[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophies like Stoicism? Concerning working hard and the like.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: stopcaring.jpg (67KB, 720x1143px) Image search: [Google]
stopcaring.jpg
67KB, 720x1143px
Philosophies like Stoicism? Concerning working hard and the like.
>>
Buddhism
>>
>>9518219
>Concerning working hard and the like.
this is called being a numale full of spooks. so go to pol, out and sci
>>
>>9518219
Epicureanism
Maybe Confucianism
>>
>>9518219
>>9518219
IDK stoicism is pretty much unparalleled in this respect, grab yourself a Stoics Reader. The only other thing coming close is Christian philosophy, probably of the Protestant persuasion.
>>
>>9518219
*punchs you in the face"
>>
>>9518219
Christianity. Bear your suffering proudly.
>>
>>9518241
>wanting to raise your serotonin levels is a spook
oy vey
>>
>>9518241
>literally autism spectrum
>>
>>9518241
h-hedonist
>>
why are you dumb fags espousing christianity and stoicism when they're shitty derivitives of classic cynicism for normies two millenia ago
>>
>>9518344
>proudly
didnt get it
>>
Being finnish

Sisu
>>
Reading this right now, it's pretty good.
>>
File: Memoirs_of_Hadrian.jpg (34KB, 336x500px) Image search: [Google]
Memoirs_of_Hadrian.jpg
34KB, 336x500px
Just finished rereading this one. He is the secular grandfather of Marco Aurelio. You'll like it
>>
Weber?
>>
>>9518288
this

Epicurus' the art of happiness is a good place to start. You will get a good contrast to some of the stoic beliefs, more towards hedonism but still an interesting movement
>>
Are there any works directly critical of stoicism?
>>
>>9521982
The Enneads of Plotinus
>>
>>9520566

This. Don't bear suffering proudly. Just bear it, and don't complain, and don't make a fuss. It is your role to struggle with adversity if you currently are. It is your objective as a Stoic to overcome it without succumbing to any external factors, and reigning in your internal perceptions. Keep a same mind in all situations. Calm, even, steady.

Nothing proud about it, that's actually a vice.
>>
>>9518219

>stoicism
>that filename
>for Marcus Aurelius
topwew
>>
>>9518607
It actually is. Dopamine, too.
>>
>>9518219
try no fap
>>
I enjoy Old Testament and traditional Greek ethics but cannot stand the way Stoicism and Christianity tell you to be a cuckhold and prostrate yourself before those who harm you. What is a good philosophy for me?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.