[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best position to read in?!?!?!?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1495172613881 (1).jpg (431KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495172613881 (1).jpg
431KB, 1400x1000px
Help!!!!!!!

Reading a 800+ page book. It's quite heavy. Thank you!
>>
>>9532337
Get a Kindle and read however you like
>>
>>9532339
No. I'm reading House of Leaves. I could never.
>>
Sit down in a comfy chair in a well-lighted room.
>>
>>9532339
>Here goy, get off that large screen so you can stare at a smaller screen and read. Don't forget that facebook and the like are only a tap away.
>>
>>9532339
i have a kindle but HoL has a unique format and plenty of footnotes i don't want to miss!
>>
Place the book on your lower stomach, using your erection to hold it at the right angle

It works pretty well
>>
>>9532337

>Someone built a whole continent worth of cityscape just to have a shitty peace symbol light from space

Anyways, do not stay in the same position for a large amount of time OP, no matter if using the PC or reading. Find a position on which you are comfortable enough to focus on reading (sitting on a couch with your knees a little higher than your OP pic then resting the book there with your arms might do the trick), with the least amount of having to look down as possible (don't keep your head down for long) and set a clock or something to get up and drink some water every hour or every 2 hours. You'll thank me in 30 years when you're still able to do long readings without being reminded by your body that you have completely fucked it up every 5 minutes.
>>
>>9532368
great choice, well lit room with fireplace classics from netflix on the TV
>>
>>9532463
<3 what are your choice of fireplace classics?!

i found a comfy reading position and am having the time of my life, but would love to do what you said and enjoy life that way! :) do tell?! <333333
>>
>>9532460
>"Someone built a whole continent worth of cityscape just to have a shitty peace symbol light from space" LMAO.

>do not stay in the same position for a large amount of time OP

great point! thanks for reminding me, wise one. yes i appreciate it! sometimes it's hard to find a good position only because certain desks can be really tall for me and having to rest my legs on a little stool while reading can be very restrictive.

> with the least amount of having to look down as possible (don't keep your head down for long) and set a clock or something to get up and drink some water every hour or every 2 hours. You'll thank me in 30 years when you're still able to do long readings without being reminded by your body that you have completely fucked it up every 5 minutes.

whew i love you! thank you and love you!

i always tell myself "this time i'm going to time myself reading and how many pages" but i only check the time when i start and by the time i finish my session, i forget what time i started. gone are the good days when i could read for hours and not have a care in the world!!!!!

i will do all that, thank you m'amour :)
>>
>>9532491
fireplace 4k classic crackling. Alternatively try the moving art but sometimes that can become distracting. But anyway enjoy <3
>>
File: 012.jpg (76KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
76KB, 600x836px
>>9532491
Delete your being
>>
>>9532521
fuck off beta scum who thinks he's patrick bateman

you're nothing like him
>>
>>9532491
are you a girl
>>
>>9532337
Suspended from the ceiling by hooks, it is surprisingly comfortable.
>>
>>9532432
>having a goybook
>>
>>9532337
I just lean into a chair and hold the book.
If your arms get tired then rest it on a knee.

>>9532339
Kindles are cancer for normies.
They're almost as bad as audiobooks.
If you don't have a proper book in your hands then you're not /lit/.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.