[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transcendental aestethic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Kant_Portrait.jpg (446KB, 1110x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Kant_Portrait.jpg
446KB, 1110x1600px
I think i haven't well understood the arguments behind Kant's critique of Newtonian objective view of space and time. If space and time are containers or reality, why should they lose their property of being real if they stop containing the data of experience? Does Kant logically justify his rejection to this idea or he just states it is very unlikely that it can be considered as the right view?
>>
People don't think it be like it is, but it do.
>>
Because for Kant, space and time don't really exist. Any experience we have is an appearance, or representation, and not the real world. In order to have any experiences we have to conform our sense impressions to the forms of space and time, which are in us prior to experience and make it possible.

Kant never critiques Newtonian views, on the contrary he recues them from Humean doubt. In Kant's system natural science is still possible but only if we accept that we are measuring and doing science not on things in themselves, but only on things as they appear to us, which is all that actually matters anyway. For Hume there is no rational basis for cause and effect, we can't prove it. But Kant saves us by showing that you can prove cause and effect, but only as cause and effect being a form imposed on things *as they appear to us*, qua experience, as a prerequisit to have an experience at all.
>>
>>9542348
His argument is that time is real insofar that it is an objective phenomenon. He views any empirical account of time "being out there" as unlikely, unless you equate change with time. General relativity also showed that time was relative to motion, indicating that empirical time was somewhat imposed scientifically.
>>
File: 1493580690746.png (42KB, 399x322px) Image search: [Google]
1493580690746.png
42KB, 399x322px
>>9542378
>Insofar.
>>
>>9542348
What does that have to do with aesthetics?
>>
>>9543140
you can't be serious man
>>
>>9543143
ok, good to know
>>
>>9543160
Transcendental aestethic is a paragraf of the critique of pure reason.
>>
>transcendence
>aesthetic

Pick one.
>>
>>9542348
This is an image of Jacobi not Kant
>>
The 'container' metaphor belongs to Leibniz, not Kant. It's handy, but also misleading and tends toward the kinds of paradoxes you bring up (confusing form with content, invoking an object to 'represent' the determination of a manifold into relations)

I don't feel like typing a long post on my phone. Call kantbro or look through the archives for their tutorials.
>>
>>9543140
The project of the transcendental aesthetic in the critique of pure reason is to isolate the a priori 'forms' of sensory perception. Surprise surprise, it's time and space.

The transcendental logic has to do then with the a priori 'forms'/categories of reason.
>>
>>9543305
Do you understand the distinction between something being transcendent versus transcendental?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.