[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catch 22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: catch 22.jpg (17KB, 180x279px) Image search: [Google]
catch 22.jpg
17KB, 180x279px
Harper Lee once said,
>Catch 22 is the only war novel I'd ever read that makes any sense

Does what she say have any merit?
>>
>>9523718
Is this another thinly veiled woman hate thread?
Who the fuck cares what Harper Lee thinks?
If this isn't bait, then why don't you share your thoughts so we can engender a bit of discussion
>>
>>9523726
I just did share my thought of inquiry. What else do you fucking want? Stop hating and move on to the next thread if there isn't anything you can contribute as this regards war novels and you obviously don't give a fuck.

P.S. This has nothing to do with her being a woman, but, simply, the fact that she hasn't been to war.
>>
>>9523718
As someone in the military, meh, its okay.
There's a moment that would make me chuckle, and reminded me of my daily life, but in general I'd say something along the lines of Generation Kill captures the mood of the military better.
>>
>>9523718
no . it doesn't . i got sick of the wacky bullshit I was reading and threw the book away.
>>
>>9523718
Of course not, she's a non-entity.
>>
>>9523726
>engender
sneaky
>>
>>9523876
>sick
>wacky bullshit
You sound just like Yossarian and the gang trying to skimp out on sorties
>>
>>9523804
>As someone in the military
cuck
>>
>>9523894
Coming from anon without gf, brawns, or brains.
>>
>>9523894
Says the guy paying for my college and salary :^)
>>
>>9523906
I have a girlfriend and a decent job
>>9523916
>thinking I'm an American

Go take a bullet for the fat rich people who don't give a shit about you, lad. Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori and all that
>>
>>9523718
It's a dumb blurbable, and it's a dumb novel. Read fucking Tolstoy and don't waste time on pop culture garbage like this.
>>
>That is where he wanted to be if he had to be there at all, instead of hung out there in front like some goddam cantilevered goldfish in some goddam cantilevered goldfish bowl while the goddam foul black tiers of flak were busting and booming and billowing all around and above and below him in a climbing, cracking, staggered, banging, phantasmagorical, cosmological wickedness that jarred and tossed and shivered, clattered and pierced, and threatened to annihilate them all in one splinter of a second in one vast flash of fire.

Gotta love Heller's comedic takes at battle
>>
>>9523718
>Does what she say have any merit?
What dimension are you arriving from?
>>
>>9524037
The 22nd Dimension?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.