[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people love this quote so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Why do people love this quote so much?
>>
I'm not sure people actually like John Green.
>>
beecause when they read it the cringe-power of it occults within them an unfolding worm of sadness and patheticness os intense it is almost poetic

brb

going to choke myself
>>
cause drizzle rhymes with fo shizzle ma nizzle
>>
>>9551949
Because men nourish while women destroy
>>
obvious, ambiguous, romantic

never heard it before
>>
>>9551949
>people
You anwered your question yourself.
>>
always got the feeling john writes corporate cookie-cutter pop songs for degenerate disney girls grown to be pop stars
>>
>>9551949

because they love rhyming
every time
>>
I'm sorry I know this, but that's not even the correct quote.
>>
>>9551949
He hates himself and he loves the woman
>>
>>9552103

the modern man himself
>>
>>9552069
>love rhyming

what about it? is rhyming pleb? I always thought it was the other way around with undergrad [insert useless degree here] poseurs preferring free verse more than actually bothering with metre
>>
it's poetic and romantic. what more do want.

and why are you posting here if you can't figure out that much for yourself
>>
>>9551949
I didn't know they did. Then again, I don't generally associate with people into YA, so that's not my world.
>>
>>9552115

I was just kidding about the rhyme, and was deliberately failing to rhyme besides.
I think the appeal of the quote is the natural tendency of people to uphold ourselves as a benign agent in the dramas of our lives and to see the negative forces as coming from outside ourselves. It's an all-too-easy trap to fall into and the basis of 1) truly bad people failing to be aware of their badness and 2) other people not addressing their own shortcomings. It's just more tempting all-around for all of us to externalize our problems like that
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.