[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the biggest blueballs in literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20170521_181929.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170521_181929.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Is this the biggest blueballs in literature?
>>
>>9534535
>he wants closure in books
MY SIDES
>>
>>9534535
No, in Haruki Murakami's Dance, Dance, Dance the main character (34 yo man) befriends a teenage girl and doesn't even fuck her and shit.
Sometimes I wanna live vicariously through my books. Not all the time, I get art ok? But sometimes. Fucking a tight little hardbody being her first time and whatnot, that's the male dream.
That's what Burke was talking about man, seriously.
Yeah it's not legal, it's not in great taste but you gotta bend the rules to have fun, you don't go to war over a 'lil pusspuss.
>>
>>9534535
This shit is unreadable to be honest.
>>
>>9534541
V. Ended in such a way where you could piece together what happened back to back. Here there is no true conclusion. Fuck me.
>>
>>9535100
That's the point, anon, you're not supposed to find the "truth" since there is none.
>>
>>9536474
>DUDE IT'S PURPOSEFULLY UNSATISFYING THATS THE POINT LMAO
yeah, that still doesn't make it fun or enjoyable to read desu, it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth
At least Gravity's Rainbow fixed this problem, that ending was awesome
>>
I own that edition of V but why
>>
>>9536639
>>9535100
>>9534535
Sorry, OP, but it's genuinely the point. Like Oedipa Maas, the reader follows through tangents, supposed clues, red herrings and interpretations/speculations into something bigger, and possibly like the reader, Oedipa Maas is a middle-of-the-road middle class American who wishes for more excitement in her life, making her obsession to uncover a supposed conspiracy more understandable, and it should be a little disappointing in the end since she's just been wasting her time. IMO The book was a lot of fun with an absurdist sense of humour - it's never boring despite there being no closure and nothing really to uncover.

I suppose you're right somewhat, it does give a sense of literary blue balls, if that's how you want to put it. It's basically suggesting not to get too hooked up on finding meaning in everything where there may not be any.
>>
>>9534581
Kek
>>
>>9538869
I thought some of it was hilarious
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.