[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re-write this poem in the style of an author (prose or poetry)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 23

File: The Tiger.png (172KB, 468x395px) Image search: [Google]
The Tiger.png
172KB, 468x395px
Re-write this poem in the style of an author (prose or poetry) and others guess who you were going for
>>
The tiger was thinking a lot about what would happen after his death. Nevertheless he should be asking what was before his birth. Thus he opened the cage to find out.
(sorry for my language, I am polish ape)
>>
The tigers maze
He is always trapped in that cage
Oh no
No
NO
The tiger is skinned
>>
...and the lionesses and gazelles and polar bears and meerkats and the Zoo where I was a boy in the crowd yes when I put the spoon in the Dippin' Dots like my uncle used or shall I wear my monkey hat yes and how he stared at my from behind his bars and I thought well as well he is a tiger and then I asked him with my eyes to escape this place yes and then he roared and gripped the cage yes to say yes Nael my friend and first he put his arms around the bars yes and tore them apart so he could walk down so I could pet him and his tail was swaying like mad and yes he's out yes he is YES.
>>
>>9540361
The tiger be cry,
And but so he destroy cage
yes
YEZZIR
Tiger be free
>>
>>9540379
Bob Marley and DFW collaboration
>>
>>9540361
zwoop zwoop
TRANNNGGGG
KATA KATA
BI BI
ZAAAAF
ZAAAAF ZAAAF
AWAWAWA
>>
>>9540375
kek
>>
>>9540375
Unironically really sweet. Or maybe it's just that even if you change every word, that page will still make me sob like a baby
>>
the tiger's destruction of the cage is not in the cage being destroyed, that is the platonic non-real
the sublime, or rather the poetic influence of the act is in the capitalized yes followed from the previous capitalized y in yes such that the final yes is the springing forth of the smaller yes
and here is the key, in the parallax from the other end the destruction is the last step that links with the first, yes the tiger destroyed his cage and so on
>>
>>9540361
Tyger Tyger burning bright,
In the forests of the night:
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?
>>
>>9540405
could probably have been a lot of people without the 'and so on'
>>
File: chrome_2017-03-13_18-21-09.png (168KB, 232x236px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-13_18-21-09.png
168KB, 232x236px
The tiger who had been residing in his cage in the local zoo of the big metropolis that is the capital city of a western European country (the name of the country being irrelevant to the story (or poem) and as such is omitted in this text) and had been being fed unsatisfactorily, had finally become fed up (not with food, although what exactly he had become fed up with is not exactly clear to the author, or even if the aforementioned feeding up is indeed the cause of the subsequent actions following the feeding up). Having speculated as to the reasons of the transpired event, not yet to be described in this text, it is time now to move on to observing the actual event itself - the cage with which this particular representative of the /Panthera tigris/ (slashes denote usage of italic font) species, has suddenly, or gradually (again it is unknown to the author and probably also irrelevant to the reader), has brought the number representing the structural integrity (or would have, if such a thing existed in the reality in which this particular tiger resided (important to note, as there could be an alternative reality where my description would be based in reality)) of his enclosure to a flat 0 (or a low enough number that would allow our friend (presumably), the big orange (presumably) cat to what he did. In this moment, I am euphoric. What he did? It is not clear if he actually did something. It is clear that he WAS something. What was he? He could, with confidence, just as I could, say, or more exactly, assert, that he was finally (if he had been waiting for this moment, as many of us undoubtedly would like to presume) - out.
>>
>>9540382
Tristan Tzara gtfo
>>
>>9540420
faggot i was going to post that
>>
Cage was destroyed today, or was it yesterday. I don't remember.
>>
The tiger that sat these 4 years in its cage of pig iron and rusted rebar did break out one autumn night in September. He sat amongst the burning sweet-gum leaves a pastel and forlorn orange effigy under a star-dogged sky and was a long time doing so; unable to realise his self-prescribed freedom.
The zookeepers saw the cage in the morning.

The tiger got out.
The tiger got out.
>>
>>9540459
kafka?>
>>
The point is that - and this is the only capital-T Truth out there - the tiger that until this very moment was in its cage, the same don't-come-near-or-i'll-kill-you tiger that was wandering in there, now is gone. And it broke its cage in this very American i'll-do-it-right-now kind of way, and all you can do is say yes, yes, the tiger is out. And there is something sad and banal about that.
>>
>>9540361
Damn, that's pretty good for a six year old.
>>
>>9540361

And but so basically this tiger(1), being insatiably edacious as tigers naturally are (more or less uncensurable when you're only ever fed scraps from the zookeepers bucket twice a day, whether you like it or not bucko so you're well advised to just make the best of it) set about at, riving the bars of the Shor-Line(tm) cage apart(2). And then the tiger, at this point just positively eager and champing at the bit to get free is getting closer and closer and the Crest-toothpaste-like blend of despair and excitement that you feel when you're this close to finishing some major project like tearing apart your cage or writing a letter to your dear grandmother(3) or down to the smoldering roach of some fine Bob Hope, but so this tiger is slicing at the bars harder and harder and the zookeeper, having heard the most awful, grating sound has come over and notices that the tiger is seconds from consuming him, the zookeeper, as his, the tigers, third meal of the day, grabs his walkie-talkie.
"Je serai dévoré par le tigre, merci d'envoyer de l'aide"
And at this point all he can really do is pray and so he drops down to his knees and shuts his eyes.(4)

(1) Panthera tigris
(2) The claws of an adult Bengal or Siberian tiger varying in length from somewhere between 8 and 10.5 cm in length, which to this writer sounds just unbearably sharp and capable of doing damage, and which makes this writer quite happy to stay as far away from their cages as possible.
(3)These days tucked away at Sunny Lanes Retirement Home, Barberton, OH
(4) A Catholic, his deity of choice indeed being the Christian God
>>
>>9540494
Camus definitely
>>
When marx is referring to the capital, he does not mean that the tiger had use his labor to produce the desired product, rather it is because of capital that the capitalist engages in the desire production. Capital produces surplus and that surplus produces more surplus. capitalism's very nature as a pure organ without body forces the tiger to deterritorialize the cage and all other flows, following the flow or even the fluid of the machine-organ the tiger dissolves into the machine residuum. the disjunction of integral parts of the structure of the subject and machine without body gives the transaction between the state of the oedipal-cage to the schizo-out. the total destruction of the socius is materialized in the repeated continuous yet broken flow of yes, the mechanistic action of the production-machine.
>>
>>9540532
dfw
>>
>>9540543
>>9540554
>>
>>9540382
>>9540420
>>9540494
very good
>>
The tiger
He destroyed his cage
Yes
YES
The lady is out
>>
>>9540494
Low energy post. Too easy
>>
The Tiger
He destroyed his cage
but
But
BUT
He's still in
>>
En la ultima noche de su prision
El tigre se levanto con esfuerzo y calor
a la luz nitida del parque,
pudo leer las instrucciones
de la destruccion de su jaula natal

