[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Brothers Karamazov

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: TBK.jpg (10KB, 184x275px) Image search: [Google]
TBK.jpg
10KB, 184x275px
Finaly finished this and completed all of Dosto's mayor works. One of the biggest things I got out of his philopshy, is the idea that in order to achieve true happines, one must follow Jesus' teachings and love everything/everybody, and that you must endure the suffering that comes with that and get happiness out of it too. I've applied this to my life a few times, and when I truly get myself into a state of "loving all creation" I really do feel an overwhelming happiness. The only think I don't really understand, is why is it that you feel this happiness trough love. Maybe it's a stupid question, but I want to know what /lit/ thinks of this.
>>
>>9540592
apologies for the typos, English is not my first language.
>>
>>9540592
Bump
>>
because his love is unconditional and it is derived through pain and suffering
>>
I told you Tolstoy and Dosto were the same
>>
I mean, I guess he has the best in mind, and I'm reading OP's book right now, but I just can't bring myself to go along with Dosto, being an agnostic, yet recognising that if God exists it is most likely not the Christian one.
>>
>>9540633
so...
>>
>>9540672
Love is God
>>
>>9540670
OP here, im agnostic as well, but Dostoevsky has made me see that the Chrisitian teachings at their very basic, are universal and that absolute love and goodness are true ways to achieve happiness.
>>
>>9540686
k then
>>
Whats a good entry to Dostoevsky? Prefeably not a boring story about a depressed lonely guy, I got enough of that in the Sorrows of Young Werther.
>>
>>9540728
I started with notes from the underground which by itself is fantastic and short so that you can see if you like his writting. But since Notes is exactly about a depressed lonley guy I would recomend The double. But all he wrote is in someways depressing so maybe hold off for now?
>>
>>9540592
Yes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.