[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the peak of YA lit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: book[2].jpg (2MB, 3988x3701px) Image search: [Google]
book[2].jpg
2MB, 3988x3701px
Is this the peak of YA lit?
>>
I will never be able to sympathize with young, attractive female characters, especially when they bring their problems onto themselves.
>>
File: the-sound-of-waves.jpg (156KB, 778x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the-sound-of-waves.jpg
156KB, 778x1200px
No, this is
>>
Could Hannah Baker be more of a shitty character?

>Waaah Im a beautiful teenage girl who guys find attractive and I get bullied so I'll kill myself and ruin other people's lives.

>Waaah im going to yell at the only guy that cares about me and then act pissed off because he didn't come back after I told him off.

>Waaah I got raped after I knowingly and willingly went to the house party of a guy I know for a fact is a rapist and then I KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY AGAIN took off my clothes and got in the hut tub with all the other douchebags that have bullied me in the past

This bitch ruined several people's lives, is going to bankrupt the school, caused another suicide and is probably also going to cause a mass shooting.... but hey, at least she had her petty revenge.
>>
>>9519835
Yep. Norwegian Wood, Damien, and Catcher in the Rye are up there too.
>>
>>9519827
Didn't find the rape scene fap worthy
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>9519849
>itt
>/tv/ pretending they read a book
>>
File: little-women-book.jpg (858KB, 1047x1614px) Image search: [Google]
little-women-book.jpg
858KB, 1047x1614px
>>
>>9519849
I got banned from Tumblr because of an inflammatory post just like this one kek
>>
>>9519873
God damn, Norwegian Wood was a fucking awesome book, if not a bit sophomoric.
>>
>BURGUER KING, THIS IS YOUR TAPE
>>
>is this the best smelling part of the shit heap?
>>
>>9519835
>>9519873
>every novel with teenage characters is YA

I find this meme disconcerting
>>
This book is shit desu
>>
>>9519827
>YA Literature
I'd be extremely concerned if I saw my hypothetical child reading this, both for his/her taste in literature and the fact this book encourages suicide worse than anything schopenhauer ever wrote.
Seriously this girl is so smug for killing herself.

I fucking hate her so much, I'd just like to punch her stupid face for asserting that everyone only exists as personal slaves for her happiness.
>>
>>9520270
Your dermis is showing.
>>
>>9519827
The right cover makes it look like a horror book.
>>
>>9520606
there's nothing more horrendous than rape
>>
We have to see if it kills more people than Werther first. But, maybe, OP. Just maybe this one will kill enough.
>>
>>9520270
Novels written for young adults are young adult novels regardless of how much you dislike being associated with the term.
Notes from Underground, Crime and Punishment, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1984, The Sorrows of Young Werther, all YA.
>>
>>9520270
Agreed
>>9520675
>Novels written for young adults
>implying
>>
>>9519831
This. Attractive female characters bring no sympathy from within me.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.