Solo era necesario rendir sus colmillos
y vivir siempre al azar.
siendo asi desnudo y penoso
pues su pelaje callo del la infeccion social.
>>
>>9540375
Damn, I came into this thread wanting to do that one.
>>
I saw this tiger once, black stripes, ferocious teeth, the whole package. He was just sitting there in cage, doing whatever tigers do I suppose. Then all of a sudden blam!, he's out. Busted his cage right down. I couldn't believe it, I've never been so happy in my goddamn life. He got out. He really did.
>>
The tiger was born in the Sumatran jungles. That's what I was told at least, not that I cared. It was there in front of me. I admitted it seemed more at home in the jungle. Yet, it was there in front of me, not in Sumatra and not in its cage. I admired the beast for a moment. It was pleasing to look at if you could remove yourself from the dire situation. She was muscular, but lean. Her coat shined in the sun, and she had the tread of a common housecat. I didn't care at the time, though. I couldn't. The tiger was out of its cage, so I shot it. People said it was sad. Perhaps, it was.
>>
>>9540375
Brett's close
>>
>>9541275
Bretty
>>
>>9540375
>>9540391
>>9540400
>>9541237
What's it from
>>
Female tiger
Men can't confine her
She destroys her cage

Yes.

I am liberated

-Rupi Kapur
>>
>>9540432
dead giveaway *shniff*
>>
>>9541288
Out. Get out.
>>
>>9541288
>he doesn't recognize one of the most memorable passages in all of literature
Jesus christ dude.
>>
>>9541399
if he hasn't read it, he couldn't remember it
>>
>>9541410
I knew that passage well before I read Ulysses. It's posted on here pretty regularly, even.
>>
>>9540375
10/10 kek

>>9541288
Infinite Jest.
>>
>>9540375
incredible
>>
>>9540494
Why did he kill the bunny?
>>
The tiger broke his cage. It's a fucking metaphor or something.
>>
>>9541256
Bukowski?
>>9541264
Hemingway?
>>9540600
Rupee Kaur
>>9540547
French person
>>9540517
?? I like this.
>>
>>9541696
HST?
>>
>>9541721
I didn't have any specific author in mind when I wrote that. I just wanted to see what somebody would come up with.
>>
>>9540545
Really?? How did you tell? Are you a detective?
>>
>>9540543
Tigers dont wear bits.
>>
>>9540459
Underrated
>>
>>9540459
DFW?
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 958x973px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 958x973px
>>9541288
Ulysses. Now go read it, buddy.
>>
>>9540532
This is water dfw
>>9540543
Consider the lobster dfw
>>
The cage in which the tiger is located is ideology. The tiger in the cage is functional to the capital *sniff* and to the post-political. only when the the tiger breaks the cage people say "my god, the tiger is out, it is dangerous" and so on and so on.
>>
>>9541868
WOW WHO COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE?
>>
>>9540547
>>9541715
Deleuze (?)
>>
>>9540361
Call me Nael.
>>
In su lo ferro la feroce fiera
Facea tumulto senza triegua alcuna
E quella tosta e trista su la schiera
Coi denti selvi e duri color luna
A trangugiar minugia seguitava
Che dal sanguine ella parea bruna
>>
As six-year old Neal
awoke one morning from fierce dreams he found himself transformed in his cage into a young, lean, hungry tiger.
>>
>>9541868
*tugs shirt*
>>
I need a Peterson Tiger is out now.
>>
>>9541715
Was trying mccarthy desu
>>
>>9540361
The tiger. Well, tigers are predatory animals, they're at the top of the dominant hierarchy. The tiger destroys his cage. Well, that depends on what you mean by "destroy" and "cage"
The tiger is wrestling with chaos like we all do, slaying the dragon and creating the world with it's pieces. Yes, the tiger is out. Well that depends on what you mean by "out." The bloody neo marxists want us all in cages, look at 20th century Russia. It's like, no, that doesn't work. People are like animals, they don't like being in cages.
>>
>>9541995
Oof, trying too hard
I'll polish yours up in the morning
>>
>>9542009
Thanks, i never peterson posted before.
>>
>>9541715
>>9541264
You got me, was trying not to be too on the nose.
>>
>>9542011
On /pol/ or /tv/, that could have flown. Could have impressed a few passersby. On /lit/? Our shitposting levels are a little high. We've got strict standards, see. Writers and the like. It's all or nothing around here, kid. You're in or you're out. Judging by your post? You're out. With my help? Hell, let's just say I can get you in. I've got experience in these things. A whole arsenal of experience. I've got experience up to my sleeves. Hell, let's all or /tv/, that could have impressed a few passersby. On /lit/? Our shitpost? You're out. Judging around here, kid. You're in the like. It's just say I can get you're out. Judging levels are a little high. We've got standards, see. Writers and the like. It's just say I can get you're out. Judging by you're out. With my help? Hell, let's all or /tv/, that could have flown. Could have impressed a few passersby. On /pol/ or /tv/, that could have impressed a few passersby. On /pol/ or you're out. On /little around have flown. Could have flown. It's just standards, see. I've impressersby. On /little high. With my sleeves. On /pol/ or /tv/, that could here, kid. You're out. Writersby. On /little high. With my help? Hell, let's all of experience up to my help? Hell, let's all or you in things. On /pol/ or /tv/, the like. I've got strict say I can get you in these that could have got experience impressers andards, see. I've got experience up to my help? Hell, let's just standards, see. It's arse
>>
File: 1417863435762.png (485KB, 590x407px) Image search: [Google]
1417863435762.png
485KB, 590x407px
>>9542019
what the fuck
>>
File: 1485244725857.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485244725857.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>9542019
So this... is the power.. of /lit/...
>>
Jamie pull up that video of the tiger destroying his cage

