[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7466.jpg (47KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7466.jpg
47KB, 620x349px
Discuss.
>>
>>9536137
Disgusting how women, blacks, and gays wanted rights all of a sudden.
>>
>first half of that timeline probably represents 500 times less books than the second half
Wonderful sample
>>
>>9536151
>doesn't know the difference between less and fewer
>>
how about you explain what the fuck the this chart means first.
>>
>>9536159
It means capitalism and liberal democracy is a cancer
>>
>>9536159
The appearance of words in all the books cataloged in Google by year. Since 1950 books talk increasingly more about rights of man and increasingly less about duties of man.
>>
Interesting but ultimately meaningless when the context of each use cannot be known.
>>
>>9536158
>Doesn't use punctuation, doesn't start a sentence with a capital letter.
>>
>>9536180
>comma splice run-on sentence
>>
>>9536184
Stylistic rather than grammatical correction, try again.
>>
>>9536196
I hope your parents tried again.
>>
>>9536204
Well, in my case they at least tried.
>>
>>9536137
>>9536173
hell yea dude I read Starship Troopers too lmao
>>
>>9536137
Whoa, it's almost as if something very important happened in the early 1900s, to make people question these ideas. What might that be?
>>
>>9536137
whose rod dreher here
>>
File: 1461519272176.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461519272176.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>9536137
Entitlement is the future, man grows ever more abstracted from god and nature.
>>
>>9537153

I've heard that in the States, welfare is referred to as an "entitlement program."
>>
>>9536325

Dunno, its almost as if the very foundation of pre-20th century society destroyed itself through war or something
>>
>>9536137
Fascinating.

Is duty's decline a product of nihilistic thought brought through the rise of existentialism and the bleak reality of the World Wars?

There seems a correlation in time.

Did the decline of the Christian view to suffering give rise to the demand for things which are ours by "right?"

I suspect the answer is 'yes,' on both counts, but I am not a historian.

I also suspect the increasingly transient nature of societal modes of living engendered an uptake in self-oriented worldviews - as the self is an immutable architectural feature of an otherwise ephemeral world.

Similarly, the increasingly globalist nature of society and theology is an erosive force against human social barriers like nations, religion, and capital. As familiarity with the "other" increases, the desire to make the unknown known likewise increases.

I suspect this trend jeopardizes the prominence of duty to all things; the further removed from the subject, the more jeopardized the abstraction.

However, "self" remains an, as yet, immutable social barrier. Still, even the desire for its dissolution became more evident along this timeline. Whitman's "Leaves of Grass," appears shortly after the cresting of duty's prominence takes place.

Fascinating - and now we are on the cusp of stabilization or destabilization.

What fresh wind catches the sails?
>>
>>9537536

It's funny, we have a tendency to focus on the middle of the 20th century as the most important time in all history, when objectively--as shown in this chart-- the 19th century was far more interesting.
>>
>>9537545
Yes, I'd have to agree that it was very interesting.

It seems man largely thought in even terms on his duties or rights for most of the 19th century.

In one chart we have the adolescent struggles of the West as it wavers between Individualism and Nationalism (or any other group-oriented 'ism.').

I say adolescence, but I do not mean it in the sense of a singular event. Rather, Man is cyclically born and reborn in a variety of ways, and is eternally adolescent.

This illustrates one adolescence in particular.

One which is still underway, I surmise.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.