and forms you're pushed towards thinking with and living by.
>>
War and Peace. Fanny Hill was better than that crap.
>>
>>9552414
Ethan Frome, lit class
>>
>>9562239

She's actually kinda fat and it's sort of weird how she puts sprinkles on her clit. There's one pic where she just dumps a bottle of caramel syrup all over herself. It's like - why? For an arousing photo op? How vain and revolting.

Wish I'd never seen the pics. I could have continued idealizing her in my imagination and not ended up hating her.
>>
>>9561687
Absolutely by far the worst! Thanks for posting this.
>>
Kafka translated.

And this >>>9554134
Couldn't even be arsed to finish chapter one
>>
Aldous Huxley - Brave New World.
>>
>>9562119
>Just idiot scenes of truly unhappy individuals desperately clinging onto their materialism and egos hoping to find some kind of solace but never getting any and hating everyone else for it.
Whoah almost like that's the point
>>
File: teartroshit.jpg (438KB, 1903x942px) Image search: [Google]
teartroshit.jpg
438KB, 1903x942px
Teatro Grottesco.
I was expecting what the said. Something in the same style as Lovecraft. Instead I get a bunch of story's about people who have to work 23 hours a day & some tranny kid.
>>
>>9552447

I thoroughly enjoyed temple when I was very young, he's a great author to get you into reading

Can't remember the book, might be 7 ancient wonders when they're being flooded underground at some vertex pyramid, gave 11 year old me a good scare
>>
>>9563063
>actually kinda fat
You must be a kissless virgin. Great tits don't come without a belly, child.
>>
Easy. I would say ANYTHING by Dean Koontz, but I read one that took the cake. He's got a series of books called "Frankenstein" (I shit you not), and book 2 was maybe the worst book I've ever read. Made Dan Brown sound like Proust.
>>
>>9553415

When did you do the leaving cert my dude?
>>
>>9552468
I liked the part about the pederast in the library. Can somone explain to an moron what that was all about?
>>
>>9564951
It's all absurd, man. We must imagine the pederast happy.
>>
I tried to read Stieg Larsson
I feel so dirty now
>>
I read the first Harry Potter back when it came out, since I do enjoy some fantasy and sci-fi and it was marketed as a book adults could enjoy.

The best part of the series is that you can with a clear conscience instantly dismiss any opinion of a person over the age of 14 who freely admits to having enjoyed this garbage.
>>
>>9554365
>>9554588

But you both agree that "Great Expectations" is terrible?
>>
The Handmaid's Tale.

Jesus Christ, it's excruciating.
>>
Noughts and Crosses. The story seemed pretty good, but once realized the stupid political brainwashing I was angry.
>>
>>9562149
>Search "Candy Girl" on imagefap. Include the quotes.

too pretty for porn desu
>>
File: fggf.jpg (24KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
fggf.jpg
24KB, 300x444px
>>
>>9565859
>, and why?
>>
>>9552414
I remember having to read Tangerine back in school. All I really remember about it was that it was boring because it felt like nothing was happening.

I also found The Great Gatsby to be boring.
>>
>>9552414
mein kampf
>>
Night by that dead kike
>>
>>9554596
Brave New World is fine, just overhyped.
>>
>>9566131
I thought the author raised some good points and said things most people are afraid to, but all know are true.
>>
>>9554027
I really didn't like Tomorrow's Harvest.
>>
>>9563050
Good book or not I enjoyed it. Mostly for the atmosphere
>>
>>9561628
>Ma'am, may I offer you twelve inches of Paradise?
That line alone made the entire book worth it. Aside from that I think its reputation is mostly carried by the author an heroing.
>>
>>9554088
>As for a single book, I'd say Tangerine by Edward Bloor.

Do you live in new hampshire? I feel like you went to my middle school.....
>>
>>9553408
The same, but I hated Veronica decides to die much more. The mother fucker made a two sentence idea into a book. Fucking mother fucker.
>>
Nonfiction: "The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" By Alan Watts

Fiction: The da Vinci Code
>>
>>9552414
Star Wars: the old republic: revan
>lol the end of the book is he didn't accomplish anything and is worse off
The previous star wars books the author wrote were amazing. Also fuck disney for de canonization of the EU
>>
Scarlet Letter

Just the way Hawthorne writes, the prose is like nails on a chalkboard, and the main drama is less interesting than the worst post on /b/ today.
>>
File: gay.jpg (46KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
46KB, 324x499px
The main character is a bad person. Book is really gay too, literally. Had to read it for community college.
>>
>>9552414
Naked Lunch.
It was literal steaming hacky dogshit masquerading as 2deep4u.
>>
>>9552414
Free Anne Rice book on Amazon.
Good lord, it was like an edgy delusional managa story thrown into a book and trying to be serious.
>>
So this thread is "try to trigger people by calling their favorite book shit?"
Because my worst is probably one of the Harry Potters.
Surely y'all have read worse books than Infinite Jest.
>>
>>9552414
Kindred - Dostoyevsky, was forced to read it in highschool. I will never forget.
>>
>>9568489
Fuck I mean Toni Morison
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.