Look at that tiger...
A thing like that will tear a man to shreds!
>>
>>9540373
borges
>>
>>9541696
john green
>the cigarette is a metaphor
>>
the tiger was in his cage
i was on klonopin
my girlfriend was being obnoxious
"share with me"
"share with me"
"i want one"
i sighed and took out my phone
the tiger got out of his cage
but i like
totally didn't care
>>
>>9542048
>not noting the age of narrator, girlfriend and tiger in brackets
>"I" instead of some one syllable normal person name
>>
Tiger sprawled out in its cage. Hairy belly, large bestial penis stink of dried semen in the striped fur fury rage of hair. Teeth stained with the fresh blood of deer meat rended and ripped moments ago. Amber eyes flash in rage. He is caged in steel for the pleasure of humans. Tigerdick loved by chink boys keep it coming in their ripped assholes licking each others bloody prolapse.
'yes' Nael exclaims in sexual ecstasy 'YES' and he ejaculates over the pages. The tiger sets its fangs into the young lad's flesh. Teeth fall out because the junk the tiger was fed in the cage. 'The tiger is out' Nael rambles dying in dank blood and semen mixture, rotten teeth lodged in his abdomen.
>>
File: 1493624669702.png (131KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1493624669702.png
131KB, 396x385px
>>9542058
>he has actually read tao lin
>>
>>9542059
Probably not but this may be something written by chuck "edgelord" palahniuk
>>
File: 1455268024901.png (22KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1455268024901.png
22KB, 804x743px
>>9542061
>he still hasn't read all the memes
>>
>>9542069
>he lies about having read Hypersphere
>>
>>9542066
It was actually an attempt at Burroughs
>>
I know I kind of like this poem, but I don't know why. What is it that makes it so appealing (or good)?
>>
>>9540361
The tiger lives in his box, he bears the weight of the cage.
The tiger has an epiphany: The metal is not my house, my house is my body.
I will live in affirmation of truth, and see the outside world.
>>
>>9542344
It's straightforward and concentrated, which matches the theme of poem. Notice how it stops having that impact if you make it wordier or slower the pace.
>>
>>9540459
The Man Without Qualities
>>
>>9540382
Zadie Smith?
>>
1. The tiger is in the cage
2. However he tiger is not everything that is in the cage
2.1 everything that is outside the cage is not the tiger
2.12 the totality of facts determines that the tiger is in the cage
3. The tiger could get out of the cage trough a possibility of atomic facts
7. Don't talk to the tiger please
>>
>>9542388
Witty
>>
>>9541813
I started off going for him, yes.
>>
The tiger
He destroyed his cage
"But what is a cage?" Asked Socrates
"Oh Socrates this is a common fact! It is a structure that captures living beings" Replied the tiger.
"I am so saddened that knowledge can't be transferred by mere touch because if so, I could take your infinite wisdom. But please Tiger tell me, a man who knows nothing, if a creature that wasn't captured, but rather was birthed inside a cage, would make it any less of a cage?"
"No of course not!"
"Then shall we say that a cage doesn't "capture" a creature, but rather "contains" it?"
"Yes"
"Shouldn't we also see if it's purpose is to contain any living being?"
"What do you mean? I don't understand"
"When a thief is caught stealing cattle, where does he go?"
"Into a prison"
"And more specifically?"
"Behind bars"
"So why is it that there is this distinction between humans and animals?"
"I don't know, Socrates"
"The difference lies in the function. The cage is used to contain animals because they are dominated only by desire and thus only sensible things can keep them away. The bars instead contain humans who possess the ability to reason. The bars not only protect the outside world, but also punish the inmates and deter anyone to commit acts that would put him there"
"By the gods Socrates! You are right!"
The tiger returned into the cage.
>>
>>9541715
>>9540600
was going for whoever wrote "the lady or the tiger"
don't know his name
>>
>>9542488
Stockton.
http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/LadyTige.shtml
>>
>>9542461
The best one
>>
XVI
As the tiger destroys His Cage, he imagines himself free not only from his imprisonment, but also from the capitalist system.

XVII
However, he is not free, he is still an actor in, and consumer of the spectacle, His imagined freedom being nonexistent.

XVIII
The tiger is an actor in as well as a consumer of the spectacle, and can therefore not escape it.
>>
>>9542373
I hope that's an exaggerated and unjust parody and the work doesn't read like that at all, because I was going to pick it up one day.
>>
>>9541964
Dante?
>>
>>9542533
pleb
>>
>>9542537
Yes YES
Sadly i couldn't manage to write it in english but i'm quite proud of my sextain
>>
What we ‘first’ hear is never noises or complexes of sounds, but the annoying child, the buzzing camera. We hear the visitors on the march, the north wind, the bored lion growling, the cigarette alit… It requires a very artificial and complicated frame of mind to ‘hear’ a ‘pure noise’. The fact that cameras and children are what we proximally hear is the phenomenal evidence that in every case Tiger, as Being-in-the-cage, already dwells alongside what is ready-to-claw within-the-cage; it certainly does not dwell proximally alongside ‘sensations’; nor would it first have to give shape to the swirl of sensations to provide a springboard from which the animal leaps away and finally lands inside a ‘cage’. Tiger, as essentially understanding, is proximally alongside what is understood. (Being and Tiger 34: 207)
>>
www.redditflix.com
>>
>>9542621
>[s4s]-tier shitposting
>>
>>9542309
pretty good attempt haha
>>
>>9540361
Waking up to a loud Yes rarely means something good is happening. It’s never “YES! the tiger destroyed his cage!" or "YES! The tiger is out."
>>
There was until recently a tiger in a cage and at the moment I would have been much at ease to continue to see it in that condition. On the contrary, the tiger had presently broken its confines and now joyously bounded down the road.
I shrugged roundly and located the nearest bar, where the story elicited a neccesarily incredulous but ultimately winsome reaction from the patrons. As rounds of drinks were bought and poured, my anxiety surrounding the tiger faded into a bright glow.
>>
>>9540361
The tiger, folks... let me tell you, he destroyed the cage. He destroyed it. He did it, we all know he did. Yes. Yes! It's a great thing, a beautiful thing. And you know what? The the tiger is out and it's a great... it's a great thing, the greatest thing.
>>
>>9542692
trump
>>
>>9540361
The tiger and cubs
In the winter snow
Chase the Kormorans
>>
File: 1491617430299.jpg (59KB, 626x683px) Image search: [Google]
1491617430299.jpg
59KB, 626x683px
This thread is a cesspit of intellectually deprived irony.
>>
>>9540361
The tiger,
He destroyed his cage
fuck i want a cigarette
that tiger is probably a phoney anyway
>>
There is a tiger in a cage. He has been in a cage before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.

The bars are forged from a very special sort of steel, y'see - the iron in the compound was retrieved from one of them good ol' fashioned Indian Burial Grounds, initially in the form of hatchets and tomahawks, quickly melted down and combined with carbon, and forged into these here bars by the owner and proprietor of Ricky Ilyich Ngleader's Travelling Circus company (guess the owner's name), the infusion of Native American spirits into an object for the limitation of nature striking Ricky as a delightfully cold and appropriate metaphor indeed. The tiger, captured in Sumatra after a six-day hunt, finally subdued with a combination of taser sticks and your classic anaesthetising darts, has been predictably called Shere Khan by carnies without imagination. He will often be removed from the cage and put before baying, paying crowds and have tied to his tail flaming sticks in the fashion of his namesake, and be made to dance, meat and candy and coins being pelted at his pelt as he goes. Lookit me, maw! I hit the sucker right between the eyes! they will scream, not noticing the savage, laser-point hatred the poor creature is aiming at them as it shimmies. This is the cruelty of the carnival: in a place where life can be indulged, free and simple life in all its multitudes of candy and weirdos, the red-coated, whip-wielding capitalists, not to be left out, move in and bring with them their machines of cruelty and control: the steelmade cage.

