[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poetry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1394.jpg (66KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1394.jpg
66KB, 300x300px
What are some entry level poets I should start with? What is your favourite poem? Who is your favourite poet? Post poetry here.
>>
Leopoldo María Panero
>>
>>9523384

Poetry is not fucking science, you don't need to read some purported "entry level" work to get into it. In fact, this will likely just make you hate it as an art form. Just pick a theme that interests you and search for relevant poets.
>>
>>9523439
This. Just jump right into the Verlaine and the Cantos.
>>
>>9523384
This album is the shit.
Thanks.
I needed a jazz lobotomy.
My despair is displeased with me.

You should really start with The Mind of God by Ludious Scott Denver.

Turn on the movie Scent of a Woman and turn the sound off.

The Bible will be recommended soon. Along with Shakes spear in face and screams "Your Modern consciousness is my doing!"

All the way down in the hole is Langston Hughes, but must be interspersed with Ovid's Metamorphosis.

Dancing by fire light under the moon is also good.

Again, thanks.
>>
>>9523384

I came up with a poem today. Let me know what you think, /lit/:

No blood from a stoney
leave me aloney
with my baloney
and all my money
>>
>>9523721
The romance of honey
Is sweet but not sunny
If she loves you a tonny
My eye-rhyming croney.
>>
>>9523439
retard
>>
>>9524436
You must add some content to your post before your signature.
>>
>>9523384
Eminescu with the longest poem ever, Luceafărul
>>
Do you have any literary opinions of your own OP? That would really help.
>>
>>9523384
WE
>>
Sonnet 18 by Shakespeare, The Second Coming by Yeats and A slumber did my spirit seal by Wordsworth were the first poems I liked, maybe check those out.
>>
>>9527041
>Sonnet 18 by Shakespeare

This is so cliche that's it's underrated.
>>
>>9523384
Rimbaud mon amie.
>>
File: Orlovsky.png (345KB, 1076x1336px) Image search: [Google]
Orlovsky.png
345KB, 1076x1336px
>>9523384
Orlovsky is pretty good in my opinion. He was Ginsberg's younger boyfriend. Ginsberg is fucking so good.

One of MY favorite books of poetry is Mindfield by Corso though...
>>
START
>>
>Wallace Stevens
Don't try to understand his poems, just see each as a clear demarcation of his philosophy on subjectivity.
>W.C. Williams
Read Spring and All
>Walt Whitman
Read if you are American.
>Frank O'Hara
A simple, humorous poet.
>T.S. Eliot
Read Prufrock, it's surprisingly accessible.
>>
>>9529959
Seconding this, Rimbaud is the guy

My favorite by him is Roman
en Français: http://www.mag4.net/Rimbaud/poesies/Roman.html
in English: http://www.mag4.net/Rimbaud/poesies/Romance.html
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.