[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start with the bible Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: JPstop.jpg (50KB, 857x1024px) Image search: [Google]
JPstop.jpg
50KB, 857x1024px
>start with the bible

Is he right?
>>
why bother
>>
>>9509147
Probably because nearly everyone in the west after the second century borrowed parts of it and it's the biggest influential work bar none there?
>>
>>9509172
so all the important parts are out there in popular (and unpopular) culture.
>>
>>9509172
to play the devil's advocate, the bible has no place in society anymore since nation-states and scientific progress replaced dynastic regimes and theology as the primary modes of meaning making, respectively. It's influence in culture is negated by its prevalence, and aside from getting a clearer narrative about the book from which x expression comes from, it is largely unnecessary.
>>
>>9509218
But how else will I realize Batman v Superman was really about jesus?
>>
File: 565465464.png (61KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
565465464.png
61KB, 300x229px
>>9509218
>you can find meaning in science
>>
>>9509326
>with
>>
>>9509218
It'll have meaning again after the nuclear eradication war
>>
>>9509218
>What other people claim is relevant
Trust their actions, not their lying mouths.
>>
>>9509218
that's exactly the point brother.

Jordan Peterson, and all other modernism revivalists, classicists, and reactionaries, think that those systems of meaning are fundamentally and disastrously insufficient, and this is exactly what Nietzche is warning about in the Gay Science when he proclaims that God is dead.

Your criticism is their argument, namely yes, those things are the "primary modes of meaning making" and that they are destructive and not conducive to the health of the individual and consequently the family and consequently society.
>>
>>9509218
>X has replaced Y, therefore Y is has no value or merit
>>
>>9509142
It should be just a detour, you can take it as your point of departure but why you would start or end with one particular take on things is just totally idiocentric

>>9510592
Whole nations did reject mechanics but it just caused them to stagnate and become weak until they had to (or were colonized) and embrace modernity. If you're going to survive as an entity you have to precognitively assimilate conceptions, which contradict Christian dogma, into a common sense interpretation of the world.
>>
>>9509218
I agree completely! Also, I think we should stop eating and using egg whites and yolk as long as we have supremely crunchy eggshells to eat...
>>
Why not Marxism?
If you have to pick one particular flavor of Judaism For Goys™, you may as well install the contemporary version of these superstitions.
>>
Honestly, if you are someone who is born and raised in the West, you likely already know enough about the basics of Christian mythology via social osmosis that you don't really need to read it.

That's not to say that reading it is somehow a bad thing, though. If you want to read it, go for it.

You don't have to "start" with it though. That's just a meme that the "traditionalist" christposters here spread around.
>>
File: do it for him.png (619KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
do it for him.png
619KB, 1024x731px
>>9509142
>>
>>9511825
>>
>>9509997
Does it really though? One of the reasons why I dislike the movie Eli was that in my mind the Bible doesn't have much ground to stand on without its cultural surroundings and dynamics going on at its time. Of course it could repeat itself that way after thermonuclear holocaust but I doubt it.
>>
>>9509142
he's the poster child for a socially acceptable/moderated form of christian radicalism/fascism. he's kind of a useful idiot.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.