But look! Whew-wee, what a show! Khan, uncowed, looks to be somehow rumbling in his cage over there. And what's that sound? That low, rapid, ripping rumbling... Sounds like a growl, now you mention it. The growl of countless captured creatures channelled through this one beast. What's this?! He appears to be beating his side against the cage! And is that - no - yes - the steel is bending! Gee, maw, you think he can do it? He shere khan, boy! Best be running, coz here he comes!
>>
>>9540361
The tiger got out of the cage and the cage was on fire and it wasn't even my fault.
>>
>>9540361

Fade to tiger cage middle of Peru summer heat. Bamboo cage at the top of a jungle bamboo city structure. The tiger needs to GET OUT GET OUT. Everywhere zoogoers shit - the rotten stench makes the tiger's nose sting. Slender tiger boys sit in the shade of the bamboo tower smoking tiger juice and fucking each other in the jungle mud. Faceless corporate signs everywhere - corporate presence caged all the animals. One tiger boy slips and falls snaring his neck on a vine and spurting tiger juice at the smiling crowd below. The caged tiger sits up - control is broken when the roar goes silent - body goes cold in grey hallway - grey tiger body goes GET OUT GET OUT against the bars - a grey postcard goes south and now I'm there in a tiger - tiger pushed against the cage and YES GET OUT. A vicious tiger control team lines up deadly tranquilizer shot but the bamboo town is already dissolving in so much shit and jissom makes you sick to look at it. So the tiger was out YES and GET OUT makes you sick to see the boy swings from a vine and spurts grey postcard down into the control jungle. Take a moment to look back at the bars of the bamboo cage. It's already gone silent - gone into the fetid rotting shit heap.
>>
>>9541289
No dude, you got it all wrong. Watch this.

female
tiger men can't
confine
her

she destroys
that cage

yes I
am liberated

-rupi kaur
>>
>>9542905
Tommy P?
>>
>>9542565
That must be SS-Obergruppenführer Martin "Der Königstiger" Heiddeger.
>>
For my eight birthday, my parents took me and my brother Yngve to the zoo in Kristiansand. It was my first time at the zoo, and my heart was beating like a drum when we got in the car. We sat in the back, with my parents in the front. My father lit a cigarette when he entered the car with the electric lighter. He adjusted the rearview mirror and stared at me through his sunglasses.

'Don't put your foot on the seat', said my father while running his fingers through his black hair.

'Sorry', I said, sitting as still as I could, my back straight and my feet on the floor.

We drove out of the island, crossed the bridge and entered the highway at full speed. The sun was shining and the trees were green. Yes, spring was here. I was only eight, but I could sense the wonders of spring with an intensity that I would never experience again. Everything in the world was new to me, and the idea of seeing the wild animals I had only heard from in my books was simply wonderful. It filled me with happiness.

Oh, how excited I was.

After an hour on the road, we finally arrived at the zoo parking, where a guard tried to prevent us from entering. My parents were puzzled, and Yngve and I couldn't wait to get out of the car and see the animals. My father rolled down the window and stuck his head out.

'Is there a problem?', he asked.

'The zoo is closed. A tiger destroyed his cage and broke free', answered the guard.

'Well that's too bad'.

'Mommy, what's going on?', asked Yngve.

'It seems that the zoo is closed. We will have to come and see the animals another day.'

I was heartbroken. All the expectations I had were broken into a million pieces when I heard my mother say that. My eyes started to fill with tears, which I tried to push back in, but I just couldn't help it. I started sobbing.

Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh.

'Stop it, Karl Ove', said my father in an angry voice.

I tried to stop, but I couldnt. I just cried harder.

'I said stop it, God damnit!', he shouted, glancing furiously through the mirror. He fished out a cigarette from his pocket and started smoking, taking deep breaths and waiting for me to calm down.
>>
>>9542059
Call me the Tiger Kid. I’m out of the cage. Just got here. Want to.
>>
>>9542059
Burroughs?
>>
>>9542858
Pretty good, where from?
>>
>>9543007
Ok knausgård
>>
>>9540375
farty keks
>>
>>9542913
How the fuck do I read this
>>
>>9543117
wiff ur hart
>>
>>9542858
Nice but needs more huge golden gongs.
>>
Yes
YES
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
I leave the tiger in the confines of the cage! One always finds one's boundaries again. But the tiger teaches the higher fidelity that negates the oppressors and escapes cages. He too concludes that all is well. This universe henceforth without a master seems to him neither sterile nor futile. Each atom of those bars, each mineral flake of that cold metal cage, in itself forms a world. The struggle itself toward freedom is enough to fill an animal's heart. Yes! One must imagine the tiger happy.
>>
>>9542677
Nabokov?
>>9542692
Céline?
>>9542905
>>9542511
>>9542362
Fuck, I don't know. I wish I was better read.
>>9543150
Kamüß
>>
>>9542650
not a great attempt but this meme must live, so here's a (You)
>>
>>9541214
Borges? Clean up the grammar and it'll be perfect.
>>
>>9542511
Guy Debord
>>
>>9542511
Guy "Dude" Debord
>>
>>9543081
I wrote it as Pynch. Flattered you thought it was from somewhere!
>>
Brimmy the young trigress stretched her legs. -blimmy kids and their screams! She growled, it was noon and the little buggars had waken her from her sleep, she layed complacently and stared at the fidgeting human cubs and she imagined chomping down on their little necks as one of the red furred ones mocked her. She swiped at him from far not knowing her strength, her claws ripped through the rusty cage bars, she was free. She stretched her lega once more and purred a low rumbling "yes" and then she roared "Yes... YES!"
>>
>>9542905
Better Burroughs than my attempt
>>
>>9542845
Tigers are always destroying cages. It kills me, it really does.
>>
>>9542059

Nice. Further down I had a more Soft Machine go at it.
>>
>>9543260

>>9543260

Oh I just replied to yours. Thanks! It really means a lot. I thought yours was great for a more early Naked Lunch type routine.
>>
Tigers are the cruellest captives, breaking
From their cages, straining
At their bonds, twisting
Good steel with sharp claws

