[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is postmodern literature such trash? That goes for pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: infinite toilet paper.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
infinite toilet paper.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
Why is postmodern literature such trash? That goes for pretty much all of it. Including DeLillo, DFW, and Pynchon. Why do postmodern authors spend so much time researching better books from people smarter than them, if they're only capable of producing lackluster narratives?
>>
DFW is such trash his name shouldn't be in the same sentence as Pynchon or Delillo
>>
>>9510137
t. I was a mindless redditor who praised IJ when it was in fashion, now I bash it because that's cool now.
>>
>>9510133
I would answer your question, but I can't do so since you force me to accept your premise.

I have no problem with intertextuality, nor do I think that all the authors you mentioned are capable of producing lackluster narratives. I also don't think it's very useful to see all of these authors as part of a postmodern tradition when wanting to discuss the two things you take issue with.

I would invite you to explain your framing of these authors within the postmodern tradition and its relevance to their kind of narratives and intertextuality, but I know better than to ask such sensible things of faggots.
>>
>>9510150
t. DFWIDF

I've always hated the nu-sincere bandanna man
>>
>>9510153
Intertext is good, but none of the commonly cited postmodernists do it well. Their effect is not to create meaning, but to sap all meaning from their narratives by overloading it with too much of a good thing.

>>9510170
Yet you don't see a problem with DeLillo. Who are you kidding.
>>
>>9510183
Delillo is trash too but nowhere near as bad as wallace

you're probably mad you came too late to enjoy the >dfw is good memes so you blame based reddit
>>
it's just American postmodernism that's bad
>>
>>9510133
What is this sick new meme top zozz lad
>>
>>9510295
dude lmao noscope 420 xxx bonggrip blaze it guffaw lol
>>
>>9510891
Lmao
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.