[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is reality perception?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Is reality just perceived by one person(You)?

If You become trapped in a never ending illusion does it become your reality?
>>
>>9513660
The way we go about experiencing reality is through perception.

What?

Saying things like 'your reality' seems to me you use 'reality' to already mean some sort of subjective state of experience, in which case the answer is trivially yes (i.e. "If you perceive X, and reality is perception, then isn't your reality now X?").
>>
File: 1494028788732.gif (504KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494028788732.gif
504KB, 500x281px
Welcome to the 17th century, I'm glad you could make it.
>>
>>9513660
haha your pic is from funnyjunk
>>
>>9513673
So what is Reality to you?
>>
>>9513660

idk man but i got sorted into hufflepuff apparently
>>
File: 1485162494153.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485162494153.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>9513660
Reality is perceived by God as he is connatured with his creation. The universe is the divine intellect imparting itself, culminating in its being made communicable to man through Christ. The creator falls inward on us, so that we fall onto him. This grand empty motion of the cosmos, the consummation and instrumentality of all things. Pure superfluity. Pure self-emptying. To disturb the nothing for no reason. That's God desu.
>>
>>9513660
I've reached the conclusion reality belongs to one person and it's whoever is most in control, a measurable quantity defined by power relations to everything else. True or not, it's a thought I've had for a long time and it's just always stuck with me. I really do truly believe there is a practical god and he's probably a white Caucasian male. I'm sure he's been on 4chan, I doubt he spends very much time.
>>
>>9513660
>>>/his/
Newfag
>>
>>9513682
>tfw thought about this since I was a kid
>this guy was considered revolutionary and a genius

Were everyone just brainlets a few centuries ago?
>>
>>9513817
yes
>>
>>9513715
Fuck off Berkeley you absolute hack.
>>
Any good non meme answers?
>>
>>9513682
What is Descartes answer to this issue, though. I get what solipsism is about but I always craved for a solid answer. Just faith? Because that sounds dumb as fuck.
>>
No. Solipsism is faggottry
>>
>>9514366
He proves the existence of God (not really) and then everything works magically
>>
>>9513660
There is no illusion, there is no reason for it, it just is

No reason to doubt you're not just another agent among equals either
>>
>>9513686
I think the word refers to something independent of human perception. I personally believe it is inaccessible, so the way consciousness goes about the world is made-up solely of interpretations and perceptions, but it'd be silly to say reality *is* perception.
>>
>>9513660

who cares. theres nothing you can do about it either way
>>
>>9513715
And who's God? Heh... THAT my friend, is YOU.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.