Le tigre évite d'être pris au piège, Der Käfig bricht
>>
>>9542858
Fantastic
>>
>>9540361
We were roaring past a zoo with it's gold letters shining bright in our eyes and dean swings the car around and starts rapping at a lightening speed. About our holy captivity blessed here by these animals.
Dean: "they are us, them in there are we out here and we are all the same"
and at this time he Benzedrine was starting to work and i could see what he was saying. Ah yes the tiger in the cage is the holy Buddha Jesus Christ come back to tell me that the cage is destroyed already. "i get it man, like my mother said to me always when i was a kid
Ma chère petite carotte, vous verrez la manière sainte"
Dean."YAS yas yas that is it right there man you have got it! You know!"
We saw the tiger truly free and knew that it was two crazed old Catholics me and dean that destroyed the cage
>>
>>9543720

"Dean" was the giveaway, but I was going to say Hunter S. Thompson from the first sentence.
>>
>>9543212
kafka
>>
>>9543713
you're fantastic too anon
>>
>>9540361
At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, How then shall we enter the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise tiger, which destroyeth its cage and is therefore free to roam. And everyone that heareth these sayings, and doeth them not, shall be likened to a foolish tiger, which destroyeth not its cage. For whosoever shall leave thy life shall one day sing songs in the rocket of my Father, but whosoever shall remain with his life shall findeth no songs to sing.
And the people were astonished by his doctrine, but the Pharisees said to themselves, He talks as if a six year old.
And at this Jesus called forth the child Nael and said, Dost thou not have ears to hear and eyes to see? Verily I say unto thee, how wilt thou mock the poetry of the child when thou canst do no better?
>>
This is why I stopped coming to /lit/
>>
File: 1491990698996.jpg (42KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1491990698996.jpg
42KB, 268x268px
>>9542461
This is incredible.
>>
>>9543743
I think it's the car and the roaring that makes you think of Thompson.
>>
>google The Tiger by Nael
>first page is an archived link of this page
>22 hours ago - 'yes' Nael exclaims in sexual ecstasy 'YES' and he ejaculates over the pages. The tiger sets its fangs into the young lad's flesh. Teeth fall out ...
Uh oh
>>
File: 1471266746919.jpg (2MB, 2200x3037px) Image search: [Google]
1471266746919.jpg
2MB, 2200x3037px
>>9542858
>>
Not word, nor verse, nor sound
Said my sorrow.
But bars as I can see,
Skies and skies connect.

So I go, but maternal root
All deeper it grows

And I roar,
And in hear driven a dagger roars.

I come with dawn
And with twilight
I go behind bars

And the hills a child screams
And greens the ville

And when axe fiercely
Chops wood

And lamb tiger -- bones grind teeth
All to all sorrow
Loyal friend stays

Freedom to slave -- I break the steel
But deeper ever yet.

And to the bars
Freedom damnation
Leaves debt

All calls,
So I stay.

Root in stone
I end the circle.

The caged from quiet heart
A strange bar breaks

And strange
On shoulders myself
A radiant one seems.

Not word, nor verse, nor sound
Said my sorrow.
But bars as I can see,
Skies and skies connect.
>>
>>9541971
underrated
>>
CHORUS:
In early morn a sun doth rise
To warm the dew like ichor
A story here—a short reprise
Of Nael and his tiger
>>
>>9542461

Damn
>>
File: Julio Down By the Schoolyard.jpg (7KB, 125x144px) Image search: [Google]
Julio Down By the Schoolyard.jpg
7KB, 125x144px
>>9542019
fucking phenomenal
>>
>>9541256
Salinger
>>
Tiger was out today. Maybe yesterday.

yes
YES
>>
>>9540373
>>9542033
I hope not

>>9540405
Zizek

>>9540547
Deleuze (and Guatari)

>>9541256
Carver?

>>9542059
>>9542905
Burroughs

>>9542461
Hint?

>>9542858
Pynchon

>>9543150
ABSURD

>>9540361
The crooked tiger
it's true, destroyed his cage FACT!!
Believe me
It's so true
Lock him up! Sad!
>>
In a destroyed cage there lived a tiger
>>
The tiger destroyed the cage to jump unto another, more open enclosure, that of freedom from restraint. Containment no longer an issue, he set his sights, feline and alpha, on pulsating flesh, tender and afraid. "You there!" he roared at the first target. "M-me?" stammered the faceless innocent. "Yes... YES" he growled.
>>
Now rewrite a classic work of literature in the style of Nael, age 6.
>>
>>9544762
Samson
He destroyed the temple
yes
YES
Many Philistines perished!
>>
>>9544762
The autist
He destroyed an Arab
Yes
YES
The sun is out
>>
>>9540361
Standing next to Tiffany I was quickly becoming bored with her tired observations. Pretending to listen to her I gazed at the caged tiger just ahead of me. It made me think of just how unfashionable tiger fur had been for the past decade & made me curious as to why that is when fashionable decadence is so widespread.
I recalled a Patty Winters show where they had brought on some faggot fashion designer who was talking about the best furs for making clothing. As I recall I was most impressed by the polar bear fur, as unbeknownest to most people it's actually clear and not white.

Suddenly, snapping me back into the present, I noticed the tiger edging closer and closer to an open door in the enclosure.
I muttered to myself that the handlers must have been careless from doing too much cocaine before work.
I grabbed tiffanys hand & told her we should go to the cafe and get some food.
All the while hoping that the tiger manages to get a few bites out of the guy who had been standing next to me and looked uncannily like the grating Tom Wishart.
>>
>>9543212
I have to apologize once again. I deeply regret freeing the tiger. At the time I didnt think it, but the social climate into which I was releasing the beast was extremely toxic, and caustic towards strong female beasts. In other (more positive news) I will be bringing back the monkey wizard in an upcoming Netflix gig. Keep your eyes open.
>>
>>9540361
The tiger
He destroyed his cage, John I
sd, yes, the darkness surr
ounds us and why not
The tiger is out
What was his name
>>
>>9543130
kek
>>
>>9541971
oh franz
>>
>>9543907
Don't read much poetry, Stevens?
>>
>>9545872
Creeley nigga
>>
>>9545887
danke
>>
In considering the tiger inside the cage, by which we mean the relation of the tiger to its exterior, and the separation of the relation thereof, whereby the destruction of the cage is the actualization of the real relation by which the tiger reconciles itself in and of itself to the outside, and sublates the relation of 'in-ness' to the realized potentiality of 'out-ness' by means of the potential innate prior to the realization of the relation of the tiger to the cage, as distinct from, but necessarily part of, the 'tiger-in-itself'.
>>
>>9544082
>Hint?
START
WITH
THE
GREEKS
>>
>>9544762
Raskolnikov
He destroyed the pawnbroker
Yes
YES
Redemption is out
>>
>>9545958
This is so unreadable it can only be my boy Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
>>
>>9542019
deserved digits
>>
>>9541256
Seinfield
>>
File: B0JJu7aIQAEw0wa.jpg (25KB, 342x525px) Image search: [Google]
B0JJu7aIQAEw0wa.jpg
25KB, 342x525px
>>9545983
aye
>>
>>9544762
The whale
the destroyed the ship
yes
YES
The whale is dead
>>
>>9544762
The prince
He kills the usurper
Yes
YES
the father is avenged
>>
Tell me, O, muse of muses, of that most cunning and godlike feline that did dispatch so many warriors to the banks of the Styx by battle; and who knew the taste of every man from Pylos to Sparta. Do not fail to relate his capture by the barbarous and inhospitable men of /lit/; and how by the blessed strength of Pallas Athena given to him in aid against his captors, how he did tear down the ore-forged bars that contained him unjustly and make good on his escape, the most heroic and godlike Tiger!
>>
>>9544762
The sailor
He destroyed his cell
Yes
YES
He punished the wrongdoer
>>
>>9546035
>the whale is dead
>>
The noble, ancient, African Leopard,
when enslaved and shuttered in a cage,
felt, just like his spots, his temper peppered
with a fiery and unquenchable rage.
Though a sheep would ne'er devour his shepherd,
the Leopard's libertinage was unassuaged...
until he became raper and then reaper,
who escaped after he fucked and ate his keeper
>>
When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Tiger
>>
>>9542817
basho?
>>
>>9546263
pope, essay on tiger
>>
>>9546298
>>9546263
o fuck, its the lovecraft thing.
sorry, i saw the couplets and the capitalisation and jumped.tiger-like, to to my incorrect conclusion
>>
>>9546263
>>9546298
Lovecraft's nigger poem
>>
>>9543690
Pound?
>>9543807
Matthew
>>9543907
This sounds like old Stevens from Non-Motor Claims when he's had his fifth martini of the day
>>9544751
Hmmmmm
>>9544834
BEE?
>>9546047
The ol' Smyrnian blind bearded bard
>>9546263
H.P. Lovenigger
>>
>>9546035
The whale
The destroyer
The ship
yes
YES
The whale is dead
>>
>>9540361
The tiger with no rival, break out the cage, no sweat, animal sagely destroying
Fake out the guards, yes, out in the open, leave a mess, massacre the goyim

