[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mfw.gif (3MB, 452x308px)
mfw.gif
3MB, 452x308px
Everyone should read books and write alongside them a fully fledged summary with relevant citations, ideas, interpretations, criticisms etc and integrate them into a new/existing Wikipedia article so they never have to read the book again and neither do future generations.

Try to prove me wrong. Just try.

fictionfags need not apply
>>
>>9526977
this made me dumber
>>
We is 2015 pasta now
>>
>>9526985
>>9526990
Can't prove me wrong
>>
>>9526977
what if you like to read?
>>
>>9527045
Read the Wikipedia article, dumbass!
>>
people should just skip reading books the first time and only read t the second time
>>
>>9527113
Ur a fucking idiot
>>
Back in university a lecturer of mine would stress that after reading a book, or a book chapter, or an academic article it was a worthwhile endeavour to write a short summary, picking out the key themes, etc. A page or so was always enough. He stressed that it was a good revision exercise, so that when the time came for an exam you didn't have to go back and read said articles again, merely look at the summaries - of course I did both because I enjoy giving myself extra work, I guess.

At the time I thought it was pointless busy work which took time away from getting "smashed," but it's something I still do to this day. Not with everything of course, but something particularly academic, I like to write a short something whether it be for the whole book, or chapter by chapter.
>>
File: 1483106575085.png (144KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483106575085.png
144KB, 400x400px
>>9526990
Was it that long ago? ;___;
>>
>>9527368

Get used to it, it will keep happening. Wait until you realise 1997 was 30 years ago
>>
two things:
1. i get your point, but when it comes to philosophy, a kind of nonfiction, there are most of the times nonconsensus(es) about the meaning of the texts, and with some of them, different understandings can generate really different interpretations, because the kind of knowledge that previous philosophers have dealt with. so even if there is wide consensus about the contents of a book (and there fiction is obviously as involved as nonfiction of all kinds), firsthand reading of any kind of text will always contribute more to the understanding of such texts than encyclopedic summaries of any topic will ever be able to. period.
2. since most of the texts we deal with, fiction and nonfiction, are the kind of books that do require multiple readings to fully grasp, trusting the contributions of first-time firsthand readers on the understanding of such readings is quite dubious. this aplies also for all kinds of fiction and nonfiction.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.