[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Dominic O'Brien?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 9684328.jpg (62KB, 318x456px) Image search: [Google]
9684328.jpg
62KB, 318x456px
Thoughts on Dominic O'Brien?
>>
does it counteract the effects of cannabis use on memory?
>>
I can't remember
>>
>>9535452
this book wasn't very memorable
>>
File: jh.jpg (114KB, 736x1045px) Image search: [Google]
jh.jpg
114KB, 736x1045px
I started looking into how to improve my memory and stuff so I picked this up. Kevin Vost has a couple of different books like this, I wonder if they're any good. From what I've gathered he uses the methods to remember things that Aquinas did.
>>
I've always been skeptical of any sort of memory enhancing techniques. Is there any validity to this stuff or is just some self-help nonsense?
>>
>>9535723
>>9535452
Does any of this boil down to more than "dude memory palace lmao"?
>>
>>9536006

Most of the "memory" books use the same or similar techniques. Its the exercise sections that tend to make a difference. The other thing is the techniques help you memorize but not actually comprehend information. It also won't help with shit like remembering your keys when you leave the house.

Reading the books and studying the techniques is only a small part of increasing your memory skills. The hardest part is practicing the techniques almost on a daily basis to make it a habit and second nature/reflexive.

Look for books by Dominic O'Brien, Harry Lorayne and Kenneth L. Higbee.

They can help you with memory but how much depends on your latent ability and how much you are willing to study and practice at it.
>>
>>9536097
nice reddit spacing
>>
>>9536125

I'll try posting in one long run on sentence in the future.
>>
bump for more insights
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.