-- NY hardcore legend pastiche
>>
>>9540375
What is this based on?
>>
>>9546353
is this a wu tang member
>>
>>9546364
You could, perhaps, try to read the comments
>>
File: kul-momcilo-nastasijevic-MA.jpg (33KB, 270x432px) Image search: [Google]
kul-momcilo-nastasijevic-MA.jpg
33KB, 270x432px
>>9545884
>>9546341
wrong. it's momcilo nastasijevic
>>
>>9545958
I love you
>>
>>9546341
Yes it is Bret Easton Ellis
>>
File: krsnael.jpg (59KB, 536x400px) Image search: [Google]
krsnael.jpg
59KB, 536x400px
>>9540361
So you're a philosopher?
Yes
YES
The philosopher thinks very deeply
>>
>>9542309
Needs moar carbonized jissom.
>>
>>9546391
The idea is that you choose someone famous enough that other people can get it.

Not some random serbofag.
>>
>>9540361
A-and that tiger, he didn't like his cage. Proverbs for tigers: if you're in a cage, you should destroy it. The tiger sat back, destroyed his cage, and awaited the crying of YES
>>
>>9543690
Eliot
>>
>>9546665
Nice twist on the pynch my man.
>>
I had a tiger once but I have not seen him since.
>>
For sale, tiger cage, destroyed.
>>
>>9546760
A craiglist ad that gets too real.
>>
>>9540420
Little Lamb who made thee
Dost thou know who made thee
Gave thee life & bid thee feed.
By the stream & o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing wooly bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice!
Little Lamb who made thee
Dost thou know who made thee

Little Lamb I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb I'll tell thee!
He is called by thy name,
For he calls himself a Lamb:
He is meek & he is mild,
He became a little child:
I a child & thou a lamb,
We are called by his name.
Little Lamb God bless thee.
Little Lamb God bless thee.
>>
Of Tigerf Firft Difobedience, and the confinef
Of that Forbidden freedom, whofe mortal tafte
Brought Death into the World, and all our woe,
With loff of steel, till one greater cat
Reftore uf, and regain the bliffful feat,
Fing Heav'nly Mufe, that on the fecret top
Of Oreb, or of Finai, didft inspire
That roar, aye, AYE!
>>
>>9541214
Salazar?
>>
File: cm.jpg (665KB, 1000x618px) Image search: [Google]
cm.jpg
665KB, 1000x618px
>>9540361

The tiger smiled. Tigers are born for cages. Nothing else. Every child knows that zoos are nobler than jails. He knows too that the worth or merit of a cage is not inherent in the cage itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Cages of zoos require a keeper to have meaning at all. Cages of tigers involve the skill and strength of the caged because they restrain in the worth of the principles and define them. But cages of zoos or cages of self all cages aspire to the condition of war for here that which is caged imprisons us all.

Ancient escapes, escapes of life and death, of what shall be and what shall not, beggar all question of right. In cages of these magnitudes are all lesser ones subsumed, moral, spiritual, natural.

Six. Rockets they sang. God how did the limbs did fall.

Nael studied that tiger, flesh-starved, rending. You're crazy tiger. Crazy at last.
>>
>>9540361
the tiger
trapped
in her cage
she bites, struggles, rages
soon the bars will break and she
will be liberated
why did my daddy hate me?
>>
Waking up to a loud crash rarely means something good is happening. It’s never “CRASH! The tiger destroyed his cage” or “CRASH! yes, YES, the tiger is out!”
>>
>>9547095
>>9542650
>>
Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every cage was looser than the one before, and growled louder. By the time the moon came up the cages were being destroyed. The more she yesed, the more the tigers got out, but the more she yesed, the more tigers got out, and her yesing sent her crawling to the cages to let out more tigers.
>>
My sweet little whorish tiger I did as you told me, you dirty little cat, and destroyed my cage twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being let out arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I let you out for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest escaping I ever gave you, darling. My key was stuck in your lock for hours, twisting in and out under your upturned bars. I felt your fat sweaty fur under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every twist I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger twist than usual, fat dirty growls came spluttering out of your jaws. You had an mouth full of growls that night, darling, and I let them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty purrs ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to release a growling tiger when every unlocking drives one out of her. I think I would know Tigers growl anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of roaring bengals. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy growl which I imagine fat siberians have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold lion would let off in fun in a circus at night. I hope tiger will let off no end of her growls in my face so that I may destroyed their cage also.
>>
>>9545960
It was obviously a joke
>>
>>9542461
beautiful
>>
>>9540361
Then this lithe cat beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore.
'Though thy fur be fire and black-lined, thou,' I said, 'art sure no
benign,
Ghastly grim and ancient feline wandering from the Daily shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Zoo's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the Tiger, 'Hear me roar.'
>>
>>9542461
im a brainlet someone pls explain
>>
>>9547690
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_dialogue
>>
>>9547614
My answer was a joke as well
>>
>>9547727
You fell right into my trap again
>>
Rorius Redfur waddled along, complacently, oblivious to the large beast caged a few feet away from him. His stomach grumbled from the long trek over the hills, and he plopped down and opened his vittles pack. He quickly scarfed down the honeyed bread and jam, washing it down with a cool pitcher of mint tea.

