[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you describe something kafkaesque ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: kafka.jpg (4KB, 176x234px) Image search: [Google]
kafka.jpg
4KB, 176x234px
How would you describe something kafkaesque ?
>>
kafkaesque
>>
work that thematically deals with frustration, alienation, anxiety, and futility in a disorienting, dreamlike manner.
>>
>>9533716
I find the word "modern" works.
>>
"Impotent" or "flaccid"
>>
jewish
>>
>>9533716
the dread and despair one feels when faced with inexplicable, absurd and surreal injustices - with the inability to do something about it.
>>
>>9533716
Something simple-seeming, short and fairytalesque that's almost impossible to get to the bottom of..
>>
>>9533943
This one is good
>>
>>9533733
>>9533740
>>9533934
>>9533935
>>9534222
Jesus fucking Christ, are you people serious? Fucking Americans

>>9533943
this is right
>>
>>9533943
Only good answer in this thread
>>
>>9534256
what the fuck mate
>>9533733 and >>9533943 are literally the same
>>
A situation that works by rules that everyone but you seems to understand and accept, but that are absurdly, tragicly disorientingly (and maybe funny) to you
>>
>>9534640
They're not. Kafkaesque is specifically about guilt. That guy just described your average existentialist novel.
>>
File: doodlebugger.png (386KB, 941x484px) Image search: [Google]
doodlebugger.png
386KB, 941x484px
>>9533716
Metatmorphosis of a Amerikan Castle in which there is a Trial held, resulting in bureaucratic angst, absurd verdict that is in itself descpriptive and aimless thoughts turning into something very K.
>>
>Holy shit, mom, I turned into a bug! Don't come in!

And this is supposed to be one of the greatest authors of the 20th century?
>>
>>9534816
>bug
>>
>>9533733
This plus daddy issues.
>>
>>9533716
Like a stress dream where you're trying to do something but all these things keep getting in the way.
>>
>>9533733
Kafka's protags are never really frustrated to a great extent, they're passively accepting of a world they're completely alienated from
>>
>>9534692
How can injustices be for instance inexplicable, anon? And why add 'guilt' to your final rendering of what it is to be Kafkaesque? I don't think you have a clue of what youre on about, and this in despite of your implied preferred non-American status. I stick therefore to my initial rendering which i'll reduce to a single word: gnomic. In a tale-like manner reminiscent of K, of course. In other words youre completely wrong, phoney Euro-posturing notwithstanding.
>>
>>9535105
this
>>
>>9533716
dude you're a bug lmao
>>
Being forced to watch my dad fuck my mom, and then feeling guilty about it. And then my dad fucks me with a flaccid penis.
>>
>>9536206
Where? Kafka's keen on where..
That group hug on the metro, for instance. And.. are (((you))) perhaps mice?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.