[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wheel of Time series still has sold more copies than A Song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1494350671696.gif (405KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
1494350671696.gif
405KB, 245x184px
>Wheel of Time series still has sold more copies than A Song of Ice an Fire series without a HBO boost
wait what
>>
>15 book series sells more books than 5 book series
really makes you think doesnt it
>>
>>9542232
The cumulative hype that you build up over 15 installments and however long these things took to write is a lot more than you get with 5 books spat out in awkward stop-starts with a shitty normalfaggot fodder tv tie-in. The kinds of people who enjoy Games of Thrones aren't the types who ever read, with the exception of maybe Harry Potter.
>>
>>9542251
>The kinds of people who enjoy Games of Thrones aren't the types who ever read
empirically wronk
>>
>>9542251
>Game of Thrones is a bad show
>normies normies stupid normies
Fresh from /r/4chan on the ebin edgelord express?
>>
>>9542239
Not saying that there isn't any logic behind it rather that it is surprising
>>
>>9542265
>game of thrones is good
Fresh from the night club normie?
>>
>>9542274
But it is it is really well made and has decent actors all around
however let's not go too /tv/ here
>>
>>9542265
I didn't write 'normie' I wrote 'normalfaggot'. I make a point of always doing that because the difference is important. 'Normie' is the stupid meme term but 'normalfaggot' is what you write when you're actually trying to describe a real kind of person that there isn't really a better word for.

And Game of Thrones is bad. Like the books they ended up with too many plotlines, but to their credit they found a way out of this. However, that way out was to just fill entire seasons with nothing but nonsensical asspulls and wildly out of character actions to eliminate nine tenths of these plotlines by simply killing every single side character that couldn't easily be worked into the main plotlines.

Even before that there were clear signs of decay in production values and general craftsmanship too. It's incredible how much worse the show looks in almost every way compared to the earlier episodes considering its popularity. The writing feels cheap, lazy and low-brow (or lower-brow depending on your thoughts on the early show), the costumes are notably worse (everyone in brown and black leather all the time with as many useless belts and bands as possible), the CG is still weak and all of the budget seems to be blown on huge setpiece sequences which only exist to give each season the feeling of something huge happening, even if they're often inconsequential (Hardhome was largely pointless and probably had ten times the budget of Derek Jarman's entire filmography).

>>9542280
>decent actors all around
Almost all of the good actors have been killed off. Ned, King Robert, Catelyn, Jaime, Cersei (early only) and maybe Jorah if we're being nice are the actors who gave performances I'd consider noteworthy. Most of them are dead or gone now and the show's being carried by the quippy meme-dorf, Kelly C. the high school thespian, Jon the mopey-faced mongoloid, CIA the multi-accented meme-god and Sansa the semi-giant. Oh, and can't forget Quasimodo.
>>
>>9542280
The only good season of Game of Thrones is the first one.
>>
>>9542292
I like the first three seasons at least and from then on it's episode per episode evaluation
>>
>>9542289
What do you think of Wheel of Time?
>>
>>9542295
>>9542295
Shit taste.
I'd give you the first half of season 2, but no further beyond that.
>>
>>9542322
Watch what you're saying, a mob of normies can pounce at you at any time
>>
>>9542304
Never bothered with it. From what little I've seen it just seems to be tropes stacked on tropes stacked on tropes with nothing distinctly 'Wheel of Time' about it to make it worth the enormous page-count. Are you asking as a fan? I think that if I found it as a teenager, say around 13-16, I probably could have read it as a time-passer but now that I'm a wizened 20 year old I don't have the time. I have law exams to ponder suicide over, no time for pointless doorstoppers or video games anymore.
>>
>>9542334
>no time for pointless doorstoppers or video games anymore
he said in a post on 4chan
>wizened 20 year old
kek
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.