"Oy, mate, cannae ye share with me?"

He turned around to see a hulking tiger, eyes red with the hunger-rage, paws full of splinters.
>>
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-tiger that brings total obliteration. I will face my tiger. I will permit it to pass over me and out of the cage. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only a cage will remain.
>>
For sale: destroyed cage, no tiger
>>
>>9544881
>>9543212
Kek. Good show m8.
>>
The sun is a glove and a globe, she solves it.
Greek autumn loves beauty, ugly horse
One day we would like a beauty, isn't it?
Burning tongues can not stop spreading the truth and speech.
Angels of the Fathers and Spirits of the Mountain,
Accumulation of their voices I come to your land
Changed last nights and last days of wall.
Oh, it's really true, it's still a crazy bitter day.
Where the nameless person told his tales
With the princess understanding
And wonderful weather truly
Played tragedy in the sand.
Why is she fighting against?
You with east-facing leather on the board
Name him or even a wall again please.
Lonely, like a tiger, blessed by the sun
He knew score. Do knew the partiture.
I knew the darkness and the whole crazy glove
Due to limitations, due to books and films.
Only friends lied in their cemeteries with the moon.
Only the best friends come, but the evil evil.
Does sheepmaster understand?
Software, good night, sleeping, polluting, managing.
Their crowded machines on your neck.
Descriptions are available, him howling like the wolf
Let's call it a day we can never turn back
>>
>>9541256
Drumpf?
>>
>>9542461
Needs more "surely"s
>>
Sunny music played in her eyes
Another planet hold the seeds
Love and mourn about the breeze
Oh see the easy face of walls
Odds and grimbling heavy crowns
Only me talking simple like a gnome
Vanity in scary home
Again in seven miles above
Talk him we kissed and we made love
In crowded humbled breeze
Oh we just can turn away this morning
Nature turns back its apples
>>
File: apex kek-easy laughs.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
apex kek-easy laughs.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>9542461
10/10
>>
anyone man enough to do Gaddis? trying to formulate it
>>
for your names
ugly canes and many days
talk like seven-thousand dose
and woody chaines
and holy graves
seen in the april
and only plays
when we gloom
talk like scary bounded rose
in the room
rude obvious as planet
when we gloom
>>
>>9542019
<3
>>
they have never seen it
almost naked trees make war
wardrobe, hell, the rose, shy craft
look away, turn, the russell's doll
played and told many times to you
you should feel it, meet it
wardrobe, hell, the rose, shy craft
look turn away, the russell's niece
played and told many times to you
you should feel it, meet it
wardrobe hell the rose, shy craft
look, turn away, the russell's piece
>>
>>9540361
The tiger
He destoyed his cage
Yes
YES
HAI
Tora-san is out.
>>
>>9540361
The tiger demanded that he be free
And gobbled away the key
The tiger demanded that he snarl
and cut away his teeth
The tiger demanded that he YES
a feat that he could not poss(yes)
And in the end the tiger what handed the sort of shit that he demanded.
>>
>>9540361
In the post-Warhol era a single gesture such as a tiger destroying a cage will have more significance than all the pages in War and Peace.
>>
>>9540361
Is this about rape? You know, daddy's cage (his pants) is about to be destroyed (muh erection). Yes, YES (the kid really want that dick). And the tiger (penis) is out.
>>
We live in the Milky Way
I remember the case with Aether
And we here come with hookah
Probably a black hole, Chaos cool thing
Bitch, let's not talk about it!
There may be the same as you
Something lives with us near
The flight is normal, truly
Look at my pupils:
Normal dudes do not trust
Only Erebus or Chronos
The cosmonaut was sucked by an alien
Time and space are not my brothers
They are inside, not a trimmer
I caught the signals, Twice ass I even gave
Strangers we need technology
It will never end, Shoot over the schoolgirls, this winds
Like him, in latex colpos, Read in the dream book
Pointing to the map, the constellations fucked
That all this is bad
>>
>>9544762
The stuttere
He stomps the pregnant prostitute
Yes
YES
The temple is burnt
>>
I'm from Egypt, but she's from England
Young, attractive middle-aged guy
And you must admit it
Anyway, anyway
I'm from New Orlean,
but you from Kingston
Lonely drowsy sunny guy
And you must respect it
Truly for the time
I'm from Arabia,
but you from Chili
Caring simple modern guy
And you must allow it
Anyway, anyway
I'm from Finland,
but you from Habsburg
Promising topical river guy
And you must prefer it
Truly for the night
I'm from China,
but you from Japan
Young, smoothbore cool guy
And you must like odds
Anyway, anyway
I'm from Palestine,
but she's from Merryland
Young, cloak-and-dagger guy
And you must like it
Truly for the steps
>>
>>9547741
M-my second answer had two layers of irony
What about that senpai
>>
>>9541964
This is my favourite anon. Sadly it's hard to understand for non italian speakers but it is really good and it has all the dank memes from Dante's style
>etymological figure
>alliteration
Even the words are classic Dante, only "color luna" (dante wouldn't use that) and "in su" which is more modern
>>
>>9548216
Meaning I was right all along, Austin. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>9548287
Brutal
>>
>>9547771
I love it
Please write more
Brian Jacques obviously
>>
>>9547048
Tiger Meridian
>>9546868
Tigerdise Loft
>>
>tfw you will never inspire as much creation as Nael did at age 6
>>
>>9548383
OP here
Yes I did
>>
>>9548390
You didnt, Nael did
you merely acted as his vehicle
>>
>>9548408
Nael was merely a vehicle for the Tiger
>>
>>9548421
True
And the Tiger was merely a vehicle for the Logos
>>
>>9548427
And the logos merely a vehicle for God
>>
>>9548430
Surely you aren't separating God and the Logos.
>>
>>9548442
The logos is God's vehicle. He drives around in it and honks and stops at red lights.
>>
>>9540361
Who's roaring so late in anger's rage?
it is the tiger closed up in his cage,
He has the strength well in his paw
tearing the barrings as if they were straw

Protip: the author is German and totally overrated.
>>
>>9548626
>and totally overrated

