[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nietzsche Eternal Recurrence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hungersnek.jpg (37KB, 499x332px) Image search: [Google]
hungersnek.jpg
37KB, 499x332px
Struggling to understand what Fred Nitche meant by the eternal recurrence.
Was it more than just a matter of "you should live as if this were the case"? A concept to serve his life affirmation?
I recall reading that he wrote in his correspondence somewhere a theory about all the matter in the universe eventually rearranging itself into the way it is now ad infinitum.

Are there any really good essays/books that properly examine the eternal recurrence?
>>
>>9523911
>What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.'

What do you not understand about this?
>>
>>9523911
In the gay science is more of a thought experiment (the demon appearing and telling you that you're going to repeat your life) but you're right, in one of his letters he mentions some psysicist with some similar theories making it seem that he actually believed in it
>>
You can approach it in one of two ways:

As a proposition that is either true or false, and has either to be affirmed or refuted

As a belief that is either beneficial to life or harmful to life, and has either to be accepted or denied
>>
some shit he stole from reading the shit schopenhauer sniped his shit from - hindi text bullshit
>>
>>9523911
In a finite universe that exists eternally, everything is bound to reoccur.
>>
>>9523928

Uninstall your life
>>
>>9523911
>I recall reading that he wrote in his correspondence somewhere a theory about all the matter in the universe eventually rearranging itself into the way it is now ad infinitu
Stop watching True Detective.
>>
>>9523911
The Return should be tought of as a sort of myth to replace the fallen Christian worldview.

A good book on Nietzsche is Deleuze's Nietzsche and Philosophy. The parts I read were very insightful
>>
>>9523984
>Deleuze

pls no
>>
File: fne3576735.jpg (31KB, 376x540px) Image search: [Google]
fne3576735.jpg
31KB, 376x540px
>The hypothesis of atoms is but one consequence of the concepts of subjects and substance: there has to be "a thing" that exists some place where the activity comes from. The atom is the last bud of the concept of soul.
>>
>>9523911
>Was it more than just a matter of "you should live as if this were the case"? A concept to serve his life affirmation?
Close, but the sense of it being a hypothetical is where interpreters get it wrong.

Nietzsche was beyond the hypothetical. He was more occult than that.

Nietzsche: The concepts 'true' and 'untrue' have no meaning in optics.
>>
>>9523925
This was a nice way to put it, thank you.
>>9523984
It's at my library, I'll go have a look thank you.
>>
>>9523993
Why?
>>
>>9523925
>muh questioning all values
>muh life-affirmation

Why is this shit thought of as so revolutionary again? Old Playdough himself set the common good above truth in the Politeia.
>>
It was a popular idea at the time. Infinite time means things will happen in the same was again and again, infinitely. It also means things will happen in any different way as well, infinitely.
>>
Reminder that S and N are just exposing Hinduism to the Westerners

captcha = Frederic
>>
I see it as a thought experiment. He was trying to explain that life is bearable even through all the suffering, and even though that suffering could eternally recur. He called it the most terrible weight, because you have to imagine going through the worst parts of your life again and again for all eternity(but also the good parts), and if you still think your life is worth living even in the face of that, this means you've essentially overcome nihilism.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.