[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more interested in reading? Every time I pick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: lalala.jpg (711KB, 1936x2008px) Image search: [Google]
lalala.jpg
711KB, 1936x2008px
How do I become more interested in reading? Every time I pick up a book it feels like such a huge chore to get through.

Please help me lit, I want to be smart like you...
>>
>>9518882
get a kindle, commit to reading 5%/day of whatever the book is. stop browsing the internet and refreshing catalogue on 4chan. it fries yer head
>>
>>9518889
>>9518882
Please whatever you do don't get a kindle
>>
Pick a book you like the sound of and commit to reading at minimum one page a day and when you complete one page consider that a success and go about your day.

Here comes the important bit: There will be times you don't want to stop at the end of the page, you'll want to keep going because you find yourself becoming interested in the writing. You're no longer doing a chore because you've already done your one page, anything beyond that, well, that's enjoyment.

If you want to speed up the process commit to reading five pages a day spread throughout the day. So just one page every three or so hours.
>>
>>9518882
Why are womanposters always so fucking retarded?
>>
>>9518889
I bought a kindle touch 3 months ago, I have been reading 8-12 hours a day there has been no improvement. I still find myself rereading the same sentences again every page my mind drifts off could be bad memories, regrets, fantasies
Meditation only amplifies these things, I try to focus on my breath but it does nothing I "temporarily" try to observe these things but I end up fixating upon them
>>
>>9518966
internet addiction. go without for 6 months
>>
>>9518882
I listen to audiobooks. I like it a lot better honestly. What's the difference between reading a story or listening to one anyway?
>>
Pics where someone's feet are shoved in the camera are so obnoxious, and I say that as a footfag.
Also women in general seem misshapen, and 99% of the "cute feet" that drooling virgins post on 4chan look deformed. That said, most of the "hot guy feet" that get posted on /hm/ look abominable too.
Fuck me tbqh
>>
Just read one sentence, then tell yourself to read another. Eventually you'll start forgetting that you're forcing yourself to read.
I did this when learning German, Japanese and currently Russian. It works like a charm in English too.

The first big hump is reading the first sentence. Then I tell myself to read another, then tell myself to read for five minutes, then I say another five minutes, then ten minutes etc. etc.
>>
File: 1488141053673.gif (473KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1488141053673.gif
473KB, 221x196px
>>9518966
>8-12 hours a day
What are you?
>>
File: audiobooks.png (7KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
audiobooks.png
7KB, 310x310px
What does /lit/ think of Audiobooks?
With commutes I do ~2 hours of listening every week day and 4 every weekend
>>
>>9520176
Depends on the reader and the book.
For history books I usually crank that shit up to 1.73x speed and listen all night.
>>
>>9520221
90% of my audiobook listening is non fiction
>>
>>9518882

Read standing on the precipice of a cliff. Not even kidding. Its a surreal experience, and hey if you fall off and die at least you won't be around to make shit threads like this anymore.
>>
>>9520145
a liar
>>
>>9518882
wtf? you just look at the fucking thing. It's not that hard.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.