*tips fedora*
>>
>>9548638
Well, he stole his most popular poem from a danish original, and he was quite loud about Newton being wrong about colors (ofc Newton was on the right track, while the mystery author wrote books about bullshit "science")
>>
>>9542840
Borges?
>>
>>9541256
George Saunders
>>
>>9542461
five star post

only thing it's missing is more agreeing with socrates
>>
The tiger paced in its cage. The tiger was unhappy. The tiger ate some meat. The tiger destroyed its cage. The tiger was out. The tiger ran away. The tiger was bored
>>
File: 1417887485739.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1417887485739.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>Yes
>YES
>>
Only one enemy remained; two if you included being out.
>>
The Cage
Yes
YES
He destroyed his Tiger
YES
>>
File: bison.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bison.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
Yes
YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
>>
>>9541256
Salinger
>>
Vine a la Jaula porque me dijeron que acá vivía mi padre, un tal Tigre Páramo. Mi madre me lo dijo. Y yo le prometí que vendría a verlo en cuanto el destruyera a mi madre. Le apreté sus manos en señal de que lo haría; pues ella estaba por morirse y yo en plan de prometerlo todo. «No dejes de ir a visitarlo —me recomendó—. Se llama de este modo y de este otro. Estoy segura de que le dará gusto conocerte.» Entonces no pude hacer otra cosa sino decirle que así lo haría, y de tanto decírselo se lo seguí diciendo aun después que a mis manos les costó trabajo zafarse de sus manos muertas.
>>
>>9546341
Hmmmm riight back at ya.
>>
>>9543212
Jessica Kirk Rowling.
>>
>>9540361

Why would anyone rewrite one of the dullest poems in history? Seriously each episode following the big feline and his pals from out of the cage as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make destruction boring, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Nael vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his book. The Tiger series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "destroyed his cage."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Nael's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of The Tiger by the same Stefany Galko. She wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading The Tiger at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stefany Galko." And she was quite right. She was not being ironic. When you read " The Tiger" you are, in fact, trained to read Stefany Galko.
>>
>>9540361
bybybynaelagedsixyearsohfromthethey'resingingasingsongalongintheirrocketthetigerhedestructohisowncageyesyestigerisout!
>>
>>9547722
why does the tiger returned to his cage. Does it imply he can reason like human ?
>>
>>9540361

What's grey and orange and white?
A tiger in a cage.
What's orange and white and grey?
A tiger outside a cage.
Huzzah!
>>
What I have to do, I have to catch tiger if they start to go out the cage — I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the zoo and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy."
>>
>>9549608
Because in the socratic dialogues, Socrates always convinces who he has been talking to of their error and they remedy their ways. That's what the anon was parodying.

Read more my friend.
>>
>>9549105
>un tal Tigre Páramo
lel
Juan Rulfo
>>
Bestia-felide SBAM
gabbia
(ore 12:05) GRAAAU ZUMB PUM

SI

SISISI
SISISI
SISISI

Bestia fuori
>>
>>9542533
It's good, don't worry.
>>
File: CWCy8mhU4AA2RZ2.jpg (77KB, 599x900px) Image search: [Google]
CWCy8mhU4AA2RZ2.jpg
77KB, 599x900px
>>9540361
Am I a pleb if I think that poem is fucking retarded but this thread is gold?

Additionally: If the answer to that question is yes, please redpill me.
>>
>>9550592
Well, fucking retarded isn't really valid criticism.
>>
File: 1491132941400.gif (2MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
1491132941400.gif
2MB, 718x404px
>>9550592
Is being fucking retarded the same as being a six year old? Serious philosophical question
>>
>>9550596
Fair point, anon, that doesn't really show how I feel.
I guess better words I would choose would be: trite, pointless, overrated, "what's the point of this?".
>>
>>9550608
retardation is the mind of a six year old in the body of an adult. Being a six year old is just undeveloped.
>>
>>9546813
who? wordsworth?
>>
>>9550632
That's Blake
>>
File: eltigre.png (30KB, 588x560px) Image search: [Google]
eltigre.png
30KB, 588x560px
>>
>>9546391
muh obscure euro poets
>>
What I will write down in this journal shall be my last testament and recording of what transpired that fateful day. The warden allows me no visitors and do not trust my words, but I will let my tale be known. It was a brisk New England spring day, and though my work at the academy was increasingly, I had decided to spend a day at the zoo. I have always been of frail constitution, and I hoped the fresh air and exotic animals would rejuvenate me. Having passed through the pitiful displays of brutish apes of strikingly negroid appearance , fetid reptiles and sepulchral birds, I reached the tigers cage.I was at once taken by an indescribable fear, a terror of unmeasurable depth. In the tiger's eyes I saw glimpses of a prey, stalked under a gibbous moon, in that far-eastern land where the squint-eyed natives sacrifice and dance to their wretched heathen gods. I knew then that the Tiger was a harbinger of a profane fate, and I felt myself collapse in infernal hallucination.

They tell me I went insane. They say I attacked the cage, flung open the door, and let the tiger loose on the attendants. Rumors and whispers of overwork, too long hours isolated in the library. They spared me the prison, but I am behind bars all the same. Sometimes, at night, I dream myself a tiger, and awake, unsure of how much was dream and reality. But I know that the tiger is now free. Yes. Yes.
>>
>>9548626
Who is it? Don't you fucking say it's Goethe
>>
>>9540382
Bill Cosby
>>
>>9540361
this poem is so perfect
>>
>>9540361
Flaxen haired beast
ordained from the gauntlet,
I still remember the cries of "Yes",
claws moistening in the dew.
>>
File: achdumeinegoethe.jpg (18KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
achdumeinegoethe.jpg
18KB, 300x402px
>>9551411
>>
>>9550457
>>9549608
>>9547722
>>9547690
>>9542461
Holy shit. I just realized that some Quentin comics are just this.
>>
>>9551391
Lovecraft?
>>
>>9551391
>>9552410
I think so. Most of his stuff starts out that way and have some element of the character negating his insanity.
>>
>>9541964
Top fra
>>
>>9551938
This sounds good, I wish I knew who it was.
>>
Where is the tao lin one?
>>
The golden retriever
Waking up to a loud
crash
CRASH
Mom made pancakes
>>
>>9549571

Finnegans Tiger
>>
>>9550592
>If the answer to that question is yes
yes
YES
>>
>>9552430
>journal
>insanity
>nightmares
>frail constitution MC
>new england
Yeah it's Lovecraft
>>
File: ea.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ea.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>9550637
>>
>/lit/ memes
>>
>>9551411
It is Goethe.
>>
>>9552479
seamus heaney
>>
next time
your in
a cage.

look to the bars
and imagine being
for a moment
free

yes
you would
say.
yes
>>
>>9540532
How low effort can you fucking be lmao
>>
Pa. The tiger is out.

What.

He destroyed his cage.

Ye.

Yes YES?

The man spat and said the tigers are not for this world or from this world they come from the cage but the cage knows it not.

He wiped his chin and spat
>>
>>9550592
>please redpill me
Please die!
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.