[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I get ino with Sylvia Plath ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: plath.jpg (104KB, 1080x743px) Image search: [Google]
plath.jpg
104KB, 1080x743px
Is she just a meme ?
>>
Into the oven.
>>
Ted hughes is better.

confessional poetry is oprah-tier cancer
>>
I'd also like to get into her, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>9525489
You don't beacause she's trash, cunt.
>>
>>9525489
She's a great writer, but maybe start small. The Bell Jar is a good book, albeit heavy. Make pick up some of her poetry first, see if you like it.
>>
read The Bell Jar if you dont mind crying a bit.

"I told him I believed in hell, and that certain people, like me, had to live in hell before they died, to make up for missing out on it after death, since they didn't believe in life after death, and what each person believed happened to him when he died."
>>
File: 220px-ArielPlath.jpg (17KB, 220x335px) Image search: [Google]
220px-ArielPlath.jpg
17KB, 220x335px
>>9525489

Love set you going like a fat gold watch.
The midwife slapped your footsoles, and your bald cry
Took its place among the elements.

Our voices echo, magnifying your arrival. New statue.
In a drafty museum, your nakedness
Shadows our safety. We stand round blankly as walls.

I’m no more your mother
Than the cloud that distills a mirror to reflect its own slow
Effacement at the wind’s hand.

All night your moth-breath
Flickers among the flat pink roses. I wake to listen:
A far sea moves in my ear.

One cry, and I stumble from bed, cow-heavy and floral
In my Victorian nightgown.
Your mouth opens clean as a cat’s. The window square

Whitens and swallows its dull stars. And now you try
Your handful of notes;
The clear vowels rise like balloons.
>>
JD Salinger for girls
>>
>>9525489
She's a pretty good stylist but very regional/stuck in her time and place and to a certain mindset (depressive teenagers, mostly) or as >>9525619 says; or, as Bloom would say, a period piece.

She had her own privately miserable life, but sadly I don't think her writing is universal enough to be remembered long.

The Bell Jar is a really promising novel, especially for a first/only novel, and if she had gotten over her depression and written more novels in the vein she has there of a lucid, controlled, but poetic style and well-done characterizations she may have been a much more memorable and important writer.

However, even though you know she's suicidally depressed, this doesn't help from sometimes disliking how edgy or filled with self-pity some of it can come across as.

Also I don't like confessional poetry so I'm already biased there, and especially Plath's which is concerned with suffering, morbidity, and self-pity, but even I can admit she's pretty talented with language use in her poetry. Not a Shakespeare, but maybe something to tinkle your jibnobs.
>>
>>9525657>>9525489

Also she's pretty hot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.