[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books that will help me convey my thoughts and arguments better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 441.jpg (17KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
441.jpg
17KB, 200x260px
>>
what are your thoughts and arguments?
>>
>>9551481
You should write. Read what you wrote a week after...
>>
>>9551494
In general, I mean. When I have a good argument or a point to make sometimes it takes me a long time to convey it the way I want. I think its largely a vocabulary and writing skill issue, which I have been working on recently. I keep coming across new words that perfectly describe/convey a concept or idea but maybe learning more about logic and other books that teach you how to better argue, write or structure your thoughts may help.
>>
>>9551548
>When I have a good argument or a point to make sometimes it takes me a long time to convey it the way I want.
Nothing wrong with that. I'm kinda long-winded too. What are you writing about? Anything in particular?
>>
>>9551481
I'm not sure of books that can help you convey it better, but one way to improve upon it is by doing it a lot of times.
The more you debate, the better you'll get at it.
The more you articulate your views to a range of people, the better you'll become at articulating it.

Obviously it's not just doing it a lot of times for the sake of it, but with the intention of being able to convey it better.
>>
>>9551571
Not writing about anything now, but I guess its mainly with uni papers (law and previously economics). I sometimes spend a very long time thinking of how to write a good point I have down on paper. Sometimes it feels like my head is going to explode from frustration. When a good idea, argument, though etc comes to me I spend a shit load of time thinking and pacing around before I manage to write it down the way that best conveys it.

The problem is, during exams I don't have the luxury of time and my writing quality drops significantly.

I get great results for my papers and overall subjects, but this is my biggest weakness and it frustrates the shit out of me.

Is epistomology worth reading about?
>>
op improving thoughts and arguments is precisely why "start with the greeks" is so widely espoused, this is the primary value found within Plato et al.
>>
>>9551609
Everything's worth reading about.
>>
>>9551623
Literally ordered pic related and The Odyssey today. Already read The Iliad.
>>
>>9551631

good call, also odyssey>>>>>>iliad
>>
>>9551631

CANCEL THAT immediately. get Hackett or Cambridge for philosophers not in in english
>>
>>9551675
A Plato Reader is Hackett lad. That's why I got it.

Also because it has all of the essential dialogues that everyone says to read.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.