[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stop making sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Derrida_main[1].jpg (50KB, 303x379px) Image search: [Google]
Derrida_main[1].jpg
50KB, 303x379px
stop making sense
>>
it would seem pic related is the guy for that, more than derrida
>>
>>9525264
Derrida
>'nothing ever makes sense'
Deleuze
>'stop caring about what makes sense, or making sense yourself. everything kind of does'
>>
My god, how are these two "not making sense"? You just have got to know a thing or two about philosophers from the past and you'll be fine. For Derrida read some Hegel, Husserl and Heidegger. For Deleuze English empiricists (Bacon and Hume) and Spinoza will do the job.
>>
>>9525276
sounds good to me
>>
>>9525287
I think you're misreading it. It's not that we anons don't think they make sense or that we don't understand them, it's that we're commenting on how Derrida/Deleuze are understanding the inherent problems and weirdness of metaphysical sense-making and how to interpret what they might suggest instead.
>>
>>9525292

Right. But then Derrida was far more conscious of the dangers of anti-metaphysics. His "Spectres of Marx" is very ambiguous on this topic. Deleuze, however, embraced irrationalism and irresponsibility. He was completely blind to neoliberalism.
>>
>>9525287
>My god, how are these two "not making sense"?
Derrida's most well known "concept" is, on his own words, indefinable
>>
>>9525312

You've got to read between the lines and more importantly: have a good knowledge of philosophy in order to see how he 'subverts' the different philosophers he quotes. My biggest issue with Derrida is that he's too much of an erudite who guides you through his argument. Unlike Hegel, who's writing is so complicated you HAVE TO to think in order to make sense of it, Derrida's philosophy can be likened to one big egotrip.
>>
>>9525305
What? Derrida's entire project/method was to de-center and show the inner discrepancies inherent to any discourse / metaphysical system.

Deleuze embraced 'irrationalism' on the grounds of taking positive asset in any constellation of ideas/discourse/metaphysical system. It's built on the idea of accepting the inner logic of any discursive system or any metaphysics and exploring it on its own terms. He scoffed at the deconstructionist intelligentsia whose project was to deconstruct everything and provocally called himself a 'classic metaphysician'.

Deleuze's pluralism is a response to derridian anti-metaphysics that aims to show how ultimately, any text has already disarmed itself and the grounds it stands on.
>>
>>9525337
To reiterate ;

Derrida
>'nothing ever makes sense, and I will show you how it doesn't make sense. Also, I will deliberately write in an obscurantist manner to make you realize that I do not make sense either. Also, I clearly state that if you think you 'get' me, you have misunderstood me'.

Deleuze
>'come on guys, let's try and explore things through their own inner logic. Everything kind of makes sense on it own grounds.'

Also Deleuze
'Come on Mr. Shrink, instead of trying to categorize your psychotic patient through preconceived boxes, try to follow the workings of his psychosis on its own terms and look at its inner structure'
>>
>>9525337

As Badiou pointed out, Deleuze was a monist. Hell, Deleuze says it explicitly in many a passage in his book on Leibniz, 1000 plateaus and Anti-oedipus. So for him everything is already decided under the One and hence all we are left to do, is to EXPERIMENT. Deleuze hence forbids the question "why" and forces us to focus on "how".

Derrida, I think, throughout his whole career struggled with one question: how does knowledge relate to being. Although he was an avid reader of Hegel he, for some reasons, never understood that "what is" is quite already caught up in the dialectical process. Has he ever REFLECTED on his own position within history and society and not only pure ontology?
>>
>>9525391
>Deleuze hence forbids the question "why" and forces us to focus on "how"
which explains the preponderance of "machines" in his philosophy
>>
>>9524998
I got a girlfriend who's better than that
>>
>>9525382
>>9525337
Deleuze has been on my to-read list so long. The more I hear about him the more I think he's a big sweetie
>>
>>9525337
good post nigga
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.