[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one live the literary lifestyle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1495154955736.png (1MB, 1359x947px) Image search: [Google]
1495154955736.png
1MB, 1359x947px
How does one live the literary lifestyle?
>>
First you must stop watching weaboo shit
>>
>>9523972
Be poor. Write freelance for a meager living. Read during most of your free time. Meander around a city the rest of the time.

Alternatively, you could go the high brow route where you are independently wealthy by inheritance and become a patron to several little mags that produce leftist work that rails against everything you are.
>>
>>9523972
Work your ass off for what you believe in. Literally scrape and save for several years.

Quit fucking around in human society once you have what is ~3-10 years's worth of capital (plan for inflation by ~10% more than what you imagine) for minimum standards of living wherever you want to live.

Spend literally every single day breathing, eating, and reading literature. Study it, analyze it, memorize some and forget other.

And write. Write like it's water and you're fucking choking on sand and cinnamon. Copy shit at first, but damn it, write!
>>
File: 1495151068117.jpg (58KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1495151068117.jpg
58KB, 722x349px
>>9524062
>Alternatively, you could go the high brow route where you are independently wealthy by inheritance and become a patron to several little mags that produce leftist work that rails against everything you are.

/lit/ af, desu
>>
>>9524062
>Alternatively, you could go the high brow route where you are independently wealthy by inheritance and become a patron to several little mags that produce leftist work that rails against everything you are.
wasn't this basically Engels?
>>
>>9523972
Become a depressed, suicidal alcoholic.
>>
File: IMG_0517.jpg (41KB, 653x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0517.jpg
41KB, 653x653px
Drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, get an apartment without central air and has a fucking shitty field mouse living with you eating all your fucking bread. GOD FUCK THIS MOUSE. I SPEND MORE ON TRAPS THEN FOOD AND HES NOT DEAD YET.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 360x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 360x395px
My take on the artists' life.

>avoid what's vulgar: you internalize everything you see, hear and read to a certain extent, therefore bad art and displays of "lower" sensibilities will only harm you and your istinct in the long run. Be selective
>think creatively: since you're living the literary lifestyle every thought of yours is valuable, therefore you should learn how to plan them carefully
>practice your craft and read the masterpieces of your art academically
>always be attentive
>carefully plan your career, aiming at freedom and independence, never at the expenses of your art
>stay in touch with the contemporary art scene, and be ruthless in your judgment. You're an artist, not a critic, which means that your subjective opinion actually matters, and understanding why you like or dislike something will be certainly be propedeutic for your artistic istinct, since you have now examined it deliberately, cristallyzing new nuances in your aesthetic vocabulary.

And most importantly:
>the morals that are usually linked to art appreciation are downright useless for the artists themselves. The institutions will teach you to be lenient to a certain extent towards art you don't like, and to mantain mostly a moderate, if not neutral stance: this is done to help financially artists, galleries, theaters, etc, and more generally this way of reasoning does not keep in account the needs of an artist, who can only benefit immensely from his informate and deeply personal opinions. Again, be elitist, at least when you're by yourself.
>>
>>9524256
I have $21k saved up and don't have to pay rent. I feel like I could do this but I think I'd come out even more pretentious and unbearably autistic at the end of it
>>
>>9524466
if you're still worried about coming off as "autistic" you're definitely not gonna make it, don't even try
>>
trying to emulate a romanticised lifestyle recommended by anonymous tryhards on the internet is pretty much the opposite of literary, senpai. Just read books and stop being a poser, dummy
>>
>>9524297
fuck off
>>
>>9523972
shut the fuck up and read your goddamn backlog
>>
>>9524333
read herakleitos trips-kun
>>
>>9523972
>be born into safe bourgeois environment
>spend your whole life reading, doing drugs and producing nothing at all

That's pretty much it
>>
>>9524333
You have a mouse problem? Put some peanut butter or some chocolate on a mouse trap. They greatly prefer this to cheese.

t. senpai with a pet mouse
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.