[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YAWN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images (47).jpg (19KB, 312x471px) Image search: [Google]
images (47).jpg
19KB, 312x471px
YAWN
>>
Went downhill after he grew up
I just wanted more Irish babytalk prose
>>
>>9516501
Tell me about it. Jimmy j is boring as fuck. I wanted to blow my brains out during 85% of dubliners, 100% of ulyssess and also 100% of pic related.
>>
>>9516533

>I just wanted more Irish babytalk prose

Stop pretending like you like it. You hate it. You hate every single second of it and you know it.
>>
>>9516501
Yeah, I was let down by portrait. It lacked a lot of the amazing prose that so many of the stories in Dubliners had and none of the complexity of Ulysses.
>>
>>9516501
>>9516533
>>9516537
>>9516751
You people are such raging, irredeemable pseuds. Portrait is the height of literature. The moment where Stephen is walking along the ocean and decides to explore his soul and follow its yearnings rather than obey the calling of priesthood is absolutely sublime. You can see the shackles of strict, ordered Catholicism broken in the prose which becomes free and artistic.

If you can't appreciate this book you should really go back to /r/books.
>>
>>9516815
>generic description #268568
>>
>>9516751
>It lacked a lot of the amazing prose that so many of the stories in Dubliners
lol what the fuck are you talking about. It's hard to believe you read both of these.
>>
>>9516501
Coming of age stories almost always suck asshole
>>
>>9516501
It contains the best sermon ever put down on paper tbqh
>>
I think you need to be a Catholic to truly understand Stephen's struggle in Portrait. The priest's diatribe on hell is one of the most gripping and terrifying things I've ever read, but I could totally see how it would come off as boring to someone else.
>>
>>9516898
lol @ Catholics with their made up suppressive bullshit
>>
>>9516841
Not really sure what was generic about that. It's a lot better than the "it's dull xd" that preceded it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.