[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything helpful in this book, or did I fell for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 4865.jpg (46KB, 304x475px) Image search: [Google]
4865.jpg
46KB, 304x475px
Is there anything helpful in this book, or did I fell for the self-help jew? After reading the first three chapters, I thought this was all just common sense with anecdotal evidence as filler. I just chapter 5, and it's literally eight pages of anecdotal evidence on why smiling is important.
>>
It can improve your social skills, but if you're already a sociable person that isn't autistic it isn't going to change much. A lot of people I've met could use this book though.
If you're looking for a good book for yourself read Meditations.
>>
read max stirner's the ego and its own then thus spoke zarathustra then ride the tiger
>>
i remember this book . im saving it this time
>>
>>9549033
Meditation is basically "just chill bro" the book.
>>
>>9549089
There's a lot more in there than "just chill" if you actually read the fucking books.
>>
The book should be retitled to "How to Put on a Persona and Manipulate People", but aside from that discrepancy nothing I've heard indicates that the advice is incorrect
>>
Moving along. Has anybody read this book, and is it worth the time?
>>
I read it 15 times and now I do everything in the book without even thinking about it. Ive gained a lot of friends and girlfriends without trying.

Great book but what good is knowledge without the action. Not acting on what you know is where most fail.
>>
>>9549741
Which book, >>9548936 or >>9549454?
>>
>>9548936
it's very helpful but don't expect every tip to work because modern times and values are decaying
as said before it improves your social skills, i know i did

>>9549454
gonna give it a try, can i get i quick ruwdown? for those who read it
>>
>>9549921
All I know is he was a consultant for the Clinton campaign, and Scott Adams referred Cialdini as "the Godzilla of Persuasion." So, take that as however you will.
>>
>>9549454
It's comparable to the OP book, with a lot of anecdotal evidence. It's still a very interesting read. The time investment isn't large to begin with, it's not difficult.
>>
>>9550031
What about his most recent book, Pre-Suasion?
>>
>>9549921
It's hard to give a quick rundown, because that would be exactly what the title is: "Psychology of Persuasion." It explores how people perceive and identify negatively or positively with stimuli via anecdotal evidence and how this is important.

Some examples I remember from the book:

A jewelry store owner was not selling any jewelry for a long time. She told an assistant to mark it to 50% off. The assistant mistakenly marked it 50% up. The jewelry all sold.

Phone surveys were conducted asking the opinion of the home team after some local football games. One survey after the home team lost, one after they won. People called after they lost tended to say "they lost" or "they weren't very good". In contrast, fans that were called after the victory tended to say "we won".

Very much worth a read, in my opinion.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.