[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on him. Why does he put Chinese characters smack-bang-in-the-middle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (3KB, 113x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 113x144px
Redpill me on him. Why does he put Chinese characters smack-bang-in-the-middle of some Cantos?
>>
>>9534597
Because he's peak pseud
>>
>>9534597
https://books.google.com/books?id=khNMqQUEAPMC&printsec=frontcover&dq=fenollosa+chinese+written+character&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjniJfFtoHUAhUs6YMKHX4NCKoQuwUILzAG#v=onepage&q&f=false

Read the last essay on the Chinese written character. It is HEAVILY edited by Pound to for his agenda, and may help give some perspective on why he liked Chinese characters. Note that this is more about what Pound thinks of the characters than the characters themselves.

Its been a while since I've actually read it, but as I recall there are 2 important factors here. First, that the characters are visual representations of what they mean. Second, theyre verbal rather than nominal, showing the action/movement inherent in nature.

Since Pound is trying to create images with his poems, these characters are well suited to his purpose.
>>
>>9534597
>Redpill me
Kill yourself
>>
>>9534666
>Since Pound is trying to create images with his poems, these characters are well suited to his purpose.

Yeah if you're one of the miniscule minority of his readers who know both complex English and Hanzi
Fucking horseshit
>>
>>9534676
Being a Jew, I really should be used to this feeling of smugness for being a minuscule minority -- but I'm not.
>>
>>9534822
>Being a Jew

Stopped reading there
>>
File: erectdayflower.png (568KB, 720x767px) Image search: [Google]
erectdayflower.png
568KB, 720x767px
>>9534597
here op, instead of trying to get "redpilled" by a bunch of highschoolers/undergrads about one of the most complex poets in the english language, you can read a book instead.

https://mega.nz/#!QAAhnAKS!5tQFZX-jzRH3inSOg-rZZkWaE-3llEabt0LPG5WOYQE
>>
File: 1477521374321.jpg (47KB, 599x546px) Image search: [Google]
1477521374321.jpg
47KB, 599x546px
>>9534953
>flower posting pseud arrives to defend king pseud
>he presents zero (0) arguments

Huh I think I've seen this thread before
>>
>>9534597
Harold Bloom hates Pound, which means you should also.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (53KB, 350x470px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
53KB, 350x470px
>>9535158
He was right to. Pounds work is nothing but an immitation of poetry. He had practically no thoughts or emotions in his entire ouvre, likely from the fact he never had any in his head.

His kitsch reliance on "mathematizing" and other abstract language games serve only as his hiding place, where complexity is mistaken for quality by those who have no ability to comprehend the latter.

I have no qualms saying Pound is by far the worst writer in the entire history of the canon when contrasted by his reputation.
>>
File: cliffmaids-siskiyoulewisia.png (601KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
cliffmaids-siskiyoulewisia.png
601KB, 720x450px
>>9534994
arguments? for a question?

i'd ask you if you were retarded but you've already given me my answer

>>9535181
yeesh. is this some sort of pasta where you filled in the blanks with "Pound"? you could've just said "i don't understand ezra pound :(" and it'd have conveyed the same thing
>>
File: my child.jpg (16KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
my child.jpg
16KB, 360x360px
>>9535396
>is this some sort of pasta where you filled in the blanks with "Pound"?

Of course a fan of Pound would say this. Its what most of his choice of words come down to
>>
>Pound's Chinese works were inspired by Li Bai
More patrician than anyone on this site, t b h
>>
>>9535396
But
>>9535181
is absolutely right. Pound's 'translation' or 'paraphrasing' of the Anglo-Saxon poem 'The Seafarer' is terrible. If wouldn't be republished now if it wasn't because it was written by Pound.
>>
>>9535181
>>9535426
Holy shit that chin is repugnant.
>>
>>9535158
Harold Bloom is jewish and Pound did a great deal to expose jewish subversive machinations ... of course Bloom hates him.
>>
>>9535509
this is what someone who has never read him would say. read about his philosophy regarding translation and then you can wrap your feeble brain around why theyre significant
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.